Receiving presents

Prev1
:shock:

Mind if I PM you?

Replies

• maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Changing your name might not help if people are using the event leaderboard. When I have spare presents to give, that's where I check. They did increase the number of donuts you can have in your town to 10. I was just able to drop some on a neighbor who has been full up for a long time.
  • NuclearPip
    85 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The more events I complete, the more random I think it is.

Being almost directly in the center of the alphabet, I used to assume that it had a lot to do with alphabetical positioning, but I've now gone through multiple events where it was obvious that reciprocal relationships really did make the difference, and I had no problems at all.

This time, though, I do wonder. My neighbors at the beginning and end of the alphabet have lots of gift boxes laying around when I visit them, and I've had two in the past three days (not to winge too much). Dunno, man - it seems really random to me. No guarantees someone will reciprocate.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    We are now getting 10 gifts a day! I hope you get some soon. :(
  • kathy699
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have room for another neighbor. Add me and I'll send you some presents. Kathy699
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited December 2015
    :shock:

Mind if I PM you?
    not at all
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited December 2015
    kathy699 wrote:
    I have room for another neighbor. Add me and I'll send you some presents. Kathy699
    done!
  • Grumpstown
    1362 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    i cant send you gifts, i tried a few times, but the button to drop pressents isnt present in your town^^
  • wadebear
    3752 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Grumpstown wrote:
    i cant send you gifts, i tried a few times, but the button to drop pressents isnt present in your town^^
    I've got a neighbor with that problem, and I've seen several complaints. I'd suggest a clean re-install:

close game
    force close game
    un-install
    restart device
    re-install.

If that doesn't work contact Customer Support and point them to other complaints.
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited December 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    Grumpstown wrote:
    I've got a neighbor with that problem, and I've seen several complaints. I'd suggest a clean re-install:

close game
    force close game
    un-install
    restart device
    re-install.

If that doesn't work contact Customer Support and point them to other complaints.
    contacted support but either because of the holidays or whatever I could only post to the support forums. Thank you will uninstall.
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited December 2015
    I did what Wadebear suggested and now it is updating. Plus it says "your old device didn't save Your Springfield..." I have not used my old iPad in a week or more because it is broken. My new iPad had that message the first time I used it to play TSTO but not since. Hope all is ok.

Off to click merry festers or whatever they are called
  • mathumster385
    2436 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Tags, I tried to drop presents in your town earlier tonight and like Grumpstown mentioned the button isn't there. I've also noticed that you're my only neighbor that is leaving handshakes in my town. Don't know what's going on, but I'll check your town again next time I get presents.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited December 2015
    Hmm, this is an interesting problem. I am sure that OP waited before starting this post, because she did not want to come off as a winer or complainer. But in retrospect, had she not posted, she may have never known about her issue. I do not have any feeder towns, so I would not have noticed this issue on my own. I am receiving gifts though.

But I also think of the many game players who do not post or read on the forum. Or any forum. They may miss out on an entire part of the event. A similar thing happened last year with Zutroy.
  • UncleMans
    5 posts
    edited December 2015
    One of my games is having a similar issue. By any chance did you have Ned want to decorate his house again on the 24th?
  • kathy699
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have you added as a neighbor and went to dump presents in your town, but the present button is missing. Some others in this thread have said the same. So that must be why you haven't gotten any presents. I'll keep visiting and if you can get EA to fix it, I'll start dropping presents as promised. Sorry I can't help right now though. I tried. Kathy699
  • haggis_balls
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Have same problem, one of my neighbours drops plenty of presents in my town but when I go to reciprocate the drop present button isn't there. Feel bad I can't return the favour! (Mr Spoon you know who you are)
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am physically unable to drop gifts on your town. I don't know why, but the gift icon doesn't even show up. At first I thought you just hadn't reached that part yet, but obviously at this point it must be a terrible glitch.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited December 2015
    UncleMans wrote:
    One of my games is having a similar issue. By any chance did you have Ned want to decorate his house again on the 24th?
    no I didn't
  • guitarman627
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Just visited neighbor and the icon still doesn't show up. I did however notice 7 or 8 presents behind Flander's house. But alas i am still unable to drop. Very strange situation you have and i extend my condolences.
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited December 2015
    Just visited neighbor and the icon still doesn't show up. I did however notice 7 or 8 presents behind Flander's house. But alas i am still unable to drop. Very strange situation you have and i extend my condolences.
    I did the edit, hide houses, thing, and nothing behind Ned's house. I'm stymied at this point. I get no handshakes and I have no crafting. Will contact EA again.
  • lilxicanita
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I wonder if this is what's going on with me too. It is rare when I receive presents. I thought it was because of my name being somewhere in the middle. Yet yesterday and the day before I got a message saying I had presents but I couldn't find them. Idk what happened but the presents brevet showed up (yes I did go through the hiding of buildings without luck). The thing is that today I noticed that the elfcot center has disappeared from my neighborhood too. Can somebody add me to their friends list and check if I can receive it?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!