EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Prev13456737
Night 1 Message
Charles picked up his phone and made a very long distance call.
“Hello?” Said a female voice on the other end of the line
“Hello, this is Charles Xavier trying to reach Star Lord. He said this was his number and I do apologize if I dialed it incorrectly. I don’t make very many galactic phone calls.”
“Oh hello Professor X. It’s Gamora, I didn’t recognize your voice on this connection. Peter is busy right now tracking down a lead on his father. Is there something I can help with?”
“Yes please. Magneto is going to stir up trouble over a new law being passed here on Earth. I was hoping for some outside help since he knows so many of my X-men too well. I am afraid it would result in the typical stalemate we find ourselves in. This is too important of an issue to come to a draw. Star Lord said he would be able to help me in the future with an issue in return for that favor I did him.” Charles replied.
“Well, I don’t know how long Peter is going to be on this little quest of his Professor, I think it is another wild goose chase but finding his father is important to him. Hmm? What is that Groot? Yes I will tell him. Professor, Groot says “Hi”. He actually said “I am Groot” but you know what I mean. Like I was saying Peter is busy right now but if you are a friend of Peter’s and need help I will come instead. I will be there shortly.”
“Thank you Gamora dear. I will have some tea waiting for you when you get here. I will need to call the others. Thank you again” After giving Gamora the coordinates to find him Charles went to go brew some coffee.

“The vote has passed with just barely enough votes to make it to the Senate. It is believed it will pass with a bigger margin in the Senate…” Was the last thing Magento’s radio said before it was crushed from across the room.
“I told the sentimental fool that the humans can’t be trusted.” Magento said to himself.
He hit a button on the console sitting on his desk.
“Mystique please come in here”
As he waited for Mystique to appear Magento walked over to his safe hidden behind a Ford Madox Brown painting. From there he withdrew his helmet and put it on. It was tiem to go to war and he needed his helmet if he was going to face his old foe Charles.
“Yes?” came the question as Mystique slinked into the room.
“It is time to gather the others. The humans have gone too far and it is time to stop this dangerous bill before it gathers any more steam. Go collect them so we may make our stand”

Later that night out in Vegas in front of the club “Trois Rouge” stood a bouncer. His name tag simply said CM on it. It was a slow night so far and he was bored waiting for the night crowd to really show up. He was hoping for another brawl to break out. Last night was just too much fun. It had started inside the club. Some guy was jealous his girl liked dancing with other guys. The idiot actually picked up a bar stool to rush the bouncer. CM side stepped him and the idiot charged out the door with stool in hand.
CM went outside to make sure the guy stopped his fight. He snatched the bar stool from his hands and tossed it over his shoulder. He forgotten his own strength and the stool hit the neon sign. After the jealous boyfriend saw that he still tried to take a swing at CM. Drunks never do learn. A light tap later the idiot was crumpled on the ground waiting for LVPD to come pick him up for his complimentary stay at the drunk tank.
CM smiled to himself thinking about that listening to the sign above him creak in the breeze. He stopped smiling when he remembered management was going to take the repairs out of his check to fix the blasted thing. The dang “E” was permanently out until it was fixed and the “U and “G” kept flickering. As the next song came on inside, by the Cure, a gust of wind came by. There was more damage to the sign than either CM or management noticed. Management had also failed to notice the signs of termites that had been eating away at the building lately. The stool had actually knocked the last anchor holding up the sign onto the building. That gust of wind knocked it loose and the neon sign started to crash down. Cm never knew…

“Wait wait wait. Are you seriously going to kill of one of these guys with some freak accident involving a neon sign?!? This is supposed to be an awesome battle between two super powered teams and a freak accident is going to take out one of the players?” Demanded the editor.
“Well I mean I thought it was pretty cool. He still was going to be killed by powers, it was just going to be his own mistake” Replied to newest Marvel Writer
“No people want to see super battles not super accidents. Or at least save the super accidents for later on in the story. You know after the Xavier or Magneto has a shot at recruiting guys or gals. Then it could be those two racing against each other and bad luck”
“Fine. No one dies until someone has a chance to recruit someone to their team”

