EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Replies

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Are people who haven't been recruited yet considered good unless they're turned? Or should everyone who could potentially join the bad team be considered bad? If that makes sense?

I'm just trying to figure out if we're all technically on two teams already, or if we all have a common goal until we're dead or turned.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The rules read

Winning:

1. Xavier's team (good guys) will win once Magneto and team are defeated

2. Magneto's team (bad guys) will win once Xavier and team are defeated

I don't believe that you are a good guy or a bad guy until you join the team. As we saw with the Hulk recruitment, he went from Bruce to Hulk once he was recruited.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think we are all definitely good or bad. It's not like a normal game(team 1, team 2, innocents). The "innocents" are good or bad. If one side targets you, you live or die.
    Half of us want ONE outcome. The other half want a DIFFERENT outcome.
    Two groups. Two teams.

Question for The Great and Honorable GL:
    If one team kills the other leaders, do the "innocents" from that side still win?
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Yes I guess it would be considered a win for all the people who could have potentially been recruited by the team.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think we are all definitely good or bad. It's not like a normal game(team 1, team 2, innocents). The "innocents" are good or bad. If one side targets you, you live or die.
    Half of us want ONE outcome. The other half want a DIFFERENT outcome.
    Two groups. Two teams.

Question for The Great and Honorable GL:
    If one team kills the other leaders, do the "innocents" from that side still win?

In the long run, I agree. The problem is that the recruited all know their recruited group members, so they aren't going after each other. A person that hasn't been recruited is always going to be more of a target. Obviously if you know somebody is on the other team, they would be the first choice to kill.
  • wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ++johnny

Here are my reasons:

1. He is uncharacteristically quiet - this is not how Johnny plays, but then again he's usually a villain.

2. He put in an early vote. Could this be so that he has power over the situation, if one similar to yesterday were to arise?

3. He is usually always a villain, so he probably is in this game :mrgreen::lol:

4. I need to vote for someone - I want my name in the pot, although lightening is unlikely to strike twice.

Glad I've got immunity, that should help me, knowing my luck ;)
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ++johnny

I have to vote to try to save myself.
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Vote Count
    1 Meinaz (Johnny)
    2 Johnny (Wiki, Meinaz)

Johnny is currently getting voted off with 2 votes

• SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Man, I really want to vote for Johnny, mainly because of Wilki's third reason. But I always worry if I vote for him some cruel twist of fate makes him innocent. So tempting though, but I'm going to have to think about this.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Happy Easter!

I had my notes wrong and had the wrong peeps with the wrong leader. Especially Jean, who I had wrong because I was busy eating chocolate and didn't read the message correctly. That made me spring to the conclusion that GL had written that Jean was helping Magnetto, and didn't know who "Jean" was. So, quick like a bunny, I read the Wikipedia article about Jean and saw that she turned bad at the end.

If Jean is good, then it seems we are blessed with too many good characters, unless some of the names I listed aren't actual characters. I'll talk about Peter, because I like talking about him because there's a Peter Cottontail, so every time I say "Peter" it counts as an Easter-related word. Plus he's the "Star Lord". So I get a twofer with Peter. Anyway, Peter seems an important enough character in the X-men stories that I think he would be in the game.

Plus Peter's father is an EVIL guy (J'son), so maybe he's in the story too. Plus, J'son is also named Mister Knife, and a person would logically use a knife to cut an Easter cake, so I like talking about him, too. J'son -- aka Mister Knife -- would help us gain another character to the "Bad" list, which doesn't have enough people on it.

easter_chocolate_bunny.jpg

• ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    This has nothing to do with the game, but I saw this on my sister's facebook this morning, and thought I would reproduce it here, even though it also has nothing directly to do with Easter, except Easter stuff has a lot of pink in it, and the flamingo outfit is pink.

BTW, Villanova won the basketball game yesterday. Joe is acting like he died and went to Heaven. :)

bunny_roll.gif

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Uh-oh Annette is drunk on chocolate! :lol:

I really don't want to vote for anyone right now, this sucks. At least we have until tomorrow.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:

BTW, Villanova won the basketball game yesterday. Joe is acting like he died and went to Heaven. :)

I have Villanova picked to win it all, so I hope they do. Unfortunately I have a track record of the team I pick to win ends up losing in the finals.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @lynn, I thought I'd hop in here to ask you this, since it's in my notes. Just as the voting deadline hit on Thursday (which was three days ago, because today is Easter Sunday), you posted this:
    --johnny
    ++maryc

I've been hunting through the votes before that and it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the voting, which was that you were going to be lynched. So I know it wasn't because you thought you were going to revive your chance of survival. Would you be a lamb and tell me why you did that? :?:

And meinaz, Lord knows you better not have brought bad luck to Villanova, because otherwise my husband will be like this:

killer_bunny.gif

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

IMPORTANT NOTE TO OUR LORD AND MASTER GL: That green vote above was NOT from this current voting cycle, so please ignore my fluff if it confuses you.

• Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    killer_bunny.gif

He's Got Big Pointy TEETH!!

Oh, just a little bunny eh........
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    @lynn, I thought I'd hop in here to ask you this, since it's in my notes. Just as the voting deadline hit on Thursday (which was three days ago, because today is Easter Sunday), you posted this:
    --johnny
    ++maryc

I've been hunting through the votes before that and it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the voting, which was that you were going to be lynched. So I know it wasn't because you thought you were going to revive your chance of survival. Would you be a lamb and tell me why you did that? :?:

And meinaz, Lord knows you better not have brought bad luck to Villanova, because otherwise my husband will be like this:

killer_bunny.gif

IMPORTANT NOTE TO OUR LORD AND MASTER GL: That green vote above was NOT from this current voting cycle, so please ignore my fluff if it confuses you.

I was desperate to save myself, and I hoped that if I took off my vote for Johnny that it might put someone else in the running. I honestly can't explain it any better than that; I was panicking and not thinking too clearly. :roll:

And since I need to vote sometime and she's been quiet, I'm voting for ++henpot
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:
    ++johnny

Here are my reasons:

1. He is uncharacteristically quiet - this is not how Johnny plays, but then again he's usually a villain.

2. He put in an early vote. Could this be so that he has power over the situation, if one similar to yesterday were to arise?

3. He is usually always a villain, so he probably is in this game :mrgreen::lol:

4. I need to vote for someone - I want my name in the pot, although lightening is unlikely to strike twice.

Glad I've got immunity, that should help me, knowing my luck ;)

I'm confused.
    You call me a "stronger, more experienced player" but you vote for me.
    Don't we want the stronger players around?
    We have no idea which team the players are on but you put me in a place to be lynched?

1. I'm usually quiet in the beginning. I feel like I say that every game. I don't usually go too hard for a couple GDs.
    2. My vote wasn't that early, it was just the first. Today is a long GD after all. My voting first was hardly a position of power as seen by my current situation.
    3. There are no villains this game. Only teams.
    4. A vote for me is curious. You knew the position you would put me in.
    Why?
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    catdance-cat-video-2014.jpg
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    catdance-cat-video-2014.jpg

y_cat_bunny.jpg

• SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Happily eating chocolate and trying to decide who to vote for.....

I do think the more experienced players are the team leaders but have no idea who is on which side :?

I want to vote to put my name in the hat....but who.....do I vote for meinaz to even up the vote :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.