EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Replies

• johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    OK, here's the thought I had that I've been sitting on until Game Day. This may be obvious to everyone else, but just in case I'm not the only slow-thinking one, here you have it.

Let me explain what I'm thinking. Suppose Xavier picks someone to recruit on his turn, let's say Juliet for the sake of argument. (I picked her name at random; I'm not supposing anything about her.) And let's then say that he discovers that she is playing a bad guy. I'm assuming that Juliet ends up dead, but if not, then Xavier knows that she's not on his team, doesn't he? And he could use that knowledge during the day to suggest voting possibilities for us to lynch.

This also works the other way round, of course.

Also--It could be that our GL is letting Xavier and Magneto recruit during the day. So if they guessed wrong, then again, they'd know that their choice was on the opposite side, and they might encourage us to vote for them.

We should look carefully at anyone suggesting names for the first time.

EDIT: And Moxxee, Sakura, and Annette are not the TT. :mrgreen:

From the sign up:
    To also give a preview of how the mechanics will work in this game. Everyone will be assigned a civilian character and possible super hero or super villain name. Each of the team captains will try and recruit a member to their team. If your super identity is compatible to that team you are recruited. If it is not then you die (maybe). So I will use Batman as an example. Batman is good guy team captain and Joker is bad guy team captain. Susie is playing civilian Laurel Lance super identity Black Canary (good guy). If batman recruits Susie she become Black Canary and she gets powers. She will also be granted access to the Batman Doc. If the joker tries to recruit her she dies. Then she goes to DMP. Now with all that said trust me there will be a ton of ways to interfere with the recruiting process and not everything is as it seems. :twisted: :twisted:

@Anna:
    What were your thoughts from yesterday?
  • wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ok, I've got a crazy theory. I'm willing to be disproved, but it's worth being mentioned.

So the tongue tangler could be a team leader. Let's assume they weren't for a moment.

What if the TT was recruited either last night or the night before?

Moxxee was close to being voted off yesterday, and it's commonly known that it's unfair to vote the tongue tangled person off as they can defend them self properly.

So what I Moxxee is a leader, recruited the TT and suggested being tangled as a defensive mechanism. It's wild and crazy, but who doesn't love crazy?
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Lynn, let's see if I understand your thoughts:

Say there's a "Player Z".
    Magneto targets "Player Z" at night, and "Player Z" does not die ... this is proof that "Player Z" was on the Bad Team.
    Magneto targets "Player Z" at night, and "Player Z" DOES die ... this is proof that "Player Z" was on the Good Team.

We know that the night-kills "alternate"
    We know that the first night, it was the Good Team that killed. (And they chose correctly and gained a recruit, Hulk.)
    We know that last night, it was the Bad Team that killed (and they chose correctly and gained a recruit, Victor von Doom)

BTW, Victor is the one who knows the identity of the Captain Whatshisname America, right? So that gives the Bad Team another advantage. They would be seeking to lynch THAT player.

The ONLY "Bad Team" members who know the identity of Captain Whatshisname America are Magneto and Victor, I think. So those two players would give a strong push for us to lynch that player. We won't know at the time that is what they are doing. IF they are successful in getting us to vote off that player, then in the Evening Message we would find out that we killed Captain America. So if Magneto and Victor push TOO hard to lynch the player who they know is Captain America, they run the risk of being exposed themselves.

Did ANY of that make sense?

(Just for the record, the tonguetangle assignments in this game are really good! )
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:

Say there's a "Player Z".
    Magneto targets "Player Z" at night, and "Player Z" does not die ... this is proof that "Player Z" was on the Bad Team.
    Magneto targets "Player Z" at night, and "Player Z" DOES die ... this is proof that "Player Z" was on the Good Team.

We know that the night-kills "alternate"
    We know that the first night, it was the Good Team that killed. (And they chose correctly and gained a recruit, Hulk.)
    We know that last night, it was the Bad Team that killed (and they chose correctly and gained a recruit, Victor von Doom)

BTW, Victor is the one who knows the identity of the Captain Whatshisname America, right? So that gives the Bad Team another advantage. They would be seeking to lynch THAT player.

The ONLY "Bad Team" members who know the identity of Captain Whatshisname America are Magneto and Victor, I think. So those two players would give a strong push for us to lynch that player. We won't know at the time that is what they are doing. IF they are successful in getting us to vote off that player, then in the Evening Message we would find out that we killed Captain America. So if Magneto and Victor push TOO hard to lynch the player who they know is Captain America, they run the risk of being exposed themselves.

Did ANY of that make sense?

(Just for the record, the tonguetangle assignments in this game are really good! )

It does to me. Of course, now they know that we're on to them.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:
    Ok, I've got a crazy theory. I'm willing to be disproved, but it's worth being mentioned.

So the tongue tangler could be a team leader. Let's assume they weren't for a moment.

Moxxee was close to being voted off yesterday, and it's commonly known that it's unfair to vote the tongue tangled person off as they can defend them self properly.

So what I Moxxee is a leader, recruited the TT and suggested being tangled as a defensive mechanism. It's wild and crazy, but who doesn't love crazy?