Day 2 message

Bruce was in his lab trying to work on a new heart monitor, figure out the identity of who made an assassination attempt against the mayor and cook lunch. He liked to keep busy, kept him from thinking too much about the Other Guy. When he thought about the Other Guy and all the troubles he had caused it lead Bruce to thinking some very dark thoughts. He was on the testing phase of the new heart monitor and it was working like a charm.
Bruce was in very deep thought pouring over the details of the assassination attempt case when there was a knock on the door. It startled Bruce so badly that his new heart monitor gave a faint warning beep but then went back to normal. When he answered the door he saw Professor Xavier and an unknown green woman standing next to him.
“Hello Bruce. I hope we are not interrupting anything?” Charles said.
“Oh hello Charles, I am working on some stuff but I have time for you. You know me I like to keep very busy. Cuts back on any, uh, incidents. Why don’t you come in so the people don’t stare at your friend here? I try not to have too many green people associated with the place you know.”
“Yes of course, I didn’t realize you don’t know each other. This is Gamora, she is here to help with an issue and I was hoping to use your unique talents as well. You know that Mutant-Super Powered Registration Act making its way through congress? Well Magneto has decided to take the matters into his own hands and is planning to do something forceful about it. We need help in stopping him”
“Gee Professor I would like to help but I have been just Bruce for a while and I would like to keep it that way. I think I finally got the Other Guy under control. If you need my help as Bruce I would be happy to do so.” Bruce replied.
“Will you not stand and help a fellow Earthling? Charles said you were a friend. I guess he was wrong about that. After hearing about this Magneto person, he seems like someone worth stopping. You hide in your lab while others fight your battles.”
A little warning beep came from the heart monitor. Bruce took a moment to take a deep breath.
“Like I said it has been a while. You really don’t want His help. He sometimes does more harm than good. Now for everyone’s sake I am going to have to ask you to leave. I am very close to solving something for SHEILD and my lunch is almost ready. I am sure it was nice meeting you Gamora. Have a good day Charles”
With that Xavier and Gamora left and Bruce went to check on his soup. It was done just as he walked into the kitchen. He carefully took his bowl out of the microwave since it was very hot. He carried it back to where he had been working on the assassination case. When he sat down he let out a breath, this caused a photo to slide off the table and fall below it. He crawled under the table and grabbed the photo. With the photo being upside down he saw it from a completely different angle than he had been looking at it all along. He realized the only person who could pull off the shot was the Winter Solider. In his excitement he forgot he was under the table and tried to stand up and ended up banging his head against the table. His heart monitor went nuts when he jostled the table which caused the fresh bowl of soup to get knocked off and onto his back.
The Hulk stood up all the way and in a fit of rage ripped the table in half. He yanked off the damaged heart monitor and threw it at the wall where it got embedded into the drywall giving one last beep before falling silent forever. The Hulk caught his reflection is some glass and gave a world weary sigh. He jogged out the door to catch up to Xavier and his green friend. At least he won’t be the only green one this time.

Halfway around the world Victor Von Doom was working in a very different lab. He was accessing threats to his home country of Latveria. He had been researching Avengers to see if he could find out anything about them that would prove useful down the road. After figuring out a complicated piece of SHIELD encryption, Victor started to smile. He now knew the name of Captain America. Even better he knew where he lived. In the distance thunder rumbled ominously.

Bruce has been recruited by Xavier's team and is now the Hulk.

Night 2 message

Loki was having the time of his life on Earth. He had escaped Asgard prison yet again. It’s like father and brother never learn. He is the god of tricks. No prison could hold him. Since they are too soft to actually kill him it was always a matter of time before he was caught and then escaped again.
Last time he was Earth he tried for the big take over the world thing. It didn’t pan out so well. He was picking marble out of his hair for a week This time he was getting his kicks in a small way. Messing with people's drinks. They would order coffee but get tea. Some would make tea but end up drinking coffee. Only some people noticed but it was still funny.
Now he was getting bored of the tea/coffee trick on such a small scale. It was time to go bigger. What is the point of messing with people if you don’t get to take credit for it and laugh? He had just showed up at the Keurig factory. He made sure he was invisible out on the production line floor. First he changed all the names on the little cups from Keurig to Sky Traveler Coffee. That was the easy part. Now it was time to change all of the coffee in the building into sweet tea. He closed his eyes and started to concentrate.
Above him Carl was working the crane enjoying his first cup of coffee of the day. He was moving a pallet of coffee across the production floor. He was taking a sip just as Loki’s spell started to take effect. What Carl thought was a sip of coffee turned out to be sweet tea. Carl’s eyes bugled as he tried to cough out the sip he just took. He didn’t know how he could make such a mistake but he is deathly allergic to tea. In his panic to spit out the tea he sprayed what was once coffee all over the control panel of his crane. Sparks began to shoot everywhere. This caused Carl to start flailing about the cabin of the crane. He accidently hit the release button on his latest pallet that he was attempting to move. Loki never did get to brag about his latest stunt. The pallet on his head ensured that.

