EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Replies

• ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hippity hoppity, I'm so confused, but a reminder to some of you. I don't think, at this point, I would pray that a leader gets voted off. In a month of Sundays, I couldn't remember a time where in a TEAM game, I would want to risk that so early. There's a 50/50 chance, Lord knows, that the "leader" could be on MY team and not the opposite team. I enjoyed Easter, but I'm not ready to vote off a potential leader today. I have faith that if we look back and find someone wanting to vote off "the villain" we might start to consider that person as being on the "good" team.

I hope some bunny will start examining the messages to see if GL has been dropping story hints based on what the players have been saying (and the way they've been acting) in the thread. When wilki was Supreme Leader, he did just that.

Tonight is the "bad" team's turn to kill. If they manage to find a "bad" character, that character will resurrect and not be killed. The teams will remain equal in size if someone proves to be immortal (for the night, anyway).

Here's how I see the divine Sakura's voting this time:

x_bugs_elmer_hatchet.gif

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

• TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Vote Count
    5 Meinaz (Johnny, Lynn, Sakura, Wiki, Turkey)
    3 Henpot ( MC, Juliet, Meinaz)
    2 Moxxee (SquirrelLad, ForumNerds )
    2 SquirrelLad (Spidermakesgravy, Moxxee)
    1 Barry (Anna)
    1 Ann (Barry)

Henpot is currently getting voted off with 3 votes first

People who haven't voted
    Honolulu
    Henpot

38 Min until End of Day.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Vote Count
    1 Barry (Anna)
    1 Ann (Barry)

Henpot is currently getting voted off with 3 votes first

People who haven't voted
    Honolulu
    Henpot

38 Min until End of Day.

I think you wrote it wrong for who is getting voted off :lol:
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It is too bad that I got on the wrong person's radar. I have to learn to be more low key.
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Wow...those votes sure escalated quickly. :shock:
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2016

That's for sure.
    I have my left eye on Annette, aka MsEasterFanatic.

8)
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

That's for sure.

8)

Just in Honor of moxxee, here's one of a bunny fighting a snake -- and the bunny's winning. :)

bunny_snake.gif
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

That's for sure.

8)

Just in Honor of moxxee, here's one of a bunny fighting a snake -- and the bunny's winning. :)

bunny_snake.gif

Yay! Bunny kicks!

3f4f1be6661c2eee0235decb3599ecf7.jpg

:lol:
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Day ended story in like 5.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

That's for sure.

8)

bunny_snake.gif

Yay! Bunny kicks!

3f4f1be6661c2eee0235decb3599ecf7.jpg

:lol:

"Day's" over. No more tonguetangle. I can talk normal now. Good night, bunnies:

y_duracell_discharged.jpg

• TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Night 2 message

Loki was having the time of his life on Earth. He had escaped Asgard prison yet again. It’s like father and brother never learn. He is the god of tricks. No prison could hold him. Since they are too soft to actually kill him it was always a matter of time before he was caught and then escaped again.
    Last time he was Earth he tried for the big take over the world thing. It didn’t pan out so well. He was picking marble out of his hair for a week This time he was getting his kicks in a small way. Messing with people's drinks. They would order coffee but get tea. Some would make tea but end up drinking coffee. Only some people noticed but it was still funny.
    Now he was getting bored of the tea/coffee trick on such a small scale. It was time to go bigger. What is the point of messing with people if you don’t get to take credit for it and laugh? He had just showed up at the Keurig factory. He made sure he was invisible out on the production line floor. First he changed all the names on the little cups from Keurig to Sky Traveler Coffee. That was the easy part. Now it was time to change all of the coffee in the building into sweet tea. He closed his eyes and started to concentrate.
    Above him Carl was working the crane enjoying his first cup of coffee of the day. He was moving a pallet of coffee across the production floor. He was taking a sip just as Loki’s spell started to take effect. What Carl thought was a sip of coffee turned out to be sweet tea. Carl’s eyes bugled as he tried to cough out the sip he just took. He didn’t know how he could make such a mistake but he is deathly allergic to tea. In his panic to spit out the tea he sprayed what was once coffee all over the control panel of his crane. Sparks began to shoot everywhere. This caused Carl to start flailing about the cabin of the crane. He accidently hit the release button on his latest pallet that he was attempting to move. Loki never did get to brag about his latest stunt. The pallet on his head ensured that.

Zebidiah was whistling to himself as he was walking down the street. Some knew him as the Purple Man others knew him only as Kilgrave. His newest venture had him messing with the way people spoke. He would just walk up to them, tell them they had to talk in a certain way and then order them to forget he was ever there. He had one woman proclaiming her love of dogs and got a man to be in the holiday mood. The best part was the compulsion wore off in 24 hours so the victim just looked very crazy.
    Zebidiah had heard that Magneto was looking for others to help him doing something about a registration act in DC. If he asked him, Kilgrave would be very interested in joining. Until then he will just keep looking for new targets to mess with how they talked. In fact he saw one right now that might be fun.
    “Excuse, if I may have a moment of your time. I have something you WILL listen to, even if you don’t want to...”

