EA Forums - Banner

The collection glitch...

I was kinda hoping it was going to be fixed so i wasn't tempted to do it and rush the game again.

Oh well, I'll have to use self control, and others will be happy at least.

Replies

• HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited January 2013
    What classifies this as a glitch anyways?
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    Probably just the disproportionality of earning compared to other payouts in the game.
  • jbmcclanahan
    65 posts
    edited January 2013

The fact that people have reported getting as much as 10,000 to 20,000 per tap in another person's town. I highly doubt EA intended for money to be so easy to obtain. That works out to 3 to 6 million for visiting all 100 towns if you have both the patience and are lucky with not crashing. I've never been quite that zealous about it myself, but others have. It just doesn't seem quite par for the course for a game where they want you to spend real money. It costs 115 donuts for $15,000 game cash, which is just around $9.00 US depending on the size of the donut package you purchase. Who in their right mind would ever do such a thing if they can obtain millions relatively quickly and for free?
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    What is it I've never seen it before?
  • sorry89charlie
    147 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yea how do u do this glitch
  • HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited January 2013

The fact that people have reported getting as much as 10,000 to 20,000 per tap in another person's town. I highly doubt EA intended for money to be so easy to obtain. That works out to 3 to 6 million for visiting all 100 towns if you have both the patience and are lucky with not crashing. I've never been quite that zealous about it myself, but others have. It just doesn't seem quite par for the course for a game where they want you to spend real money. It costs 115 donuts for $15,000 game cash, which is just around $9.00 US depending on the size of the donut package you purchase. Who in their right mind would ever do such a thing if they can obtain millions relatively quickly and for free?

Reporting and proving are different. The most I have been able to get following the guide is a little over $300 by the last four towns.
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited January 2013
    I think the collection glitch will require an app-store update to fix. I suspect it coded that way and so can't be fixed by updating the scripts.
  • jbmcclanahan
    65 posts
    edited January 2013
    Reporting and proving are different. The most I have been able to get following the guide is a little over $300 by the last four towns.

I have gotten up to $2,000 simply by using one certain friend who shall remain nameless to save him from the slew of invites. His extra percentage is somewhere north of 100%. My amount per tap would increase by approximately $25 per visit. I'm sure there are people out there with towns with even higher percents that would have a greater increase.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013

I have gotten up to $2,000 simply by using one certain friend who shall remain nameless to save him from the slew of invites. His extra percentage is somewhere north of 100%. My amount per tap would increase by approximately $25 per visit. I'm sure there are people out there with towns with even higher percents that would have a greater increase.
    I assume you mean $300 per tap? Or $300k per day?

With minimal effort I can start at $500 per tap and be up to $1k per tap by the time I finish visiting my 100 neighbors. I'm also back to vandalizing, which allows 4-5 taps in many towns. So I would guess that visiting neighbors now nets me in the ballpark of $300k per day.

It used to earn less than $10k, so this is quite an increase if it is intentional!
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2013

It depends on your biggest neighbor multiplier. If you have a neighbor with a lot of premium decorations or simply a lot of patience, you really can get up to thousands per tap. I can post a screenshot of my SF bank account from doing this 4 times (but to save myself the trouble - it's 3.4m). Last collection I was getting 5k on the first tap.

But I stopped because (a) it's boring as hell, and (b) having all that money is pointless. The only thing you'd need that much money for is to buy all the land at once, and you can't actually build/decorate even a majority of the land without causing serious instability.

If you could buy donuts with in-game cash I could see them putting a stop to this. But it really has no impact except on an individual's gameplay.
  • 822cowboy
    59 posts
    edited January 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!