EA Forums - Banner

Event Currency?

Those players probably haven't gotten to the part where you're told to tap bears in a Neighborino's town. I bought the slide factory which stated that it generates event currency, but it just had cash as a payout. Then I completed the short Marge and Maggie tasks, was tasked to tap 10 imaginary bears, and it switched over to pacifiers.

I started the act the minute it started, so it took some scrolling thru my Friends list to find a player who had *suck* *sucks* to complete that part.

Replies

• maggiesmob
    226 posts
    edited January 2016
    lll3lucky wrote:
    In other towns they have the bears and the houses have money symbols. Are the pacifiers coming from both?

I had some neighbours with houses and bears, or just bears. Tested tapping a house, no pacifier, but it will use up your friend action so I'd say go with the bears don't tap houses.
    Edit: tap bears until you get no more pacifiers - then tap houses :)
  • lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I did tap the bears :) Thanks for the tips, because I forgot about people may have not started yet.
  • maggiesmob
    226 posts
    edited January 2016
    Looks like the ones with house and bears are the ones that have started Act III.
  • jaddy1874
    213 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Are we supposed to get event currency from tapping neighbour's bears? Currently every neighbour I've been to has both bears and buildings to tap and they all just pay cash.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I currently have bears in my town but im only seeing that people are tapping money symbols in my town as i can see the handshakes on the houses.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lol. on my secondary feeder town I have a city full of creepy merrymakers still, but tapping them gives both baubles and pacifiers!

I would show a screenshot, but the Amazon fire tablet is new and I havent figured how to take screenshots yet :D
    It runs on Fire OS 5 (kindle version) if anyone knows how, please lt me know :D

Clicking on the attractions board (zoo,etc) does cause it to crash though.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Notes from testing multiple towns at multiple stages:

If the town you visit has NOT started this act, you will only be able to tap bears, which give money AND pacifiers. There will be no floating building-icons (dollar signs, cash registers, etc)

If the town you visit HAS started this act, you will see bears AND floating building-icons. Tapping a building icon does NOT pay pacifiers, but DOES count as one of your friend actions. Tapping a bear gives cash, etc -- and the pacifiers.

Conclusion: if your neighbor is active in this act, be careful when you enter their town. Avoid tapping the buildings. It can take some practice if the bears are in an area of their town where a lot of buildings are located. :?

So, I guess this is when inactive neighbors are handy to have around.
  • patwright4
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Do any characters produce event currency?
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    $$$$$
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    patwright4 wrote:
    Do any characters produce event currency?

Yes. Lucille does and is well worth the donuts.
    Also, my Marge taking Maggie for a walk has pacifiers as a reward so I'm assuming Maggies quests do.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11520 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    maggie, lucille, ling
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • patwright4
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    maggie, lucille, ling

Who, or what, is Ling?

Edit: I read the other thread
  • crystal_do450
    232 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Notes from testing multiple towns at multiple stages:

If the town you visit has NOT started this act, you will only be able to tap bears, which give money AND pacifiers. There will be no floating building-icons (dollar signs, cash registers, etc)

If the town you visit HAS started this act, you will see bears AND floating building-icons. Tapping a building icon does NOT pay pacifiers, but DOES count as one of your friend actions. Tapping a bear gives cash, etc -- and the pacifiers.

Conclusion: if your neighbor is active in this act, be careful when you enter their town. Avoid tapping the buildings. It can take some practice if the bears are in an area of their town where a lot of buildings are located. :?

So, I guess this is when inactive neighbors are handy to have around.

I just made a PSA thread about this.
  • karbis1008244
    7 posts
    edited January 2016
    Does slide factory produce event currency in the future events also or just pacificers on this one?
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Does slide factory produce event currency in the future events also or just pacificers on this one?
    I would expect the slide factory to only provide event currency in this event. It should pay a regular rate of cash after the event ends.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!