EA Forums - Banner

Making a murderer

Prev1
I just finished it last week. I went through a range of emotions throughout most of them disgust towards the judicial system and pity for this man and his family. Although the entirety of the documentary is biased towards this mans innocence i will say they did a very good job of telling this story and bringing light to the many harsh injustices the less fortunate in life receive. It's a shame that it costs so much money for people to get away with murder while innocent people have to trust in court appointed lawyers to battle for them.

Replies

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I just finished it last week. I went through a range of emotions throughout most of them disgust towards the judicial system and pity for this man and his family. Although the entirety of the documentary is biased towards this mans innocence i will say they did a very good job of telling this story and bringing light to the many harsh injustices the less fortunate in life receive. It's a shame that it costs so much money for people to get away with murder while innocent people have to trust in court appointed lawyers to battle for them.

It's funny cos you kind of know stuff like this happens, but I had no idea that it happened to this extent! :shock:
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Binge watched it and loved it!

Like to hear your thoughts when you've finished it Juliet ;)
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    henpot7514 wrote:
    Binge watched it and loved it!

Like to hear your thoughts when you've finished it Juliet ;)

Will do! :D
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I watched, well listened to 5-6 episodes while my wife watched it, and being the skeptic that I am still think he's guilty. But from what I heard there may have been "reasonable doubt" which should have been enough to not convict him.

Also, there are several things in that trial that didn't make it to the documentary. But the documentary wasn't made to prove his innocence, it was made to bring to light that the justice system is not perfect. Who didn't know that already?
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Finished watching this last night, this programme made me so angry. I don't know how anyone could have found him guilty, but then I guess some people don't want to believe their cops and legal system are that corrupt.

I love the way that pretty much everyone working for the police, state etc who seemed "in" on it would smirk ALL the time. Even her brother was constantly smiling, what the hell was with that? There's something well dodgy about him.

Anyway if you haven't watched this do - it's really interesting, but be prepared to get mad.
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Might watch it, but you sort of need to sell it better, Juliet! :lol:
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    Might watch it, but you sort of need to sell it better, Juliet! :lol:

:lol:

It's like a really good TV series, only it's real!
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I binged watched the series right around Christmas over 2 or 3 days. It is one of those programs where when you finish the episode, you immediately want to watch the next one. Pretty amazing stuff.

I live in Green Bay and worked in Manitowoc County during that whole circus. The case and media coverage was all rather surreal at the time, but I really appreciated the inside look at the case (slanted as it might be) in this documentary. Social media has been entertaining to watch as well: the Avery sympathizers versus those who "know" him to be guilty, sharing blogs and news articles supporting their side. Scrolling through endless unmoderated comments was may be the best part - so many armchair lawyers and additional speculation/theories.

Juliet, if you haven't seen these, take a look. The first video is a quick promo from Seth Meyers (pretty darn funny, IMO) and the second one explains who might have actually killed Theresa Halbach, if indeed it wasn't Avery and Dassey.

Don't get strange!

Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I binged watched the series right around Christmas over 2 or 3 days. It is one of those programs where when you finish the episode, you immediately want to watch the next one. Pretty amazing stuff.

I live in Green Bay and worked in Manitowoc County during that whole circus. The case and media coverage was all rather surreal at the time, but I really appreciated the inside look at the case (slanted as it might be) in this documentary. Social media has been entertaining to watch as well: the Avery sympathizers versus those who "know" him to be guilty, sharing blogs and news articles supporting their side. Scrolling through endless unmoderated comments was may be the best part - so many armchair lawyers and additional speculation/theories.

Juliet, if you haven't seen these, take a look. The first video is a quick promo from Seth Meyers (pretty darn funny, IMO) and the second one explains who might have actually killed Theresa Halbach, if indeed it wasn't Avery and Dassey.

Don't get strange!

Thanks SWK, I'll watch those later!
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The emotions you go through watching this documentary is unreal! I enjoyed it, yet hated it all at the same time!!
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The emotions you go through watching this documentary is unreal! I enjoyed it, yet hated it all at the same time!!

Exactly!
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2016

:lol:
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I just binge watched this as well in the last couple of days and I finished it today...

WOW! Extraordinary! I knew that law enforcement was corrupt, but I never knew that it could be to this sort of extent. Not only for what they did to Steven, but also to his Nephew, Brendan. He was only 16 and he has learning difficulties and they did this to that poor kid. It was hard to watch at times because you felt so mad.

If anyone hasn't watched this, you have to go watch it now.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Just watched the first 2 episodes and well, Im intrigued.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited August 2016

Brilliant show! Just a shame it's real life :?
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited August 2016

Regardless of whether you think they "did or didn't" (that's your personal decision), ignore the comments about it being a one-sided documentary - if anything it highlights the corruption of the police. 'Murica - "land of the free" :roll:
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited August 2016

Regardless of whether you think they "did or didn't" (that's your personal decision), ignore the comments about it being a one-sided documentary - if anything it highlights the corruption of the police. 'Murica - "land of the free" :roll:

66573042.jpg
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited August 2016

66573042.jpg

That sounds like you're against the stars and stripes - you ain't one of those terrorists are ya?
  • 4junk3000
    6371 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I can't watch shows like what you're describing.

Why would i watch something that will only make me mad and feel helpless?

America prefers a corrupt system. It's why we keep voting for the same criminals to run the government. Too many people here think they're just another couple dollars away from being on the other side, where the grass is always greener. So they encourage the corruption because they want to be in on it.

Our nation is doomed. We will be standing in bread lines as soon as the first nationwide catastrophe hits. And then the gun hoarders will shoot the people who stood in line, and take the bread. Meanwhile, the rich will film and televise it, then place wagers on who lives and dies.

Yay, 'murika! F yeah!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.