EA Forums - Banner

What causes things to move?

Prev1
250px-Tapped_Out_Maude_New_Character.png

Replies

• IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I try not to think about it too much, cuz my mind usually wanders towards ****. But if you think about it, we are all moving even when we are perfectly still, because the Planet we live on is moving. It's the gravity thing that gets me. Why don't we just fly off into space?
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I try not to think about it too much, cuz my mind usually wanders towards ****. But if you think about it, we are all moving even when we are perfectly still, because the Planet we live on is moving. It's the gravity thing that gets me. Why don't we just fly off into space?

Yeah but something that isn't alive can't move itself and yeah I understand gravity but it should move right away if that's the case, not when it feels like it.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I like Danco's explanation :mrgreen:
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Was the hose in the sun and then you put it in the shade in the shed? Things expand from heat and shrink from cold...and I can't wait to see all the Gifs about that statement tomorrow :mrgreen:
  • TwigletStyx
    996 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I like Danco's explanation :mrgreen:

+1 :D

PS ~ No doubt there is an explanation, but that's too deep a subject for my shallow mind atm.
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Was the hose in the sun and then you put it in the shade in the shed? Things expand from heat and shrink from cold...and I can't wait to see all the Gifs about that statement tomorrow :mrgreen:

No it wasn't it, I know it would expaned if in put in sun I learnt the hard way a few years ago when I left a rusty mower tin in the sun, all of a sudden fuel just started spraying out of a rusted section in the tin so I know not to place it in the sun. Common sense also states that lol. Just weird how something's after they have been touched or move, move again a few minutes later, did some fat person on the other side of the planet sit down to fast and change the gravitational pull for a slight moment?
  • nick012345678900
    2272 posts
    edited February 2016
    Maybe it was the boggieman:lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2016
    Only one explanation for sure.....Demons!! :twisted: Its there way of giving you a warning :P

Hopefully it just a friendly ghost tho..........

giphy-1.gif?w=500&h=300

If it is a Ghost....WHO YOU GONNA CALL??? :lol:

Ghostbustersdance.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Could it be vibration. Or maybe if it's a plastic hose heat could effect it.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I-am-not-saying.jpg
  • HappyGamer73
    2389 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Any number of possible explanations. For example, was your gas can sealed? If so, the vapour pressure inside the sealed can will cause it to expand slightly, which can cause things to shift ever so slightly, but just enough to change the friction between the can and the hose, letting the hose slide down. Was the hose wet at all? As it dries off, it can change the friction with the same result. Even small vibrations in the ground could be enough to shake things loose sometimes.

Of course, there's also
    poltergeist.jpg?w=600
  • nick012345678900
    2272 posts
    edited February 2016
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I-am-not-saying.jpg

IkhBFxv.jpg

There you go maxx
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't know what emmcee is smoking, but I'll take a pull or two. :P
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • jimmydingo
    516 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Quantum Entanglement. ....someone moved the entangled hose.
  • HappyGamer73
    2389 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't know what emmcee is smoking, but I'll take a pull or two. :P

I believe he already explained it. He had just set his gas can down, along with the hose he was using, started to think about moving and got all unbalanced! :lol:
  • HappyGamer73
    2389 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    jimmydingo wrote:
    Quantum Entanglement. ....someone moved the entangled hose.

Nah, it was gravity waves!
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Lmao, Iam not just talking about the one incident. Iam talking about how it can happen when ever like the other I took my sons tennis ball of him for playing it in the house. I put it on a shelf about ten seconds later it rolls of onto the floor, why didn't it do that when I first placed it there? Ball wasn't moving, so what causes a "delayed reaction".
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Maybe you have some evil energy company Fracking under your property :twisted:
  • LawrenceCohen
    3800 posts
    edited February 2016
    Gravity waves.
  • Taco_BeIIe
    2376 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MAGIC_WAND_Animation.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!