Zebidiah was whistling to himself as he was walking down the street. Some knew him as the Purple Man others knew him only as Kilgrave. His newest venture had him messing with the way people spoke. He would just walk up to them, tell them they had to talk in a certain way and then order them to forget he was ever there. He had one woman proclaiming her love of dogs and got a man to be in the holiday mood. The best part was the compulsion wore off in 24 hours so the victim just looked very crazy.
Zebidiah had heard that Magneto was looking for others to help him doing something about a registration act in DC. If he asked him, Kilgrave would be very interested in joining. Until then he will just keep looking for new targets to mess with how they talked. In fact he saw one right now that might be fun.
“Excuse, if I may have a moment of your time. I have something you WILL listen to, even if you don’t want to...”
Day 3 Message

Victor Von Doom was snooping around the trashed lab of Bruce Banner. He had come to a dead end of his research out in Latveria and had to go to America to pick up the trail on more threats to his homeland. Victor was very pleased to find the lab empty and destroyed. He could only hope that means he would be left alone for a while to try and pry as many secrets out of Banner’s files. He came across a personal journal of sorts that Bruce had been logging in the system along with his research notes.
“Dear Journal Oct 18th- 152
I have hit another dead end on find a permanent solution to my problem with the Other Guy. Every time I get frustrated I can feel him getting closer. It has been 152 days since my last episode. I am hoping this streak continues. I still sometimes worry I will wake up as Him one day and never go back to being Bruce.”
“Dear Journal Oct 23rd -157
Another failed experiment. The 5th this week. I can feel the Other Guy laughing at me, at every failure.”
“Dear Journal Nov 1st -1
I am thankful that this time I was able to run to my containment chamber in time. No damage to anything important. Just have to start a new line of experiments. At least this time the Hulk didn’t make the papers.”
With that one simple slip from Bruce, Victor had gained so much more knowledge. Just as Victor was about to continue to snoop around some more there was a knock on the door frame. Victor’s head snapped up to see who had caught him unaware.
Standing at the door was a little old lady, grey hair pulled up in a tight bun, thick glasses, a cane in her right hand and even a shawl.
“Excuse me dear. I think my grandson gave me a wrong address. I am looking for someone. Can you help me out? I am very confused and need help.” Asked the befuddled lady.
“I don’t know who you are, but come off it. Laying it on a bit thick aren’t you?” Replied Victor.
“Haha, Magneto said you would be a good one for the group.” With those words the little old lady started to morph into the blue form of Mystique.
“Magneto and I have an offer I think you will like very much. Dr. Doom.” Mystique began to outline their plan.
“Very well I will join. I also have gathered some information you will benefit from greatly”

Victor Von Doom was recruited by Magneto and Mystique.

Replies

• johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    First!

++
    Lynn
    Meinaz
    Juliet
    Sakura
    MC
    Anna
    Annette
    Wiki
    Moxxee
    Barry
    Turkey
    Spiders
    Squirrel
    lulu
    johnny
    hen
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    --lynn
    :wink:
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    --lynn

:lol::lol::lol:

Hi, Johnny! (Gotta go clear out my 4 active towns and feed the animals. Back in a while. ) :)
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Also all the characters except one have been in a movie/netflix show since 2003 Spiderman. The one that wasn't in a movie was in the animated X-men show from the 90's/2000's. So I didn't go with a super rare or obscure characters.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    --lynn

:lol::lol::lol:

Hi, Johnny! (Gotta go clear out my 4 active towns and feed the animals. Back in a while. ) :)

Good morning, Annette.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Just a heads up that I think out of all of the marvel type films I've only seen one, so I'm probably gonna be so lost in this CG! :lol:

• maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I've seen all the Avenger movies...is that marvel(ous)? :oops:
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    Just a heads up that I think out of all of the marvel type films I've only seen one, so I'm probably gonna be so lost in this CG! :lol:

I am with you. Even if I had seen them, I would still probably be lost.
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Marvel films are not my bag either, but I've convinced myself that it doesn't really matter :D I shall be relying on my trusty friend Google to fill in the blanks.

