EA Forums - Banner

Decoration C-R-A-S-H!

Prev1
Yeah, it's why I stopped posting photos showing my town. I've had to de-foliage it. All my deciduous trees are stored away and only the pine trees remain. Tons of white space but I couldn't click on any character without crashing, this has helped.

Hoping once the melt arrivs that I can put the trees back out.

Well....remember your lovely Burns Manor in your mind till you can put it back up.

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    By the sound of it you got too much going on in your town! I've had the same thing , I've out TONS of stuff into storage cut my friends list done to 50ish and it still crashing to be fair more than normal :( apart from taking nearly every decoration down (which I don't want to) I honestly don't know how it combat it.
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Let's hope that they do a background update to help with this issue soon. I've never had issues crashing until last night, it seems to happen after 30-45 seconds in my town.
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Zuzupj - I love the way you decorated your burns manor! That driveway looks very stylish!

I'm hoping to do something similar if the game ever lets me access my decorations again...
  • jehenyen
    129 posts
    edited January 2013
    I had to put away my hedge maze, around 20 reindeer, and a bunch of trees because I couldn't assign tasks anymore due to crashing. I couldn't help myself and went all hedge-y on the Burns Manor and luckily things are still stable. I hope the issue gets fixed because some of my ideas require a lot of decorations but I obviously can't do them and still be able to actually play the game and I know a ton of other people are in the same boat like the OP.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    I stored almost all my non premium itens...

Still crashing... If i store more things, vanity and others, will down...

I have 310% of premium itens, and dont wanna loose, because i paid for it...

I am in serious problems too...
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    Zuzupj - I love the way you decorated your burns manor! That driveway looks very stylish!

I'm hoping to do something similar if the game ever lets me access my decorations again...

Thank you! I hope you get access soon.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    LeFreeze wrote:
    I stored almost all my non premium itens...

Still crashing... If i store more things, vanity and others, will down...

I have 310% of premium itens, and dont wanna loose, because i paid for it...

I am in serious problems too...

If you store too much you won't be able to access your build/inventory menus. I know from personal experience. Had to sell hundreds of fences, trees, shrubs at a loss.
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I hope this is fixed. My Springfield isn't as big as others and I still have all the new buildings to go, yet I'm seeing many crashes.

I thought about the game off-line option, but given that friends come in and out throughout the day, that would be tough to do. And if people save the game on their phone or iPad, that means friends would have to access those devices to get to the game. That creates opportunities for thieves to steal valuable information that we store on our phones or tablets.

Therefore, the best thing is to get larger servers that are more stable. While that addresses the hardware side, clearly there's some software glitches occurring too. I hope EA can fix that aspect soon. Because the fun part of the game is creating a little city with the trees, roads, water, fences, benches, etc. If there is an upper limit on all of that, then that detracts from the enjoyment of the game considerably.
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    So it's come to this.

At the moment I can't click on any character or building without the game crashing. I can collect, but that's just about it (and I can only do that for around 20 seconds)

I've had crashing issues before but never this bad.

Hope it 'magically' fixes itself just like it 'magically' appeared.

It's a real shame, as my Springfield was looking quite good and I was soooooo looking forward to decorating the burns manor. At least it's under construction, but if the current instability continues, I won't be able to do anything with that or the character Smithers at all.

It shouldn't be like this! :x :x :x
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    So it's come to this.

At the moment I can't click on any character or building without the game crashing. I can collect, but that's just about it (and I can only do that for around 20 seconds)
    I'm having the same issue, so you're not alone!
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    So it's come to this.

I've had crashing issues before but never this bad.

Hope it 'magically' fixes itself just like it 'magically' appeared.

It's a real shame, as my Springfield was looking quite good and I was soooooo looking forward to decorating the burns manor. At least it's under construction, but if the current instability continues, I won't be able to do anything with that or the character Smithers at all.

It shouldn't be like this! :x :x :x

Are you zooming out? If you are, don't do that. It's easier to move around your town from the "move" menu or if you fake like you're buying land. And it probably goes without saying, but scroll really slow.
  • bravopilot
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I am having the same problem. So I have stored or sold most of my fences that helped
    Now I am going to try storing trees :(
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2013

Are you zooming out? If you are, don't do that. It's easier to move around your town from the "move" menu or if you fake like you're buying land. And it probably goes without saying, but scroll really slow.

Not zooming out.

I'm not having much trouble panning around my town, it's just that it now crashes EVERY time I tap on a character, EVERY time I tap on a building and EVERY time I go to the decorations menu. I can still collect, pan across my town [tentatively] and move objects.

But at the moment I'm unable to assign tasks or buy new decorations.

I don't wish this upon anyone, but I do take some solitude to the fact that I'm not alone.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    Mine started crashing for me too but not as frequent. *knocks on wood* Usually it happens when somebody visits me. That's because when I crash and come back to my Springfield, I see either handshakes or graffiti.

And my Springfield is actually quite small. It's just 9x8. I'm pretty sure it's all the decorations in my town.

• melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    Mine was fixed after I took away some fences and that was it. I was pretty surprised and very relieved. I plan to put all the fencing back pretty soon when EA sorts it, but my town doesn't look bare at all.
  • donoli81
    33 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am with you
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Mine was fixed after I took away some fences and that was it. I was pretty surprised and very relieved. I plan to put all the fencing back pretty soon when EA sorts it, but my town doesn't look bare at all.

You are wasting your breath. I've said this over and over and they don't want to " compromise the design" of their towns. They'd rather keep crashing. So this is me...washing my hands of it.

Either store things or deal with the crashing. It stinks but that's the way things are at the moment.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

You are wasting your breath. I've said this over and over and they don't want to " compromise the design" of their towns. They'd rather keep crashing. So this is me...washing my hands of it.

Either store things or deal with the crashing. It stinks but that's the way things are at the moment.

Urghhh that sucks. I was wondering why this update had NO stability with it. They really need to sort it out.
  • robbeaumont145
    37 posts
    edited January 2013
    Based on experience as a tester, most developers would say "we'll it works fine on my workstation" rather than admit there is a problem on the target hardware.

And as so many have proved, EA customer support isn't.
  • Urmas-1
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you guys
    I start to feel myself quite happy to have only about 10 crashes per gaming session comparing to your experiences

I really hope EA will fix this soon enough - if there is a single decent programmer in their company, they could do it quite quikly as there should be a ton of crash data coming from us
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.