EA Forums - Banner

Weird neighbours!

1. It is possible these are feeder towns, it could also be someone who does not play very often, maybe logs in 1-2 times a week.

2. These sound more like feeder towns to me. In fact I just checked my feeder town to see if you were a neighbor because this does describe my feeder town.

If they rarely have anything for you to click on, you may want to consider new neighbors. It can take a while to get a good full set of active neighbors. I am just getting to the point now, after years of adding neighbors, where almost all of my neighbors are active.

Replies

• chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have some neighbours like that. I think the larger towns with no buildings could just be those who blew up their town to redesign it, but gave up. They seem to still be in events for the nice buildings.
  • crodf20
    101 posts
    edited February 2016
    I have some neighbours like that. I think the larger towns with no buildings could just be those who blew up their town to redesign it, but gave up. They seem to still be in events for the nice buildings.

Same here. I also think that large towns and too much free space are just tappers that nuked their town and then felt way too lazy to get it right.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Its not like real life, delete them and find more. I'm about to go through and get rid of a few of my neighbors I have a couple that have stopped playing.
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Maybe people are taking a welcome break from the long events we've been having.

I have a couple of neighbours where I struggle to find something to tap, I assume the IRS is the culprit for this. But as these are good neighbours and tap daily, it doesn't bother me too much.

It can take a while to get good neighbours, but it depends on what you expect from them. Some of my neighbours tap daily, others, events only, some once a week or so. As long as they tap when an event is on it's ok. I'll fall in to however they want to play.

Make it simple. :D
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think there is a wide array of tappers and we must respect each and everyone. That being said, happy tapping!
  • Newcastlenia
    798 posts Member
    edited February 2016

I have a couple of neighbours where I struggle to find something to tap, I assume the IRS is the culprit for this. But as these are good neighbours and tap daily, it doesn't bother me too much.

It can take a while to get good neighbours, but it depends on what you expect from them. Some of my neighbours tap daily, others, events only, some once a week or so. As long as they tap when an event is on it's ok. I'll fall in to however they want to play.

I totally agree. I made a big push at Christmas to gift all my neighbours at least once. I would then keep note of anyone that gifted back and I would always reciprocate. Out of the 100, my list only consisted of 7 names! But considering how few gifts we ultimately had, it worked well for me. I'm happy as long as people have something to tap when I visit. If not I give them 4 weeks after which it's time for me to move on.
    I'm always actively seeking that magic 100 neighbours who consistently play!
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    JimJ321 wrote:
    I think there is a wide array of tappers and we must respect each and everyone. That being said, happy tapping!

Of course, I absolutely agree. :D
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Oh it's not that I don't respect that there are different ways to play.
    Being disabled, I have much more time than I even want to play multiple times a day. Of course, this also means that I tap my buildings a lot... but I am perfectly fine with vandalism, and I have plenty of buildings to vandalise. But it would be crazy of me to expect other players who aren't in my condition to dedicate as much time to the game as I do. I do replace inactive neighbours now and then, but I give them a fair chance - people have lives to live.

However, what I am talking about is what you could call "selfish" neighbours, who have "designed" towns where you, as a neighbour, don't really benefit from keeping them. They might be level 59, but have so few buildings that there is never anything to click. Or they've been level 40 for 3 months with 5 buildings. With only a limited amount of neighbours allowed, it sucks if half of them are only using your town as a sort of "feeder town" when they need it.
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Before SH there isn't really anything to do so most people have one or a few feeder towns. Now there are a lot more things to keep us active (between monorail,SH,Maggie,daily quests,space shuttle, we get enough things to do), so feeder towns are even more quiet. I've seen a number of neighbors who pretty much gave up on feeder towns. My main and feeder towns have house farms so there is always something for people to click. But since they nerve the house price this is impossible for new players and that makes it even harder. I also notice that neighbors simply don't visit as much anymore, even if they log in daily (these people used to visit everyday). It is lucky to have an active list of neighbors. But it often takes months of deleting Inactives and replacing with good ones to get the ultimate combo.
  • johncolombo
    11384 posts Senior Moderator
    edited February 2016
    I have 4 feeder towns so I get it.
    I'm a weird neighbor there.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • woyaodabian
    104 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    tap on the neighbor's name in your friends list, it shows the last activity.

if you deem it too long (i.e. he/she clears the tapped buildings too un-often, leaving you with nothing to tap), you may wish to un-friend and find new friends through the forum. tons of daily players requesting for friends in the other sub section.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11520 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think i am up to my m-town i have so much unused towns but they are there just for testing and none of them has friends added so i am ok
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited February 2016

I totally agree. I made a big push at Christmas to gift all my neighbours at least once. I would then keep note of anyone that gifted back and I would always reciprocate. Out of the 100, my list only consisted of 7 names! But considering how few gifts we ultimately had, it worked well for me. I'm happy as long as people have something to tap when I visit. If not I give them 4 weeks after which it's time for me to move on.
    I'm always actively seeking that magic 100 neighbours who consistently play!

I have 100 neighbours who regularly play. They don't all visit me but I'm not bothered about that as long as I have something to tap when I make my daily rounds :D
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok I never knew really what a feeder town is but if you can't transfer over stuff from one to another why make em as I never need to have that much help for events. I assume events would be you're only use for em unless u can indeed transfer items over which I doubt.
  • AAADave1961
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    You really need to just pay attention to the habits of your neighbors.
    I've had to unfriend max level players because they never have anything to click on.
    On the other hand, I've had low level players that always keep what few buildings they have available.

It seems like a lot of max level players only 'come alive' when events are going on.
    These are bad neighbors, you should clear your handshakes at least every few days UNLESS you spell out in trees, bushes whatever that you are away. People do get busy (life, vacation, etc.) from time to time and that's understandable.
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Big82S wrote:
    Ok I never knew really what a feeder town is but if you can't transfer over stuff from one to another why make em as I never need to have that much help for events. I assume events would be you're only use for em unless u can indeed transfer items over which I doubt.

Back during Whacking Day - when feeders became popular - it was a good way to drop tons of prizes on your main town with feeders all you. No its more a want to have extra towns - since they changed the drops on friends from being unlimited - its not the overwhelming value they used to be.... which is why you see them die off in your friends list, likely.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!