Soooo, on the basis that we have zero information, how do we get this thing started?
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Ok those with Doc access should for real have it now. Ignore the link in the role PM. First time using the docs as a GL and forgot to turn off all the restrictions.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    We know there is a good guy-Xavier and a bad guy-Magneto. I assume that nobody is on a team yet. Xavier recruits good guys by selecting them and kills bad guys by selecting them. Magneto recruits bad guys by selecting them and kills good guys by selecting them. Good guys win by killing Magneto and his team. Bad guys win by killed Xavier and his team. I assume that we only have to kill the team members that have been recruited, so the quicker we get to Xavier and/or Magneto, the sooner the game will end.

• Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    --lynn

Hmmm... showing favorites already................. :wink:

I'm watching you! 8)

PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Good morning.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Superhero films that I have seen in my lifetime:

1952-1958: Superman (the TV series, that had George Reeves in it.) (I was a little kid. Loved that show.) :)
    1980: Superman I (the one with CHRISTOPHER Reeves, that had Marlon Brando in it)
    1982: Superman II (another one with CHRISTOPHER Reeves, that had E.G. Marshall in it)
    1987: Robocop (does that count? He was kind of a super-hero, right?)
    1989: Batman (the one with Michael Keaton, that had Jack Nicholson in it)

So, are any of those going to help me here?

• TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Superhero films that I have seen in my lifetime:

1952-1958: Superman (the TV series, that had George Reeves in it.) (I was a little kid. Loved that show.) :)
    1980: Superman I (the one with CHRISTOPHER Reeves, that had Marlon Brando in it)
    1982: Superman II (another one with CHRISTOPHER Reeves, that had E.G. Marshall in it)
    1987: Robocop (does that count? He was kind of a super-hero, right?)
    1989: Batman (the one with Michael Keaton, that had Jack Nicholson in it)

So, are any of those going to help me here?
    DC
    DC
    DC
    Not a comic book but still a hero
    DC

So sadly no. No help there.
  • Turkey1010
    2653 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Okay, so I downloaded Google Docs as suggested before and I am still lost. Don't vote me off before I can understand what's going on!

And btw I have seen a ton of movies ...old and new. Love them all, but it doesn't help me grass the concept of what I am suppos s to do. I get I'm supposed to vote people off and stuff but no one is supposed to talk about the game so ? ? ?

Also I don't know how to use use Google docs haha.. I wanted to play so bad, but now im just kinda sad and embarrassed. BTW I'm 27 years old.. I should these things!!
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    meinaz wrote:
    We know there is a good guy-Xavier and a bad guy-Magneto. Xavier recruits good guys by selecting them and kills bad guys by selecting them. Magneto recruits bad guys by selecting them and kills good guys by selecting them.

Do Xavier and Magneto strike on alternate nights, or do they both strike every night?

If they strike on alternating nights, I assume the "Morning Message" will lead us to know which one had their turn.

Let's assume for sake of argument that Night One is Xavier's night to strike. If no player is listed as "dead" in the morning message, then we know that Xavier gained a recruit. And if a player IS listed as "dead" in the morning message, then we know that the "bad" team lost one.

Either way, no matter who Xavier targets, it's a good night for Xavier. (Or do I have that wrong? )
  • wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I assume that the concept is similar to my game - you don't want to say whether you are good or bad.

I guess there's not a lot that we can do today, hopefully we will get a few games to earn clues. Otherwise it's gonna have to be guesses
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote:
    Okay, so I downloaded Google Docs.. and I can't talk about myself to anyone and I am still lost. Don't vote me off before I can understand what's going on!

And btw I have seen a ton of movies ...PLL and new. Love them all, but it doesn't help me grass the concept of what I am suppos s to do. I get I'm supposed to vote people off and stuff but no one is supposed to talk about the game so ? ? ?

LOL! Welcome to Conspiracy Games. ;) We typically spend the first Game Day asking one another stuff like what did each of us have for breakfast (Rice Krispies and bananas, smothered in sugar) ... and then talking about how awkward it is to vote when we have nothing to vote about.

Then johnny (struggling to prove that there is at least one responsible adult around here) tries to show leadership by picking a name out of his hat. Then the rest of us tell johnny that he shouldn't just pick a name out of his hat. Then johnny asks if we have any better ideas. Then the rest of us say, well no. Then johnny says, well then picking a name out of a hat sounds better than nothing. Then the rest of us say, well, we're just not going to vote at all.

(God, this sounds just like Congress, where johnny would be the Democrats and the rest of us would be the Republicans)

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Turkey1010
    2653 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Mmmm, I read this thread twice and that is a new view on what I am trying to decode. And right on that's cool.. balls I'm excited to get this rolling!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.