EA Forums - Banner

How will you see in the New Year?

With my eyes like always

Replies

• 4junk3000
    6067 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I was looking for a cute place for the ball to drop.

I thought about putting it "on top of" the Sit n Rotate, so it could be seen throughout town.

I also thought about putting it "on top of" the generator wheel that Slave Willie turns, so it looks like he's powering it.

For now it's just in the town square because he's busy recycling glass.

Happy new year!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    With my eyes like always

This is how I will see it too.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I won't see New Years this time around - 'cause I'll be asleep...
  • Ros418
    101 posts
    edited December 2015
    Ros418 wrote:
    To see in the New Year in my Springfield, the Terwilligers are performing end to end live shows on stage. Sadly, I don't have Gino or Francesca, but the group of four performers still looks pretty good.

Does anyone know what roles they are all playing? I think I can work out most of them, but I'm not sure if Gino is Romeo or if Cecil is a wizard from Harry Potter.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The wife and I are watching The Walking Dead marathon on AMC. At 23:59, we'll switch over to watch the ball drop. My stopwatch shows the ball in our SFs takes 5 seconds to drop, so at five seconds left in the real countdown, I'll tap the ball in my SF. With any luck, both the real ball and my SF ball will get to the bottom at the same time.

<sigh> pretty sad, I know :(
  • johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2015
    The wife and I are watching The Walking Dead marathon on AMC. At 23:59, we'll switch over to watch the ball drop. My stopwatch shows the ball in our SFs takes 5 seconds to drop, so at five seconds left in the real countdown, I'll tap the ball in my SF. With any luck, both the real ball and my SF ball will get to the bottom at the same time.

Not sad at all. I was debating on what to do and I have several fabulous options. Problem is I'm tired and go out all the time all year long so don't think I have the energy and will probably just sit at home. I had a craving for zombie films, so I was excited to hear you are watching walking dead. Oh and little back story on me, 10 years ago I was a bartender for 10 years, so for 10 years I had to work every NYE's. No it was not the best money making night because we over staffed. The next 8-9 years I went out every new years to make up for lost time, so kinda been there done that from both sides. Yeah TMI. LOL.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm pondering ordering a pizza from Pizza Hut but i cant decide if i want to go through with it or not :D
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Not sad at all.

Heh... My wife thinks it's pretty sad that i want to syncronize the ball dropping in my SF with real life :) We stopped going out for NYE about 20 years ago, but we did do Times Square twice BC.

We pretty much enjoy all things zombie. I was a comic fan first, but we both got into TWD tv show. Looking forward to the next Zombieland movie. World War Z was a pretty fun movie if you forget the fact that it wasn't really at all like the book. The Day by Day Armegeddon trilogy is a pretty good read too. The TWD games by Telltale Games are okay on my Xbox, and I've been playing Valve's Left 4 Dead 2 on my Xbox pretty religiously since it was released in 2009.

The Grady Memorial Hospital/Beth arc just started. Happy New Year!

• johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2015
    i find myself going to the remake of dawn of the dead, the original was filmed here in Pittsburgh. I like Shaun of the dead too but I don't own it and it's hard to find online.

EDIT: good luck with the Beth Hospital thing. I'm all caught up on all episodes.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • littlecat32
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Just won the jackpot with a Scratch-R ticket, and finally collected enough mistletoe to get Festivus CBG. Woohoo!
  • crystal_do450
    232 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just won the jackpot with a Scratch-R ticket, and finally collected enough mistletoe to get Festivus CBG. Woohoo!

My hubs won today too, AND got the 99/1 dog race! What luck!
  • crystal_do450
    232 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Not sad at all.

Heh... My wife thinks it's pretty sad that i want to syncronize the ball dropping in my SF with real life :) We stopped going out for NYE about 20 years ago, but we did do Times Square twice BC.

We pretty much enjoy all things zombie. I was a comic fan first, but we both got into TWD tv show. Looking forward to the next Zombieland movie. World War Z was a pretty fun movie if you forget the fact that it wasn't really at all like the book. The Day by Day Armegeddon trilogy is a pretty good read too. The TWD games by Telltale Games are okay on my Xbox, and I've been playing Valve's Left 4 Dead 2 on my Xbox pretty religiously since it was released in 2009.

The Grady Memorial Hospital/Beth arc just started. Happy New Year!

Lets be friends. HUGE TWD fan here. I took a selfie with Norman Reedus a few years ago! After I took it, I kissed his cheek. Best. Night. Ever.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lets be friends. HUGE TWD fan here. I took a selfie with Norman Reedus a few years ago! After I took it, I kissed his cheek. Best. Night. Ever.

You're not the person who bit him, are you? :) My wife is seriously jealous - Norman is her guy - though she prefers Season 1 & 2 Daryl over later season Daryl. I have a few slots open, send a friend request if you have room and we can be neighboreenos.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    i find myself going to the remake of dawn of the dead, the original was filmed here in Pittsburgh. I like Shaun of the dead too but I don't own it and it's hard to find online.

EDIT: good luck with the Beth Hospital thing. I'm all caught up on all episodes.

Yeah, I've sat through the TWD marathons way too many times. Don't know what it is - looking forward to the FTWD marathon on Saturday as we've only seen the first season three times. I'll be grilling a couple ribeyes for my wife and I - nothing like a couple medium rare steaks while watching xTWD.

I agree with dawn of the dead - gotta love zombies in a mall. That's why I like the first campaign in Left 4 Dead 2 so much. Shaun of the Dead is CLASSIC! I bought it on Amazon Prime for ~$5 a while back and stream it through the Amazon app on either my iPad or Samsung Smart TV, though it's a bit dated and looks better on the smaller iPad than it does on a larger screen.

If I were 20 years younger, I'd do a zombie run...
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'll be grilling a couple ribeyes for my wife and I - nothing like a couple medium rare steaks while watching xTWD.

LOL, great tip.

This lady just got back from visiting family overseas. The sweetest little 2 year old had a cold on the day I left, no way I could say no to cuddles and "germy" kisses.

Didn't make it to midnight... :)
  • Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I made mock lobster salad, drank brandy and watched the Drunk History marathon with my roommate.
  • mrsoctober12
    361 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My 3 year old popped up and got me in the face so bad that I cried; and I don't usually cry. I spent my New Years icing my lower lip. Today it looks like I partied too hard and got into a fight 8).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.