EA Forums - Banner

Too many useless characters?

I'm still working on the petting zoo and had no idea that you could have both the petting zoo and the burger truck at the same time so haven't come across this issue personally, but then again I never use donuts to speed up quests etc myself.

Replies

• hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Agree but what bothers me even more is that the characters are in certain categories but not all those characters can participate. Example last act I remember that "seniors" needed to do a task at the gingerbread house, I realized after I put them all on missions and needed 4 of them so I stored 4 so they'd be available, once it was time to put them on missions only 2 of the 4 I had freed up were able to do the mission so I had to store ALL my seniors because I didn't know which ones I could use. Why aren't they ALL allowed to participate? Kind of silly to call for seniors but then not all can do the job only certain ones. It happened with pessimists too. Why can't ALL the kids participate? Only about half mine can. Other than that annoyance I'm quite enjoying this event!
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's EA's way of forcing some that are impatient, to spend donuts to speed things up. Reversed psychology. EA is in a business to make money. The more spent buying expensive donuts, the more they make. They need to keep up with the other 1%ers.
  • Lee3472
    292 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes, I'm enjoying the event, but Impatient, :oops:

but it's always annoyed me that events require the same few characters, while some players must have 100 characters that are not involved when they could be doing something useful :)
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Agree but what bothers me even more is that the characters are in certain categories but not all those characters can participate. Example last act I remember that "seniors" needed to do a task at the gingerbread house, I realized after I put them all on missions and needed 4 of them so I stored 4 so they'd be available, once it was time to put them on missions only 2 of the 4 I had freed up were able to do the mission so I had to store ALL my seniors because I didn't know which ones I could use. Why aren't they ALL allowed to participate? Kind of silly to call for seniors but then not all can do the job only certain ones. It happened with pessimists too. Why can't ALL the kids participate? Only about half mine can. Other than that annoyance I'm quite enjoying this event!

This^^^
    I have kids wandering around doing nothing. The ones that need to be buying hot squishees are doing that on heavy rotation. So I think ok, the second task for the petting zoo requires youngsters, I can put some of these darn slackers to work. Oops no I can't, I have to take every kid off the squishee task and put them on the six hour petting zoo task.

Stupid.
  • Lee3472
    292 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Also..... How come Kearney and Jimbo make squishees but Dolph doesn't ? :cry:
  • cherrysweatr
    243 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    They seem to have been more selective about who fits what category this event than past ones
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lee3472 wrote:
    Hope EA read this... I'm currently upgrading burger truck and petting zoo, need gluttons and brainiacs respectively. Comic book guy is in both categories but can only be in one place at a time.... so it's taking longer than it should..... but I've got about 30-40 characters doing nothing, ...Kirk in his cracker factory, cocoa beanie next door giving factory tours etc. etc. why aren't more characters available for the event? Just spent a few donuts to get Patches & Poor Violet, but I suppose when I've finished their questline they'll be useless too. Dr.Marvin Monroe looks like he could be a glutton and brainiac, why can't he do something useful in the event? Isn't it about time EVERY character was put into one of the categories so they can be useful during events? Level 59 players with lots of premium characters shouldn't need to do a task twice because they don't have enough useful characters to complete it in one go. some low-level players must be sending the same character to do the same thing 3 times over. ...boring and repetitive is NOT the recipe for a fun game

Rant over ...what does anyone else think on this subject ?

On a more positive note, I will be purchasing another tray of your finest donuts probably today as I keep rushing things because I'm impatient
    :)

Agreed start taking care of your paid players people that pay your salary and pay for the game I'm sick and tired of these events being worked around the free players of the event I'm sorry if they don't want to spend money. it's frustrating that we have to sit here and do multiple tasks over and over again just so that they can make the quest easy enough for the free low level players, there should be an advantage to being a premium player more than just a percent bonus that we get. we should really get to use all of the hundred and seventy characters that we have purchased with hard earned money.
  • Lee3472
    292 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    More people are saying the same as me but split around different threads :(
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    1000 times agree with this. I really wish that more characters were used in the events. I love it when I can put all my characters on a task at the same place and you get that mile long thumbs up when they are all done. :D
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes. Why bother assigning characters to different groups if you're then going to exclude them from being part of that group :?
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited December 2015
    Just be thankful that characters are useful at all. There's another popular tapping game that offers five to six new characters per event (some premium) that are literally never used again for any reason. Most events only use the same four base characters and every other character is just twiddling their thumbs doing nothing the whole time.

TSTO's character groups are much better and a step in the right direction. Sure, they could use some improvement, but baby steps.
  • Lee3472
    292 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yup, @Mirality I used to play the "other" game.....just don't have time for both :(
  • kahim41659
    250 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    agree. especially the characters obtained from the events, like sideshow bob could have been involved more in different occasions. Still, some characters with special functions are meant to stick with their task, for example, Cookie Kwan in my town is just advertising SH (8 hrs task with 1000 estate points payout) forever.
  • Lee3472
    292 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Now it's Cletus who has 3 jobs queued up that will keep him busy for the next 2 days non-stop

Meanwhile there's 30-40 other characters with nothing to do

:!:
  • Lee3472
    292 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, patience ......I keep forgetting that thing

:)
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited December 2015
    What's really frustrating is that some jobs require 8 characters to complete and there are only 7 characters available to do the task (including premium ones).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.