EA Forums - Banner

Why can't stuffs rotate 360 degrees?

Design issues, work and $$ is why....

Replies

• ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Because buildings would look silly if you couldn't see the front facade.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm guessing it's because the size of the game would almost double as you need to have views of the same thing instead of two
  • DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited February 2016
    Design issues, work and $$ is why....

Yeah, for a 360 degrees view they have to design twice as much.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yup thats the same reason we cant have snow on/off button. We would have to either have double size or to download all files fr buildings ect. Every switch
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • crodf20
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I will go with money and hard work... but maybe small things like bleachers/stands (with the new update) it'd be great if theyy rotate simulating a football stadium (what I was trying to do)...
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    crodf20 wrote:
    I will go with money and hard work... but maybe small things like bleachers/stands (with the new update) it'd be great to rotate and simulate a football stadium.

Also benches. :)
  • thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It would be nice to rotation cars around also.
  • crodf20
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016

crodf20 wrote:
    I will go with money and hard work... but maybe small things like bleachers/stands (with the new update) it'd be great to rotate and simulate a football stadium.

Also benches.
    It would be nice to rotation cars around also.

Indeed :)
  • AAADave1961
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It's a 2D game and was designed with just the two drawn rotations.

They could do four sides but the game would require more space & memory (if you have multiple of the same building at different facings, the two facings have to be loaded at the same time).

Also, the amount of time and money would also increase because all of the assets would need more design/artwork/playtesting.
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    crodf20 wrote:
    I will go with money and hard work... but maybe small things like bleachers/stands (with the new update) it'd be great if theyy rotate simulating a football stadium (what I was trying to do)...

The bleachers do rotate, as well as a few other items, but unfortunately, most do not.

ITYJhsdl.png
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    good info, wondered the same thing about 360 degree.

parking spaces would be great also
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This has been mentioned numerous times before but it still drives me crazy, we need to have the cars face the screen in the drive-in.

Also, some things can't be turned at all, like the feast tables. This also annoys me...
  • crodf20
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    danco214 wrote:
    crodf20 wrote:

The bleachers do rotate, as well as a few other items, but unfortunately, most do not.

ITYJhsdl.png

Really? I just tried, tried, tried and it didn't work so I left it alone... Maybe today I could try, but since the game is crashing and not leaving me enter my town it'd be kinda hard. Maybe I'll read a book instead.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    mystery2mi wrote:

Also, some things can't be turned at all, like the feast tables. This also annoys me...

This is worse for me - no choice of direction at all - yuk!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The tables can't rotate probably because they would have to render the characters with tasks at different angles.
  • stevedilge752
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    . It drives me crazy that I can't rotate the Krustyland bus.
  • skollthewolf
    494 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It's cheaper and no one cares about the backs of buildings. I do agree, however, that there are some decorations that should be 360 degrees (parking spaces, for example).
  • johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    edited February 2016
    while I really wouldn't care for 360 view, I wouldn't want to see the backs of the buildings, being able to rotate left or right in addition to straight on would make for some interesting design.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    And you are all still missing the point that each direction requires a whole new graphic which ups the amount of memory used. Each parking lot or car direction adds to the size of the game files which starts locking people with older or inexpensive phones out of the game. It also leads to more crashing even for people with mid-range devices. In the the more directions you make all the decorations face the more people will have trouble with the game.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.