Loki acutally didn't have anything to do with the coffee/tea thing. It was a mistake in the day 1 write up you guys latched onto and I decided to have some fun. Winner of the special knowledge will be contacted shortly. Please send in your night roles

Meinaz- Loki-Distractor

Vote Count
    1 Barry (Anna)
    1 Ann (Barry)

People who didn't voted
    Honolulu
    Henpot
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Reminder. Waiting on some night actions.
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Day 3 Message

Victor Von Doom was snooping around the trashed lab of Bruce Banner. He had come to a dead end of his research out in Latveria and had to go to America to pick up the trail on more threats to his homeland. Victor was very pleased to find the lab empty and destroyed. He could only hope that means he would be left alone for a while to try and pry as many secrets out of Banner’s files. He came across a personal journal of sorts that Bruce had been logging in the system along with his research notes.
    “Dear Journal Oct 18th- 152
    I have hit another dead end on find a permanent solution to my problem with the Other Guy. Every time I get frustrated I can feel him getting closer. It has been 152 days since my last episode. I am hoping this streak continues. I still sometimes worry I will wake up as Him one day and never go back to being Bruce.”
    “Dear Journal Oct 23rd -157
    Another failed experiment. The 5th this week. I can feel the Other Guy laughing at me, at every failure.”
    “Dear Journal Nov 1st -1
    I am thankful that this time I was able to run to my containment chamber in time. No damage to anything important. Just have to start a new line of experiments. At least this time the Hulk didn’t make the papers.”
    With that one simple slip from Bruce, Victor had gained so much more knowledge. Just as Victor was about to continue to snoop around some more there was a knock on the door frame. Victor’s head snapped up to see who had caught him unaware.
    Standing at the door was a little old lady, grey hair pulled up in a tight bun, thick glasses, a cane in her right hand and even a shawl.
    “Excuse me dear. I think my grandson gave me a wrong address. I am looking for someone. Can you help me out? I am very confused and need help.” Asked the befuddled lady.
    “I don’t know who you are, but come off it. Laying it on a bit thick aren’t you?” Replied Victor.
    “Haha, Magneto said you would be a good one for the group.” With those words the little old lady started to morph into the blue form of Mystique.
    “Magneto and I have an offer I think you will like very much. Dr. Doom.” Mystique began to outline their plan.
    “Very well I will join. I also have gathered some information you will benefit from greatly”

Victor Von Doom was recruited by Magneto and Mystique.

Forced Vote
    Henpot
    Honolulu

Today's Twist
    You will be making 2 votes today (possibly) The first vote will be for who you want lynched next, like normal. The next vote will be to share the list of characters (NOT Players) who can be recruited by villains. Your share vote ONLY counts if you have voted for someone. If you want the list shared you vote like this ++Share if you don't want it shared you can vote like this --Share. The Share vote doesn't have to be in color or bold but it helps. You can vote a person off and abstain from voting to share or not. Now be careful how you vote. The other team will be watching.
  • wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I see no harm in voting to share the list. It would be useful to see whether the characters match any behaviour of players. As GL I liked to do that a lot. When will the list be shared, and what are the conditions of which it must meet to be shared?
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:
    I see no harm in voting to share the list. It would be useful to see whether the characters match any behaviour of players. As GL I liked to do that a lot. When will the list be shared, and what are the conditions of which it must meet to be shared?

End of day at the same time we find out who gets killed. Majority will say if I share or not. In case of a tie I flip a coin.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't see a downside to asking for the list to be shared. Neither team wants to lynch their own characters. For instance, with the list of characters on my team, once I figure out some hints to "match" a player with a particular character in the story, then I know whether they're on my team, and whether to vote for or against them.

That would be true of all the players. Having the list seems to be a benefit ... plus it would help us know the names of the characters in this story. So many of them have two (or three) names, that it's really hard (at least for me) to follow the storyline. It took me forever to figure out that "Bruce" was "Hulk" :oops: Now that we have Zebediah/Kilgrave/Purple Man, it's hard to remember who's being talked about.

For instance, I got confused with:

Zebidiah had heard that Magneto was looking for others to help him doing something about a registration act in DC. If he asked him, Kilgrave would be very interested in joining.

I'd forgotten that Kilgrave was Zebidiah, and thought the "he asked him" meant that "if Zebidiah asked Kilgrave" ... then I reread and realized (doh! ) that it meant "if Magneto asked Zebidiah" ...

So, for me, a list would help a LOT, especially if the list includes the alternate names alongside one another.

I won't vote for it yet, because I don't have anyone to vote to lynch yet. But unless someone tells me where I'm wrong, I'll be voting to reveal that list.

(I'm keeping a spreadsheet for these names :) )
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hmmmmmmmmm.......... could be used for good or evil....... :lol::mrgreen:
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Tricky decision, with sour cream. Moxxee, the Taco Lover, wouldn't be so quick to respond to this one.

If the villains know who to pick, it would make life easier for them, and they could smear salsa verde all over their bodies.

On the other hand, (and this is if Mox understands the dynamics of this game correctly) if the villains try to recruit someone on the opposite team, they die, so it could be beneficial to the innocents on the villainous team, but not so much for the hot peppers and jalape?os on the other team.

tNr0Vm6.gif
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    OK, here's the thought I had that I've been sitting on until Game Day. This may be obvious to everyone else, but just in case I'm not the only slow-thinking one, here you have it.

Let me explain what I'm thinking. Suppose Xavier picks someone to recruit on his turn, let's say Juliet for the sake of argument. (I picked her name at random; I'm not supposing anything about her.) And let's then say that he discovers that she is playing a bad guy. I'm assuming that Juliet ends up dead, but if not, then Xavier knows that she's not on his team, doesn't he? And he could use that knowledge during the day to suggest voting possibilities for us to lynch.

This also works the other way round, of course.

Also--It could be that our GL is letting Xavier and Magneto recruit during the day. So if they guessed wrong, then again, they'd know that their choice was on the opposite side, and they might encourage us to vote for them.

We should look carefully at anyone suggesting names for the first time.

EDIT: And Moxxee, Sakura, and Annette are not the TT. :mrgreen:
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Lynn, "Moxxee Guacamole" is inclined to agree with you. It's taco Tuesday!

tumblr_moyokrLidx1s9nxtso1_400.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.