EA Forums - Banner

How do you know if you have hidden gifts?

some of them notice while dropping presents from feeder towns, others might know because neighbors told them they couldnt drop anything^^

Replies

• Peppermallow
    212 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I know I have 3 presents in my town that I cannot find. My one and only feeder town can only ever drop 2 at the moment, and it's been like this for about 5 days.

The way to find them is to change into the Redesign mode, and set Buildings, Trees and the Monorail to invisible. They should stand out like a sore thumb. That's how I have found them previously. Be aware that the presents can be in the water on the beach, and they float. Took me a very long time to find the presents some dumped there, and they played them all as Naughty too :(

Not only did I only get 1 bow, I probably missed on friends who intended to gift to me but couldnt.

I must go have another look.

PS: If you are one of my friends, and you know that you saw the presents you dropped went behind a Tree, into a lake, or into Springfield Heights (Entirely a house farm now) message me and tell me please... It's driving me nuts.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited December 2015
    Its easy. Go into the move section and deselect everything. That way you can see through buildings and see if a present is back there. Good luck and I hope this helped :thumbup:
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited December 2015
    I know how to find them, I just don't know when they're there. My friends aren't telling me and I don't want to make a feeder town so I guess I don't get to know. Oh well.
  • wadebear
    4003 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    baxbooch wrote:
    I see some people complaining they have gifts in their town they can't find but how do they know? Every now and then I'll accidentally tap on one I didn't know was there but I wouldn't have known to look for it.
    If you have Notifications turned on you should get a notification when you get a Present. The sound that plays is a harpchime (brrrrring).

My problem with this is that I get notifications sometimes hours after the event that spawned the notification happened, and that I'll get multiple notifications for stuff. There are days I get notification after notification that somebody has visited my Springfield - and it's often from my other town so I KNOW it's not true.

abearsanta has visited your Springfield.

Oh, and I only seem to get one notification no matter how many Presents someone drops. Today I got 5 Presents from the same neighbor but only got 1 notification. Fortunately he was nice (and has REALLY great aim) so they were all lined up and easy to find.
    The way to find them is to change into the Redesign mode, and set Buildings, Trees and the Monorail to invisible. They should stand out like a sore thumb. That's how I have found them previously. Be aware that the presents can be in the water on the beach, and they float. Took me a very long time to find the presents some dumped there, and they played them all as Naughty too :(

Presents can also be behind Decorations. I can see Presents behind Decorations with them 'invisible', they look like a small dark square inside a larger lighter square. Where I'm having problems finding them is when they're behind a Building AND a Decoration.

I experimented yesterday and found that you can't see even the shadow of the Presents behind a Building and a Decoration with both turned off.

I wound up moving all my Wailing Walls over into a corner, taking down my Tap Ball Stadium and shifting a bunch of Decorations around so that there were no buildings and decorations crossing each other (if you understand what I mean).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!