EA Forums - Banner

Daily challenge - craft tree lot. Already have it but challenge not completing

Replies

• HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Just had a call back from EA support - they're well aware of it and will roll out a fix when available. If not in time, they will compensate on any donuts that were missed.

In other words, no news.
  • tyabolical
    111 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    If {
    item.treelot.owned=1
    DailyTask1.complete ();
    }

Like many others I crafted this thing right away. A simple check should have been implemented.
  • Snakeyees
    2321 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Add my name to the list great job! EA *cough
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Its just EA being EA.
  • 311967229W42
    1 posts
    edited December 2015
    tyleerxo wrote:
    Wow, there is so much entitlement on this thread. You all realise that EA don't have to give us 20 free donuts each week. Judging by the reactions on this forum you would think that everyone had PAID for these donuts. Remember EA are basically giving these away FREE to us.

Yes this situation is a bit frustrating and is obviously an over sight on EA but come on is it really that big of a deal that everyone is making it?

The biggest over-reaction I've seen in this thread was your post (and the one quoted below). I mean that in the nicest way possible. But it looks to me like you've taken the time to play Politeness Police on one of the nicest and most rational threads about a bug in a game that I've ever seen.

It's a long thread about a specific issue in the game for starters, one would expect to see the games players and customers a little upset. You mention "judging by the reactions on this thread", so I scrolled back through the previous eight pages and I was stunned. I didn't really see any entitlement. The bulk of reactions I saw were people who mentioned the issue, offered possible troubleshooting solutions and some talk about contacting support. Some were disappointed that a newly created challenge could be impossible to complete, which is a very understandable complaint for any player of any game. Only a few people even mentioned the donuts at all, and even then I can understand having that expectation. You yourself even admit it's "a bit frustrating" and "obviously an over sight". IMO the reaction to this has been spot on. No one is yelling, no one is threatening to quit, threatening a boycott or demanding donuts (Or more likely extra donuts. It is the internet after all). Mentioning a bug on a games forums and troubleshooting the issue with other users isn't over-reacting, it's an entirely appropriate reaction. In an internet full of the opposite I think it should be applauded.

Suzalilli wrote:
    Wow, there are a lot of very twisted knickers in this thread.

It's a game. Yes, there is an issue and you can see by now that EA are aware of it and that they'll fix it. I cannot believe people are getting so wound up over a few pixel donuts. Time to put your device down and have a look at what's going on in the real world.

Once again, the most twisted of knickers in this thread seem to be in your post. It is entirely believable that people who play a game would come to a forum for the game and post into a thread specifically about an issue they are having. As above, so far these comments have been productive and reasonable. That is entirely appropriate behavior and one of the reasons these forums exist. What I can't believe is that someone who isn't concerned about the issue would wade into a growing topic about an issue that clearly other people do care about only to take the time out of their day to criticize them.

Since you brought it up, maybe it's time for you to step away from the internet and have a look at what's going on in the real world. Or, maybe that's the problem. If putting down your device and "looking at what's going on in the real world" led you to this forum, then may I kindly suggest you pick that device right back up. Seriously, these guys posting here are doing great. They don't need the "help". Enjoy that whole world out there! They'll be fine. Instead of hanging around in a thread for an issue you aren't bothered by posting negativity towards others, go find the thing that you are interested in and be passionate about that! Spread some positivity, much like twisted knickers, it's very contagious! :)
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Add my name to the list great job! EA *cough

Every player is affected by this.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Muhsterino wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Yep also been struck by this flaw / Glitch :roll:
    Me too, although I would call it bad programming :(

EA programmer:

X80fN92.gif

(I'm getting way too much use out of this gif lately. :evil: )

• 4kidsandacatdog
    3082 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Muhsterino wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Yep also been struck by this flaw / Glitch :roll:
    Me too, although I would call it bad programming :(

EA programmer:

X80fN92.gif

(I'm getting way too much use out of this gif lately. :evil: )

:-)

Thanks for the laugh.
  • ZennGlenn
    1725 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    image.jpg1_zpszll0rv5h.jpg
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Adding my name to the list.
  • johncolombo
    11405 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2015
    cough cough

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Every one relax, they will get a fix for it and probably comp us the 20 donuts and 300 bows and all will be well...im not too upset about it....were getting Maggie and they have honestly been very generous this year!!! So relax and Tappa Tappa!!!
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • ghallmark814
    2343 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I love it when things like this happen, it makes GD hella fun to read. :mrgreen:

<--- Eggnog! Woo-hoo!
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I love it when things like this happen, it makes GD hella fun to read. :mrgreen:

<--- Eggnog! Woo-hoo!

with Jack Daniels????? :D
  • shesILL
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Same. Storing it & putting back doesn't help complete the task.
  • ghallmark814
    2343 posts Member
    edited December 2015

<--- Eggnog! Woo-hoo!

No Bourbon actually. ( you just made me laugh when I saw that and I knew what my response was.) :D
    Thanks for that.
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited December 2015

<--- Eggnog! Woo-hoo!

No Bourbon actually. ( you just made me laugh when I saw that and I knew what my response was.) :D
    Thanks for that.

as long as its not Brandy were good!!! :wink:
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    empathy77 wrote:
    Its just EA being EA.

Right, has there ever been a TSTO event without glitches and problems? Its EA don't expect anything better.
  • meezosoop
    141 posts
    edited December 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Add me to the list

The easier solution for EA might be to give everyone 20 donuts and 300 ribbons

And a ski chalet ;)
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Really weird but atleast lots of ppl effected by it. That means faster resolve. Still wouldn't hurt to complain and maybe get some free sprinkles lol.

b81d0e93cab7a5151a7545288d2c0311.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!