EA Forums - Banner

Real money...?

Prev1
I have spent more real money on this game than any other game in history it's highly addictive but once you cross the dark side there's no going back if you want to take a look at my town send me an invite

Replies

• stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You'll find responses all over the map.

Some people never spend a penny on the game.
    Some people occasionally spend some money on it.
    Some people constantly pump money into it.

And "some money" is all relative. Some people spend $20 on it once a year and feel like their splurging. Some people spend $20 a week on the game and feel like they're not spending all that much.
  • surefirein93
    271 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Not spending real world cash to buy things in this game is something you will get over after a few weeks of toiling to make enough to buy some of the more exciting buildings/characters. You don't have to go overboard but you'll find that some items are just too tempting to avoid. There's no time limit here so move at your own speed. Build houses to get game cash (they're cheap) and save your donuts. Sooner or later you will have enough to make the plunge for a premium item. That's when the fun starts. And don't buy a bunch of empty real estate. Build on the lots you have and expand gradually. Or, buy a $100 worth of donuts and go wild. Your choice. Just have fun with it.

xXVxtdl.jpg?1
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • Annathewicked
    4721 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I play as much as I can $$ free- but I have fallen into temptation - my advice - save for the sales on donuts, you'll at least feel a little better you spent Less on that boatload......

But I do love my bought things - so I'm good with it
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Player_gghpflri
    44 posts
    edited January 2016
    BXtGMiH.gif
  • RMVancleav710
    3540 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've bought a boatload of donuts for my husband while for myself I'll maybe spend 10 dollars a year on it, sometimes 20..for me it depends on what item it is...
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes I spend real money. And if you enjoy this game you should too.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    First, WELCOME to the forum! :)

Second, would it bother you to spend money to see a movie? The way I look at it, if I spend money on this game, it's kind of like that, but much better.

Once I leave a theater, I don't get to look at the movie anymore. Whereas in this game, I bought Otto and his bus and -- two years later -- I still get to look at him every time I visit my town, move his bus wherever I want and watch him play his guitar or sleep on top of his bus depending on my mood. ;)

But I realize I am fortunate enough to be able to spend the money in the first place.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This subject has been discussed countless times now.

But yup, I'm premium player, spent nearly US$2,000 on this damn game since 2012... Well, consider it as monthly subscription paid to EA, so that the game can continue to stay free for others to enjoy. :mrgreen:
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    lee67628 wrote:
    This subject has been discussed countless times now.

But yup, I'm premium player, spent nearly US$2,000 on this damn game since 2012... Well, consider it as monthly subscription paid to EA, so that the game can continue to stay free for others to enjoy. :mrgreen:

Well, that's been over 1,000 days, so for entertainment at the rate of $2 per day, you're getting your money's worth, IMO.
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I too started as a freemium player. Was doing pretty good too. Then the Stonecutters event hit and now I've spent more than I care to remember.

My tip: disassociate this game from the show. Stonecutters was (is) one of my favorite episodes and NEEDED all the characters & skins. Now I'm hooked.
  • Player_gghpflri
    44 posts
    edited January 2016
    BXtGMiH.gif

To the mod who removed these please do not be biased as these gifs are being used in OT many times over without deletion yet somehow I'm singled out - interesting. I have contacted EA and issued a query. Thank you.
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I started freemium, stayed that way a long while. At first I crammed all my buildings into as small a space as possible, then gradually got more land, started designing streets etc.....it was something to do in those rare moments when I could relax.

After a while I decided that buying 300 donuts was reasonable for the entertainment the game provided. Now I buy 300 donuts every few months. While the game stays entertaining and there are cool items i want in my town, I'll likely continue like this. It works for me.

Find what works and is comfortable for you!
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm on my 3rd boatload of donuts. I buy them once a year.

Its a lot better than buying a console and a lot of games...that gets expensive fast and they end too soon.
  • [Deleted User]
    2200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • denisewalks
    178 posts
    edited January 2016
    I'll spend maybe $20 a year but if I had that much money to burn I could easily buy all the pretties.
  • kahim41659
    250 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    bought Boatload of Donuts...TWICE :? :?
  • tbolin1123477
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I started as fremium also, but that didn't last long. I'll be honest, I use to laugh at a friend of mine who would spend mone on a farming game. I understand it now. It's entertainment so $20 here and there is ok in my mind. I don't buy everything they are selling but if I like it I'm getting it. I've played every day for a little over a year and love that I can be creative with my town and look forward to seeing what's next.

• Player_gghpflri
    44 posts
    edited January 2016
    Premium players keep the game going for the freemium ones. Personally, I don't believe freemium players have a right to complain given they don't have money invested in keeping this title active.

giphy.gif
  • Player_gghpflri
    44 posts
    edited January 2016
    giphy.gif

Premium players keep the title active for non-premium players. Where is the 'thank you' thread?
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited January 2016

To the mod who removed these please do not be biased as these gifs are being used in OT many times over without deletion yet somehow I'm singled out - interesting. I have contacted EA and issued a query. Thank you.

Did you say "Issued a query" ? I gotta go get me a better class of friends. I've been to every state in the continental United States and all the people I've met here in America just "file complaints." What state are you in?

I would love to chat, but i need to go queue up at the cinema.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.