EA Forums - Banner

Rivers, ponds, and boats etc...

Man I've been wanting that ever since the squidport update!! :(

They need to make small docks for the river.

Allow the river to connect to the sea. I mean come on! That should've been a thing from the start! :evil:

They need to make boats and yachts placeable in rivers.

And maybe change up the river edges so they don't look like squares. Give them some veriabiltiy so they look more rounded and natural. Not that hard of a thing to do, and will add a lot to the aesthetics of the game.

Replies

• katcheson8934
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes to all of this.
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited January 2016
    I'd also like to see them give the sea a depth of another couple of squares since the private island looks stupid near the beach! 8)
  • shadoof07
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Samesies. The last friend prize, the island (mulberry? i forget what its called). It looks dumb in the ocean as just another island just the same as the ones we got for xmas last year, but it would look awesome in the middle of a small pond in my city park set-up... especially considering its supposed to be a romantic spot or whatever
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Well what about us crazy people who want a river of lava. I mean an evil lair wouldn't be complete without one.

As Alfred said:: because --- some ppl just wanna see the world burn.

I just wanna make sure people stay out of my evil lair.

tumblr_no1v2qq5pp1uqa8bho1_400.gif
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    shadoof07 wrote:
    Samesies. The last friend prize, the island (mulberry? i forget what its called). It looks dumb in the ocean as just another island just the same as the ones we got for xmas last year, but it would look awesome in the middle of a small pond in my city park set-up... especially considering its supposed to be a romantic spot or whatever
    I agree! I was so disappointed that I couldn't place it in a river. I hate that it's locked down to just the sea.
    "The 🎃🎃🎃🎃 of the future will be the anti-🎃🎃🎃🎃."
  • bluntcard
    3725 posts Member
    edited January 2016

ME TOO, EA! I want this.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • vibra5
    337 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    right boats in the rivers and the cars in the streets!
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah this would be a good change. I currently don't have any river on my town due to the fact I hate the edge, so a change up would be nice so I can incorporate that!
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    And maybe change up the river edges so they don't look like squares. Give them some veriabiltiy so they look more rounded and natural. Not that hard of a thing to do, and will add a lot to the aesthetics of the game.

I HATE the "endings" of those rivers we try to make. There's no reason not to have an "end segment" that we can place that doesn't have that crummy ... whatever that is supposed to be ...

BTW, I'd like them to add natural 'scenic' edges around the entire screen, as they do in KrustyLand. Maybe a virtual "ocean" out beyond the water we own. Maybe a forest along the top, and a canyon over on the side opposite the mountain range. Or whatever. They already have the mountain range along one edge -- why not do something to the other edges as well?

And in both SF and KL, I'd like the unpurchased land to have a texture to it. Blend it into the purchased land better. Same color as the other land would be just fine. How hard would that be to figure out that there's new land? If I try to move items there and cannot, I'll know I don't own it. I'll figure it out. I'll go into "move" mode and see prices. (If I've bought up all my land and notice a new empty area along the edge, I'll instantly know that there's new land available there for me to buy. A big improvement over what we have now, IMHO.) When they add another strip of land, just slide the mountains/ocean/etc. out of the way.
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    vibra5 wrote:
    right boats in the rivers and the cars in the streets!

That's crazy talk.

ANARCHY!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!