EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Replies

• Annathewicked
    4728 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Turkey1010 wrote:
    Okay, so I downloaded Google Docs.. and I can't talk about myself to anyone and I am still lost. Don't vote me off before I can understand what's going on!

And btw I have seen a ton of movies ...PLL and new. Love them all, but it doesn't help me grass the concept of what I am suppos s to do. I get I'm supposed to vote people off and stuff but no one is supposed to talk about the game so ? ? ?

LOL! Welcome to Conspiracy Games. ;) We typically spend the first Game Day asking one another stuff like what did each of us have for breakfast (Rice Krispies and bananas, smothered in sugar) ... and then talking about how awkward it is to vote when we have nothing to vote about.

Then johnny (struggling to prove that there is at least one responsible adult around here) tries to show leadership by picking a name out of his hat. Then the rest of us tell johnny that he shouldn't just pick a name out of his hat. Then johnny asks if we have any better ideas. Then the rest of us say, well no. Then johnny says, well then picking a name out of a hat sounds better than nothing. Then the rest of us say, well, we're just not going to vote at all.

(God, this sounds just like Congress, where johnny would be the Democrats and the rest of us would be the Republicans)

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

:lol: This quite accurate description made me laugh....
    I haven't decided if I refuse first round voting or if I shall rando pick a person to wish ill upon.......... :shock: :lol:
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Turkey1010
    2653 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    So can't there be a stalemate or is someone seriously getting a voted off before we even get to play??
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Turkey1010 wrote:
    Okay, so I downloaded Google Docs.. and I can't talk about myself to anyone and I am still lost. Don't vote me off before I can understand what's going on!

And btw I have seen a ton of movies ...PLL and new. Love them all, but it doesn't help me grass the concept of what I am suppos s to do. I get I'm supposed to vote people off and stuff but no one is supposed to talk about the game so ? ? ?

LOL! Welcome to Conspiracy Games. ;) We typically spend the first Game Day asking one another stuff like what did each of us have for breakfast (Rice Krispies and bananas, smothered in sugar) ... and then talking about how awkward it is to vote when we have nothing to vote about.

Then johnny (struggling to prove that there is at least one responsible adult around here) tries to show leadership by picking a name out of his hat. Then the rest of us tell johnny that he shouldn't just pick a name out of his hat. Then johnny asks if we have any better ideas. Then the rest of us say, well no. Then johnny says, well then picking a name out of a hat sounds better than nothing. Then the rest of us say, well, we're just not going to vote at all.

(God, this sounds just like Congress, where johnny would be the Democrats and the rest of us would be the Republicans)

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

:lol: This quite accurate description made me laugh....
    I haven't decided if I refuse first round voting or if I shall rando pick a person to wish ill upon.......... :shock: :lol:

I agree...to funny....and true :mrgreen:

I'm just gonna wait and watch.....and hope I pick the right person to vote off :lol:

• spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited March 2016

If Johnny doesn't go down the name out of a hat route, what happens if nobody votes on the first day? Will we damage some part of the space time continuum? :lol: FWIW, in lieu of any clues or evidence, it sounds a good a plan as any :?

Mushrooms on toast for me this morning.
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ruff, I love dogs. People who have only watched DC movies seem suspicious... :lol: Ruff, I love dogs.

Cat-Dog-Meme-12.jpg
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    They were having coffee, then they were sipping tea towards the end...

Significant?
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

Significant?

Sounds like the hot beverage is some kind of evil mutant to me :lol:

++teacoffeemonster

Serious answer - dunno. Typo?
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

Significant?

Ruff, I love dogs. Or our current GL is just an inconsistent as the last one? Ruff, I love dogs.

c18876b1a76e748d179421651b797c48.jpg

• Annathewicked
    4728 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

Significant?

Mutant coffee-tea.... ! We are all in Danger...................................
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ruff, I love dogs. Apparently Tea flavoured coffee or coffee flavoured Tea are an actual thing. So maybe they were drinking both at the same time? Ruff, I love dogs.

9f4e65e02d2e42695f737c0ef5e9ea7d.jpg

• Annathewicked
    4728 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ruff, I love dogs. Apparently Tea flavoured coffee or coffee flavoured Tea are an actual thing. So maybe they were drinking both at the same time? Ruff, I love dogs.