It's not at all crazy for villain teams to publicly work against one another as a bluff to Springfielders in a traditional game (... not that my former "Red Queen" partner, TGH and I would know anything about that, right GL? ) (Ahem. ) But THAT was because it was a traditional game, and we were a villain team, and as we all know, the task of a two-person villain team is to hide from EVERYONE else.

But on the other hand, in a team game like this, who is it that the leaders are trying to "hide" from? In a team game, the leaders need to work to reveal themselves to their own team (to avoid being voted against by their own people) just as much as they are working to hide themselves from the opposing team (to avoid being voted against by their enemies. )

That was one of the issues urlaub and I worked with when we were GLs in the Alpha/Omega game, and that you worked with in your team game.

So, in a way, it would be worse for "Magneto" (moxxee? ) to distance from "Victor" ... Magneto needs to keep his team members on the same page.

Right?

(Did I mention that I love team games? Strategy is much more interesting. )
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Off topic (this is the place for it!), would anyone mind if I tried writing a game next time round? I can work with someone else, if you'd prefer it.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:

It does to me. Of course, now they know that we're on to them.

Ah, but now they could totally bluff, and defend the person they know is Captain America. Or double-bluff, and go after that person but then say "wouldn't it have been really stupid for us to have done that? "

Though, as I just pointed out to wilki, they DO need their own team to know who they are. It's a tap-dance. :)
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Off topic (this is the place for it!), would anyone mind if I tried writing a game next time round? I can work with someone else, if you'd prefer it.

Sounds good to me! :)
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Moxxee seems normal to me, are we sure he's tongue tangled? :lol:
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Moxxee says: wipe that salsa off your chin and pay attention to the journal numbers in the story, because he thinks he sees a pattern in the cheese, meat, and tomatoes.

Also, Wilki "The Sexy Taco" seems unusually aggressive in this game. First he attacks Johnny with a hard shell, and then attacks Moxxee with a soft shell.

tumblr_lxx2p0ktpb1r4etbjo1_500.gif?w=780
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Lynch Count

tumblr_mfv7pps7dk1s0m6axo1_500.gif

Share Count
    giphy2.gif
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    Moxxee says: wipe that salsa off your chin and pay attention to the journal numbers in the story, because he thinks he sees a pattern in the cheese, meat, and tomatoes.

Also, Wilki "The Sexy Taco" seems unusually aggressive in this game. First he attacks Johnny with a hard shell, and then attacks Moxxee with a soft shell.

I have no idea what you are saying, but I'm glad I'm on my lunch break because you're making me hungry. :lol::lol:

• wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

Perhaps I am being too aggressive, I always used to be and it always got me killed.

Someone has to make the accusations, we can't just live off of assumptions. Speaking of which, you didn't disprove my theory - you haven't actually told me I'm wrong.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

?Journal numbers? What did I miss?

EDIT: OOPS. Now I see the journal numbers. I totally missed those. Sorry, GL.

(But I don't get your point. I'll go look again. )
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:
    ... I always used to be [aggressive] ...

THIS I totally agree with. I still have the battle scars from the Kodos game. Everyone else liked me, and you were blowing my cover, and you just wouldn't let go for what seemed like forever. ;)

• SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

?Journal numbers? What did I miss?

Ahhh...journal numbers. That was in the Day 3 message:
    “Dear Journal Oct 18th- 152
    I have hit another dead end on find a permanent solution to my problem with the Other Guy. Every time I get frustrated I can feel him getting closer. It has been 152 days since my last episode. I am hoping this streak continues. I still sometimes worry I will wake up as Him one day and never go back to being Bruce.”
    “Dear Journal Oct 23rd -157
    Another failed experiment. The 5th this week. I can feel the Other Guy laughing at me, at every failure.”
    “Dear Journal Nov 1st -1
    I am thankful that this time I was able to run to my containment chamber in time. No damage to anything important. Just have to start a new line of experiments. At least this time the Hulk didn’t make the papers.”

Maybe those are what Moxxee is referring to?

• 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

Perhaps I am being too aggressive, I always used to be and it always got me killed.

Someone has to make the accusations, we can't just live off of assumptions. Speaking of which, you didn't disprove my theory - you haven't actually told me I'm wrong.

Moxxee will feel the need to defend himself with a bottle of hot sauce if valid proof is given. But Moxxee doesn't worry about baseless accusations so much, or eat tacos without meat or cayenne pepper.

giphy.gif

• SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    wilki1999 wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

Moxxee will feel the need to defend himself with a bottle of hot sauce if valid proof is given. But Moxxee doesn't worry about baseless accusations so much, or eat tacos without meat or cayenne pepper.

giphy.gif

I thought Moxxee went vegetarian once? :P :lol:

• SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm leaning towards the Share List being a good idea.
    I know some of the characters alter egos, but not all and find it a bit confusing at times.
    I can see revealing the names could work against some characters but in the long run I think it will help.....Need some extra information to start voting wisely.
    Unless there is a strong argument against it....and I've missed something obvious, which is entirely possible....then I vote for it to be revealed. :lol:
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:

Come on, Wilki! Your smarter than that. I've known you for a long time...
    Doom was turned last night.
    Purple Man is the TT.
    Let me know when Purple Man gets turned. We'll come back to this...

Why are you going after Moxxee?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.