EA Forums - Banner

Krustyland question!

From memory I think only the initial krustyburger & gift shops produce tickets, the multiples after that just add towards your star rating. My personal tip for this one is don't bother buying up all the land. I did this in my main town believing that you needed all land to 'complete' & start collecting towards tickets to exchange & wasted a lot of tickets but in my 2nd town I only bought what I needed to fit all the attractions, I think it was 9 sections for a Tetris style but you would need more if you want to design too.

Replies

• theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have completed my KL, only because I couldn't leave it unfinished. As far as I'm concerned It has paid for itself. I bought a whole strip of land in SF by converting tickets to cash. I collect twice a day and it soon adds up.

As to if you buy all the land in KL is up to you. I don't know if they will give us more rides or land in the future.
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Krustyland is forgotten in TSTO, what you decide to do is not going to change the game.

* Get bored, go to Krustyland, collect and (not a wish) dream you get a donut
    * Events sometimes place items here
    * Non events, leaving people, don't clean up their Dusty Town, so easy grab on taps.

Always hang onto people you might think have left, some will come back, even after months.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    anna22478 wrote:
    The initial krustyburger & gift shops produce tickets, the multiples after that just add towards your star rating. My personal tip for this one is don't bother buying up all the land.
    As far as I'm concerned It has paid for itself. I bought a whole strip of land in SF by converting tickets to cash. I collect twice a day and it soon adds up.

These. ^^ :D
    Insanity Laughs. Under Pressure We’re Cracking.
  • 4junk3000
    5314 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It should be fun to build a little Simpson themed amusement park. Have fun with it.

Just don't expect too much. There is very little support for the segment. i suspect because so many people bash it undeservedly. For a while, people griped it took oh so long to wait for the database to load..."Seconds! They're each a tiny eternity!!" Waahh...

It's been a while since they released a KL specific feature, but occasionally items from events are given freedom to be placed in KL too. So if you're creative, you can make new unique sections for your KL, and that's where the real challenge comes in to play.

What can you make that wasn't provided by the developers? What can you create that's unique and fun?

But for daily routine, just check in 1-2x daily to collect tickets and pop balloons, then dash back out. It's just a little extra thing that adds up over time.

Eventually the booth gives five donuts, and eventually you accumulate enough tix to redeem for $100k. That's worth a daily visit.

And, visiting KL resolves many sync errors, which is pretty valuable in itself.

Visit my KL for an idea of a pretty compact design that's still a pretty complex little park. It's in the "sticky" section of the Showcase.

Then seek other KL posts to see some fantastic designs exploring the "forced 3-D" technique to build different levels of elevation.

I consider KL an advanced level segment, where you have to be creative and self motivated to take full advantage. But building mine was one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

Happy tapping!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    [wmv]Thanks for the responses :) Ahh I see... I thought that all the krusty burgers and giftshops would pay out tickets!

But... as someone who has been a daily player for as long as I have... what arethe odds really to get donuts from popping balloons? It hasn't happened to me yet!

• TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:
    But... as someone who has been a daily player for as long as I have... what are the odds really to get donuts from popping balloons? It hasn't happened to me yet!

Iirc, players win 5 Donuts after every 100 visits to Sideshow You.
  • skollthewolf
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I must confess that I rarely go to my Krustyland anymore, but I am proud of what I did to it. I'd also like some more rides and quests to be added there in the future.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:
    But... as someone who has been a daily player for as long as I have... what arethe odds really to get donuts from popping balloons? It hasn't happened to me yet!

If I visit regularly, I get the donuts every few months. There is nothing that pops up as it does when winning the donuts in a mystery box. They don't fall on the ground as when visiting neighbors. The donuts only show in the little balloon game. If you aren't paying attention when you tap the balloons, it is easy to miss.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:
    Is Krustyland "done" once you complete all the quest lines?

Yes & no.
    Once you've built everything & done all the quests, no, there's no reason to go back.
    However, Level 43 (Princess Penelope) is KL-focused, so if you haven't passed that yet, you'll need to return to KL for quite a chunk of her questline.

Also, as others mentioned, only the first building of each type pays out tickets - multiples help with the Krust-O-Meter but don't pay out anything.
    "Sideshow You" pays out 5 donuts per 100 plays, so every 50 days if you visit KL twice a day.

Just keep earning tickets gradually - I get the equivalent of about $8k-$10k per day, just from visiting to collect tickets.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    maxeerg wrote:
    If I visit regularly, I get the donuts every few months. There is nothing that pops up as it does when winning the donuts in a mystery box. They don't fall on the ground as when visiting neighbors. The donuts only show in the little balloon game. If you aren't paying attention when you tap the balloons, it is easy to miss.

This. ^ :thumbup:
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ahh then I must definitely have missed out on donuts! I expected a popup. What am I looking for, to know when and how to get them?
  • wadebear
    3943 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:
    But... as someone who has been a daily player for as long as I have... what are the odds really to get donuts from popping balloons? It hasn't happened to me yet!

Iirc, players win 5 Donuts after every 100 visits to Sideshow You.
    It's actually every 120 rounds of Sideshow You - or 360 balloons popped. I keep track. Visiting 3 times every day I get 5 donuts every 40 days or so (I miss doing it sometimes).
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:
    Ahh then I must definitely have missed out on donuts! I expected a popup. What am I looking for, to know when and how to get them?

A donut will show behind a balloon and the dialog box at the bottom should tell you.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I loved designing my KL. just enjoy it as something else to do.
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    cdepast wrote:
    I loved designing my KL. just enjoy it as something else to do.

This. Yours always looks good Chris.

The first thing I do when I get a new neighbour is always to check out their KL first :D
  • johncolombo
    11384 posts Senior Moderator
    edited January 2016
    I havn't got to ROSA yet but read the questline in the walkthrough. I'll leave this spoiler free but even the game takes a jab at KL.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Muhsterino
    4498 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    gozerfreak wrote:

Here is a screen showing donuts from sideshow you from this morning:

PWUVEy5l.jpg

Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • TolerancEJ
    94 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have never won a donut from popping the balloons in KrustyLand.

It irks me a bit that one amusement park attraction is missing. KrustyLand should have a bumper car attraction. While cleaning up KL debris, it includes broken bumper cars. Oddly, in Springfield you can purchase loose bumper cars but they cannot be placed in KrustyLand. Otherwise, I would have designed my own bumper car attraction.
  • 4junk3000
    5314 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    TolerancEJ wrote:
    I have never won a donut from popping the balloons in KrustyLand.

It irks me a bit that one amusement park attraction is missing. KrustyLand should have a bumper car attraction. While cleaning up KL debris, it includes broken bumper cars. Oddly, in Springfield you can purchase loose bumper cars but they cannot be placed in KrustyLand. Otherwise, I would have designed my own bumper car attraction.
    Some of us HAVE designed our own bumper car ride, using the debris vehicles. I even made a giant, "mini Indy" race course with them.

Try using your imagination to design things that someone doesn't provide for you.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!