EA Forums - Banner

Find Maggie Time Issue

Prev13
I get 1:18 - think its maybe to do with size of town but not seen anything confirmed

Replies

• jarya93
    331 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I get 1:18 - think its maybe to do with size of town but not seen anything confirmed

That is strange, I did not think about the size of the town, his town is significantly smaller even though we are both on level 59.
  • Newcastlenia
    796 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've bought all available land and get 2 minutes. From other posts I've seen there definitely seems to be a link between how much land you own and how much time you're given.

Edit: Would like to add I'm level 59 and have a vast house farm. 5 goes so far and Maggie has always been somewhere within the farm.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    it's the size of the town that determinates it. how much land you've etc.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    weird. i have all the land except for the last expensive strip in springfield heights and i only get 1:18. you think it would go up as the town got larger
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I only get 1:15 and I have all of the land.
  • 74hands
    450 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm at Lvl 59 and have all the land and water that needs paying for with currency (a few plots in the Heights not bought) but certainly not getting 2 minutes (I think I'm getting 1:38 but can't check for another 11 hours).

However, a good deal of the land bought most recently is still empty. Therefore, I'm assuming Maggie time is a factor of amount of land owned coupled with density of items on said land, i.e. you get more time if you have more area to scan and more buildings to search to find Maggie.
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    74hands wrote:
    I'm at Lvl 59 and have all the land and water that needs paying for with currency (a few plots in the Heights not bought) but certainly not getting 2 minutes (I think I'm getting 1:38 but can't check for another 11 hours).

However, a good deal of the land bought most recently is still empty. Therefore, I'm assuming Maggie time is a factor of amount of land owned coupled with density of items on said land, i.e. you get more time if you have more area to scan and more buildings to search to find Maggie.

That would make sense for me. I started remodeling and I have lots of land that is empty.
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ive got nowhere near all the land and only get 1:18.!
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have all the Springfield land on my 2 towns. One has a time of 1:14, the other 1:28. My husband has all the land too, but he gets a time of 2 minutes. I think its possibly based on how many relevant buildings you have.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think it's also number of buildings. I don't have many duplicates of houses; maybe 4 brown houses, 3 blue, 2 purple, 1 pink etc.
    Have almost all land except for a few squares in the last strip.

Only get 1:12 myself, but I have a small area to search.
  • itzipg
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I get 1:11 I think (will check again when the timer's up), I'm on level 59 but I don't own all the land (the squares I can buy right now go from 42k to 62k).
    And I have all the relevant buildings except for Springfield Wax Museum. Maybe it also count multiple items? I don't have house farms, only 3 brown houses, 2 lard lads and 2 krusty burgers.
    How many repeated items do those of you with 2-minutes timers have?

Someone in another thread suggested that maybe it has to do with the play-dough factory being far away from relevant buildings, I'll try to move mine to see if the timer changes too.
  • devilhunt1449
    3737 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Think there is definitely some issues with the time given as I'm level 59, have all the land in Springfield and the Heights also got all the buildings too, but only get 1:15 definitely not 2 minutes but something newly added to the game with a few bugs in it comes as no surprise.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    1:14 - all the land and water in Springfield proper, all but one strip in SH. And I have all of the buildings needed.
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I get 1:25. Still missing a couple strips of land. I read a theory in one thread that it might also depend on the number of buildings you have that can be used as hiding places. Seems as good a guess as any. That, or EA is just messing with us and it's just a random number assignment! :twisted:
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    its not random it's a equation but yeah seems like number of buildings is also there
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • surefirein93
    279 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Okay, I am one of those players who believes in multiple house farms - several 8 packs of brown houses, six packs of the others. So far, I've found Maggie 5 times out of 5 with time left over. I believe my timer is 1:30. Every Maggie hide out has been a house - either in one of the brown house neighborhoods or the others. I am a level 59+ with most real estate in hand but few premium buildings (if that matters). I make sure before going after Maggie that every character is on a job and that every tax dollar is collected so that the sound isn't cluttered up with extraneous noises. Turn the sound way up and look around your houses--especially the house farms if you have them. That has worked very well for me.

My better half, who has been playing this game for almost 2 years, owns virtually every structure that can be had but does NOT have many houses and all of those are widely separated. She has only found Maggie 2 times out of 6 tries (one was at the church and one was at the Simpson house) and is so ticked, she's given up. I tried to get her to group some brown houses but she said, "I won't change my town just for this stupid task!" So be it.

That's my two dollars worth. Good luck finding that little twerp Maggie, whatever you decide.

xXVxtdl.jpg?1

Yes, I'm a real author.....try this link and you can read the first 3 chapters of my newest Amazon Vella sci-fi adventure for FREE: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/story/B09Z8HKLXW
  • devilhunt1449
    3737 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Guess it's one of those crazily complex equations that they seem to like as like I said earlier I've all the land and sea, all the building with multiples of some of them, the buildings are spread all over the whole of my Springfield but get 1:15 to find her, it would be nice to have the extra time but I'll take what they give and try my best to find her.
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have all land and water and only get 1:38-
    hmmmmmmmm
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    hmmmmmmmm

Same here.

And I thought size didn't matter after all. :-o
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    hmmmmmmmm

Same here.

And I thought size didn't matter after all. :-o

I guess it's more important how much time it takes?! :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.