EA Forums - Banner

Something wrong with the character groups?

It was the way EA set it up, to not use all the characters that are in a group, but rather a select few. I guess it was a way of keeping us all on a similar pace, since some of us premium players would have blown through the upgrades in no time with all our extra characters.
Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph

Replies

• izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes, but previously I had more characters available. I have them all written down so I know which ones I'll need, but suddenly two of the groups are missing two characters each. Having only 3 characters to do a task that requires 5 characters means it will take me twice as long to complete than if I had all 5 characters.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Uninstall and Reinstall didn't fix it. This sucks.
  • intbananas
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    According to the building upgrade info in the walkthrough those are the only 5 characters that have the task for that stage of the Fortress of Lonelitude so there's nothing wrong with your game (at least for this part). It is a little frustrating but it does seem to be how EA have intended it to work - at some points you have to do something 8 times but the task is only available for 6 characters.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It sounds familiar. That's the way they did it.

What they could do for people with premium characters is let them use their entire roster of characters and then just raise the total amount of money those players must accumulate. That way everybody still gets done at around the same time but in the meantime everyone feels like they're operating at maximum efficiency and getting traction toward the target.

You'd see the event currency target goal change from player to player, no longer a fixed number for everyone, but a mathematical function keyed to how many extra premium characters your town had as helping hands.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lisa, Bart, & Milhouse were the only freemium youngsters I had available for this task (the premiums were Uter & Jimbo).
    Insanity Laughs. Under Pressure We’re Cracking.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It sounds familiar. That's the way they did it.

What they could do for people with premium characters is let them use their entire roster of characters and then just raise the total amount of money those players must accumulate. That way everybody still gets done at around the same time but in the meantime everyone feels like they're operating at maximum efficiency and getting traction toward the target.

You'd see the event currency target goal change from player to player, no longer a fixed number for everyone, but a mathematical function keyed to how many extra premium characters your town had as helping hands.

I can't see this going over very well - many people bought their premium characters to make things easier to accumulate. It would almost feel like punishment just because you put real money into the game.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    well that makes it sound bad, sure. But when I say it it sounds good.

with more workers you'd be getting more of the moneys that'd let you buy more things and stuff. it'd just be a similar grind time for all. Which suddenly sounds communist. But it should arouse those with a fairness fetish. Also, I truly don't care. This was a What If.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lisa, Bart, & Milhouse were the only freemium youngsters I had available for this task (the premiums were Uter & Jimbo).
    Okay, thanks, so it's not just me.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!