Giving up TSTO

2Next

Replies

• rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    rwvolture wrote:
    All these "I'm quitting" posts are like Moes yearly suicide attempts

Haha one of the best posts I've ever seen.

Thank you
  • icacic0901
    272 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Goodbye, sorry to see you go. But I know what you mean, sometimes it's just too much. But I don't have the strength to quit.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Asuka2222 wrote:
    Linkwick wrote:
    You DO realise that the Xmas update required re-downloading ALL THE GRAPHICS with snow on them?
    Similarly, the takedown re-downloaded ALL the original non-snow graphics AGAIN?

Adding snow to everything isn't just a couple of lines of code.

Unless there's graphical tweaks to everything again, updates should be 1/10th (or less) of the size each time.

Snow has happened for years in the game, it's called reusing coded functions, rather than reinventing the wheel each year.
    Yes, they re-use the graphics each year. But they don't keep duplicates in the game files all year round - they swap snow-covered ones in for the normal ones at the start of the event, and vice-versa at the end. That 200MB would mostly be the graphics changes.

Why do you think those other sites can only see "snow covered" pics for items during the event, and not normal pics? 'Cos they don't get added (for new Xmas content) or readded until the takedown update.
    There's only one graphic for the Simpsons House (and per skin) in the files - it's swapped for the snow one at Xmas, and replaced with the normal one at takedown. And that goes for every... single... object... in the game.

If EA kept it all in all year round, the game's size would 150% or more.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    m3RJN9a.jpg

• Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Sorry you have had that kind of adventure....
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited January 2016
    rwvolture wrote:
    baxbooch wrote:
    Grumpstown wrote:
    baxbooch wrote:
    Oh I get it. You're trying to be the new Josh. He was much funnier though.
    whos josh? i only know jim and hes... well

I think it was JoshSheerer. Used to post all the time a couple years ago. Over the top complainer. Had South Park Mel Gibson as his avatar. I started a thread asking about him but no replies yet.

EA mentioned him in the game before Halloween 2013 but they mimicked his name as joshjeerer

And my thread was promptly locked. Not sure why that happened. Is there a rule against discussing banned members? I'd love to know how/why that happened.
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SMFH.
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited January 2016
    Bye Felicia
  • aWaste0fTime
    19 posts
    edited January 2016
    The SandwedgeKing abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.
  • johncolombo
    11383 posts Senior Moderator
    edited January 2016
    I think this thread has made it's point. Locking.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!