EA Forums - Banner

At what value is Gerald worth buying?

If you turn off automatic updates you can probably gain a day or two more tapping in the event so that might be enough to finish it without donuts but don't keep it up for to long as once the forced update comes out you won't be able to play without updating.

Replies

• deirdre2361
    144 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I really like Gerald, so IMHO he is worth a lot. I'd pay 160 donuts easily. He is surely worth more than the performers on Squidport! I guess you could find the thread that lists what tasks various characters have, and decide if he interests you.
  • cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm a freemium player and wouldn't waste donuts on a stand alone character. Yes he's cute but we have so many characters I wouldn't miss him if I didn't have him.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I wouldn't give anything for him I've got way too many characters that i dont really care about and if I didn't get him free he really just isn't worth it.
  • anaquarind
    1494 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    As a fellow freemium, I think I would price him at about 40 or so. At 60 donuts, I'd rather have a Hans Moleman.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hold out as long as possible, with in last hour if **** before letting go of any donuts. There is no guarantee the event will go beyond 8am GMT so if your short wait until 7am. 8) Good luck :wink:
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You can hold out for a couple of days, but 1500 should be easy to get in less than 1. Just don't wait to long to tap pacifiers. They will spawn perpetually until your town is full.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd say he's worth 40 donuts. Like they said, turn off your automatic updates and try as long as you can
  • ParkMan73
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    As a fellow Fremium player, I wouldn't spend donuts on him. He's already just another character in my town.

Like others said, I'd avoid auto-updating and then see if I can get him. If not, I wouldn't lose any sleep.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd pay upwards of 100 donuts for him if I didnt already have him.
  • Grumpstown
    1361 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    id pay 30 max^^
  • Annathewicked
    4721 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I like him. Seems like a 60-90D character to me....... But ones released during events originally can be pricy when the donut cost comes out - ie Barney. Santas Little Helper.....
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    wouldn't spend doughnuts on Gerald, he's a neat character but at 60 you are about halfway to getting a character with a building. Save up and use for something/someone you really want
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It all comes down to what he is worth to you. How much do you want him? None of us can really put a price on your desire (or not) to have Gerald in your game.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Keep tpping bears, go to your friends and get as many pacifiers as you can....That will bring the donut price down.
    Personally i would pay about 40 donuts for him..he's cute and has a questine but probably no more. As a freemium player i usually spend donuts on characters with buildings.
    Then again, if he is released in the future he will probably be more than 60 donuts
    You can always make donuts up with the Maggie game and railyard (if you have it)
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It looks like Gerald would cost me 300 donuts to purchase before the event ends. Does anyone think that is actually worth it?

I am about 1000 pacifiers away from Wall E Weasals now and expect to complete it. It would cost me 30 donuts to buy Wall E Weasals now. And then I guess it was 10,000 pacifiers for Gerald, so 300 donut cost?

I'll probably pass and hope he's released for a smaller cost later. But you never know.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd get it for 60 donuts. He's a pretty decent character and a nemesis of Maggie so that's fun. Also he's a limited time character so I'm sure he'll be sold for way more then just 60 donuts during a rerelease so I'd get him.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    LOL, I just finished the 3rd prize, Wall E. Weasel's, so my pacifier count is at 17,804/27400 for Gerald. I can buy him now for 400 donuts. Not a chance.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    bradyc79 wrote:
    LOL, I just finished the 3rd prize, Wall E. Weasel's, so my pacifier count is at 17,804/27400 for Gerald. I can buy him now for 400 donuts. Not a chance.

Good grief! For 400 donuts, I'd expect to get a character, a building, and at least 150 donuts back. :(
  • Extremerobin
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Well, since I started the thread I thought for those that care - I'm sure not many! - I got within a few hundred pacifiers and was able to buy Gerald for only 10 donuts.

Since historically I had found a forced update on occurring 1pm my time on Tuesdays, I decided to take no chances and spent 10 donuts by 12:45. 10 donuts seemed like good value. I'd scooped up 2 donuts on friend visits in the last 2 days, will have 5 from the railyard by tomorrow or Wednesday, so out-of-pocket, this cost me 3 donuts from where I was yesterday when I started this thread.

The forced update might be a few days but I don't regret the spend. I appreciate everyone's input!

-t
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.