EA Forums - Banner

Best way to progress Heights?

Prev13
I don't know if there is a "best way" to do it. I just kept collecting what I needed to "buy" the buildings and then build them. Then I would collect enough to upgrade each building to level 2, then build up to level 3, etc...that is what I did.

I have upgraded all building and have almost 1.3 billion just waiting for the next batch. Which I hope is not for a while cause i hate grinding for stuff.

Replies

• KoolAidRen
    2 posts
    edited January 2016
    I've read through several pages of posts, but haven't hit on the answer.
    Is there a definitive 'best' way to progress Heights the fastest?
    Has that been determined? I only have 2 of each building so I don't have a lot of experience with it.
    Thanks in advance

Best way: Don't bother. It takes forever and isn't worth it.

Second-best way: Buy 10 of everything and upgrade them to Level 3. There's a huge increase in the amount of resources needed to upgrade from L3 to L4 to L5, so at that point, figure out where your best bets are, because you won't need to upgrade everything to L5 to get to $1B.
  • Newcastlenia
    796 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Grind. Total and utter grind! I see it as a long-term project but determined to get these last 11 buildings built and upgraded ASAP. I despise having unfinished business :D
  • battlefieldID194
    154 posts
    edited January 2016
    KoolAidRen wrote:
    Has that been determined? I only have 2 of each building so I don't have a lot of experience with it.
    Thanks in advance

Second-best way: Buy 10 of everything and upgrade them to Level 3. There's a huge increase in the amount of resources needed to upgrade from L3 to L4 to L5, so at that point, figure out where your best bets are, because you won't need to upgrade everything to L5 to get to $1B.
    Thanks, guys. This seems good, only the rewards for those first levels are so small.

Sounds like there's no way to cheat the grind. Well, I'm only at about $250 mill so I'll just take my time ..
  • Snakeyees
    2345 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    KoolAidRen wrote:
    Thanks in advance

You know I used to have the same feeling and then I did it and I'm glad it's done and now I'm actually having fun designing it because it's not such a chore I'm going to tell you the best way is going to be upgrading modern mansions, then I would go with business centres, car parks, and that resort looking building that they just added with the update too and don't forget about doing the mountain retreat
  • surefirein93
    309 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    As with most things in this game, you have to figure out the optimum disposition for the people who are the most valuable workers in the Heights. I started in Sept 2015 and built a billion plus Heights real estate in just over 3 months. Others have said to upgrade as quickly as you can afford and to my knowledge that's the only way to break the billion barrier. I suppose it would help to have the premium characters on all of those Heights jobs but I didn't do that. In fact, I didn't use ALL of the people available on ALL of the manufacturing slots--just most of them--particularly those making coffee. The problem with Heights jobs is that you must be there constantly tapping to keep the ball rolling because the jobs turn over so quickly. Also, don't waste resources on cute things that don't increase your real estate value (REV) all that much. Gold walls, for example, raise your REV quickly and don't cost a lot. Other things are quite expensive given how little they raise the REV. When you get a building fully upgraded, store it and use the land for something else. You still get the REV for stored items. That way you don't have to spend a ton of money on new plots to put all the new buildings in place. You'll get there, eventually but don't expect a huge benefit from reaching a billion. Sadly, it just isn't there, yet.

xXVxtdl.jpg?1
    Yes, I'm a real author.....try this link and you can read the first 3 chapters of my newest Amazon Vella sci-fi adventure for FREE: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/story/B09Z8HKLXW
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Download full seasons of...anything. You're going to need a distraction while you're doing it. Seriously, if you're not listening to something enjoyable or funny in the background, working on the heights is slightly less fun than repeatedly banging your head against a wall.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Set one day for resource gathering, and use the resources the next day. It only takes about 8 hours to max out all the resources. With that pace it should take a couple of months to max everything out. That's what I started doing and it seems to be working.

SH is meant to be a grind though. It was meant to shut the "there's nothing to do between events" people up. However big spender reached a billion within the first month so I guess it was targeted for regular speders and freebies.

That with the monorail definitely leaves a ton to do in town so be happy with it. It beats being bored. :lol:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Take your time. If you want to "finish" it, then don't let it become a chore. The best part about SH is that is there is no time limit. So when you have a bit of time on your hands and, as others as said, something good to watch on the TV, then do a bit of grinding. Buy as many of the buildings as you are able and upgrade them as and when you have the resources and, as I'm sure you will, keep an eye on how much currency the upgrades are giving you as I think the new buildings released as part of SH II don't give a great payout.

I've got two towns and have reached well over a billion in one of them and quite enjoyed it. In my other town I'm at $250k and will probably be staying at that level for the foreseeable :D No rush.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I would do it during the downtime. Also, I upgraded the mansions first to reach the billionaires club, although the reason for that strategy is now gone. You might want to upgrade the condos, garages, and business centers first because you can change the skin only when they are at level 5.

I would also get Disco Stu and Jasper. They are pretty good characters to have anyway. They have been choosing premium characters that are easy to get or ones that most people want to help with the Heights.
  • Annathewicked
    4732 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just Do it!

PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • ItsSteveM
    26 posts
    edited January 2016
    I decided to develop it secondary to all other events since there is no time limit on Heights.

When I am working on Heights, I figure out how many characters I need dedicated to each resource to make them grow in the proportions I need for the upgrades I need next. Lately that means one character on the gold statues, one (premium) character at the marketing agency, three at the pharmacy, etc.

I also placed the Furniture Shop near the Springfield Dump so when Homer bounces between those two 30 second tasks he doesn't lose another 30 seconds walking across my Springfield.

Lastly, I keep the Heights grinding buildings open on my device sitting on my desk so I can kick it along every 15 minutes or so while I do something that is actually productive.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Tap....tap like you've never tapped before!!!
  • lucyamos1
    2 posts
    edited January 2016
    I have stored EVERYTHING apart from the buildings to grind, and the buildings I need to upgrade to get rid of the tasks in the task bar. I have put the furniture store, coffee shop, IoT, Gym, Pharmacy and Theater in a line (in that order) to make grinding easier.

Also... prepare to spend ALOT of time on producing gym mats - you need hundreds!!
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Take your time.

I've still not got the third prize, i just do abit here and there. I love the fact there's no time limit on this, it would really leave a sour taste if there was. I've slowly progressed with the smither's tasks during the winter event so i finally have that building, but as for the 500 spot, slowly slowly does it! i'll get there eventually!
  • skollthewolf
    535 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Grind until you get Paris Texan, and then do whatever you want with the new land.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I just passed 1billion a couple of days ago. There is no shortcut.
  • Slinky42
    113 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It's a grind. My way to keep my sanity is I pick one building, and get that one to level 5, but the next of the same, repeat until all 10 are owned and stored away. Start the next batch. Anyone not needed on Monorail duty is grinding supplies. During non event time I was upgrading pretty quickly. Ill hit $1billion eventually.
  • Solartron
    138 posts
    edited January 2016
    Well I'm well over 700,000,000 now... This grind is worse than Winterspring Frostsaber in 2005 for World of Warcraft.
  • Newcastlenia
    796 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Eat, sleep and breathe yoga mats. It's ridiculous how many you need in total!
  • Solartron
    138 posts
    edited January 2016
    An idea would be for more characters to be able to do Yoga mats... or reduce the bottleneck somehow.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.