9f4e65e02d2e42695f737c0ef5e9ea7d.jpg

i had no idea - I must find this mystery cofftea..............................
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ruff, I love dogs. Yep there is Tea flavoured coffee...or it could be a mutant Ruff, I love dogs.

img_3263.png?w=300&h=235

7c83c308b01c66a2f06bc60fb290595f.jpg

• barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    So this isn't a typical 4 bad guys that kill vs. 16 clueless innocents, it's 2 leaders that will either recruit or kill depending on their targets allegiance? So are the terms 'good' and 'bad' subjective? e.g. Xaviers team will think that Magnetos team is 'bad' but Magnetos team will think that they are 'good'. Sounds fun. And confusing. :D
  • honolululu
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

Significant?

I couldn't see where they were sipping tea, but this was mentioned

"when we meet next, it is for another cup of tea"

Maybe when it is Xavier's turn they have coffee, then when it is Magneto's turn they drink tea? Assuming they even take turns?

And then the last sentence of the story seems to imply there are more than just good team vs bad team, we also seem to have "some others" like free agents? Or maybe the superheroes can switch sides?

"Charles rolled over to his desk to make a phone call to start telling the team along with some others he knew would stand against Magneto, to start to assemble. "

EDIT: All right, 0 for 3

Didn't refresh before posting.
    Got who said tea next time wrong.
    And this slapped me in the face when I went back to read the story again
    "Charles Xavier said as he took a sip of his tea. "

Don't listen to me people. Sheesh. :)
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Well, just to show how sharp-witted I am this morning, it took me, like, five of Sakura's posts to realize she's maybe tonguetangled.

That IS a tonguetangle, right? I mean, how diabolical would it be for Sakura to pretend to love dogs and hate cats just to throw us off? On the other hand, don't special roles send in targets during the "game night"? If so, how would Sakura be tonguetangled when the tonguetangler wouldn't have sent in a name yet?

(Ruff? )

tumblr_m6nshfphJN1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

• honolululu
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Well, just to show how sharp-witted I am this morning, it took me, like, five of Sakura's posts to realize she's maybe tonguetangled.

That IS a tonguetangle, right? I mean, how diabolical would it be for Sakura to pretend to love dogs and hate cats just to throw us off? On the other hand, don't special roles send in targets during the "game night"? If so, how would Sakura be tonguetangled when the tonguetangler wouldn't have sent in a name yet?

(Ruff? )

What the heck? Heh, that sounds funny, but what is a tonguetangle? (in the context of this game)
    I've searched for how to play these "forum games" and can't find much. I did get a hit on Google just now about a past game here, where it seemed like if someone tongetangles you they can make you only post in gifs, or like here say the opposite of something? Funny.
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:

(Ruff? )

In the *shivers* Wonderland CG Jae and Sting chose to let the tongue tangler pick a player before the game started, to stir up conversation and speculation on day one. My skills of perception need sharpening Annette, I figured out Sakura was tonguetangled a couple of seconds ago when I read your post :lol:
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    She might be TT!

(By the way, even though we are playing this game in a forum setting, this is a fun game to play with a group of friends. Just google "mafia group game" and there is a lot of info out there on how to play the game in RL)
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    At my other forum (yes I have been cheating. There I have said it) you actually sign up with a character and name you make up yourself. That is where I got the Docs idea. They have some REALLY devious roles. (Docs may not be the only thing I learned at the other forum) :twisted: :twisted:
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    At my other forum (yes I have been cheating. There I have said it) you actually sign up with a character and name you make up yourself. That is where I got the Docs idea. They have some REALLY devious roles. (Docs may not be the only thing I learned at the other forum) :twisted: :twisted:

:shock: I'm a little bit scared of you :lol:

As for the TT thing, is there any significance to that role, or is it just for LOLs? humour me - I'm a noob. What happens if you don't obey the TT? Presumably it means you're toast? But, back to this game, even if "normally" the TT only strikes at night, I guess there's no reason why that should be the case this time around, given our esteemed GL's evil intentions. Or not? Maybe.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.