EA Forums - Banner

Squidport tile limit

Sorry I can't remember how many tiles it went up to when they increased the limit but the ornate tiles stop at 2 hours till you hit the limit on those.
EDIT : A quick search seems to show that the limit for squidport tiles is 154 including the entrance so that's 151 individual tiles and the 3 that come with the entrance.

Replies

• Muhsterino
    4500 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Wow that's spooky! I was just looking up info on wikia about both types of tiles :shock:
    Original squidport tiles - max number 201, will take 501 days 3 hours minimum without using donuts to complete making all of them.
    Ornate pier pieces - max number 76, they take 2 hours each to make.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • crsroyal
    108 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the replies :)

I'm not sure I'll be making the max number of regular tiles. It does seem like way too many to actually use :)
  • surefirein93
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have yet to find a compelling reason to expand the Squidport beyond what's needed for the task buildings. That's aside from the needed ocean space you also have to buy. Maybe I'm missing something. The info on tile limits is good to know, however. Thanks.

As an aside, I'm becoming a real fan of the Not Really There Bears. Keeps things lively when everyone is on an 8 hour task.
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • toddestan
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have yet to find a compelling reason to expand the Squidport beyond what's needed for the task buildings. That's aside from the needed ocean space you also have to buy. Maybe I'm missing something. The info on tile limits is good to know, however. Thanks.

As an aside, I'm becoming a real fan of the Not Really There Bears. Keeps things lively when everyone is on an 8 hour task.

There's a lot of decorations and a decent number of buildings that can go on the Squidport. Not only do I find it fun to decorate, it also helps free up land in Springfield (though ocean space is starting to get a bit tight now). My advice would be to keep cranking out the tiles even if you don't plan on using them, just because they take so long to build.
  • Solartron
    138 posts
    edited January 2016
    I'm keeping squidport and its tiles at a quest-completion only minimum in case there is more sea water space required by other things in the future, might take a while but it'll come one day. :P
  • Muhsterino
    4500 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Provided I have enough money, I intend to keep making squidport tiles. There are loads of other buildings (apart from task only ones) that can be placed on squidport tiles and once you have been playing a while you may start to run out of space on land.
    Each tile that is made also gives you some XP too to help with levelling. Who knows, maybe they will have more task buildings for squidport and I will be able to place tiles from my inventory straight away.
    From your quote, it seems as though you haven't bought all the land yet...there are plenty of other blocks of land that cost far more than the ocean plots!
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Ros418
    101 posts
    edited January 2016
    You used to get bonus XP if friends tapped on a tile that had been built in the squidport entrance but not collected. I used to ask friends to tap on my tile in the squid port entrance once every day and I only harvested the tile once it had a chain of friends' taps trailing from it. Shame that that was stopped. It was at least 100 or 200 XP per friend's tap - I've forgotten the actual amount. It was a long time ago!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!