EA Forums - Banner

The Springfield Heights tunnel is crooked.

It's "crooked" because its an upward slope. Seems perfectly intentional.

Replies

• JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Happy tapping?
  • zackaryjm
    42 posts
    edited April 2016

Really? After reading your comment I went and looked at it. The lines don't appear to line up that way...

I always assumed that the tunnel had a curve one way and then curved back straight. :? :? :?
  • tdmdksk389
    350 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Happy tapping?

Welcome back Jim! Been wondering where you were.

OP....sorry for the hijack.
  • 4junk3000
    6080 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It definitely goes uphill. That's why it's the Heights! It's higher.
    1o9lBv9.jpg

That's why the cop waits on the downhill side - to catch speeders!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • zackaryjm
    42 posts
    edited April 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    It definitely goes uphill. That's why it's the Heights! It's higher.
    1o9lBv9.jpg

That's why the cop waits on the downhill side - to catch speeders!

I see that... but even when I look at it with that in mind... the slope that it appears to go up within the tunnel doesn't line up with the exit...
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    zackaryjm wrote:

Really? After reading your comment I went and looked at it. The lines don't appear to line up that way...

I always assumed that the tunnel had a curve one way and then curved back straight. :? :? :?

While I typically don’t sweat this kind of “small stuff”, I’ve previously noticed this issue and will admit that it bugs me just the tiniest bit — the OP is correct, the tunnel is crooked.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Tbh it's completely feasible that Springfield engineers would design a crooked tunnel.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    zackaryjm wrote:

If it was a longer tunnel, it would make sense that it was a gradual curve or incline. But this one is only about two car-lengths long. (Maybe three), and ... well ... opens at precisely the same angle onto parallel streets at each end. If it's an incline, it would have to be really steep. On the up-side, 4junk's police department is gonna make a fortune. :)

SGEjh2Y.jpg

Someday I'll send a bunch of characters to some task in SH and go to move mode and dim "buildings" which will dimd the tunnel, and watch the characters wend their way from SF to SH. :)

@4junk, I LOVE that cop car placement. ;)
  • redec69
    185 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It bothers me every day. I don't mind it being 'slanted', but the outer red portion of the tunnel should follow the same lines as the inner portion. The red parts make it look like it's just a straight tunnel (the heights side in-particular)
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I thought it was pretty clearly an incline

If you look at the beach in SH you'll see the land is quite higher than the rest of Springfield (as evidenced by the staircase). The staircase is 4 tiles wide and the tunnel shifts 4 tiles from the entrance to the exit. You can also see the inside of the tunnel sloping upwards from the outside road. It's a 4-tile incline to match the stairs on the beach

• EugeneApe
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    And it's crooked.
  • CamelRama
    171 posts Member
    edited April 2016

I've sent two characters that were grinding for me in SH back into Springfield, and each on entered the tunnel, took a few steps straight in, then made very deliberate right turn for several paces then left to align with the other half.

• zackaryjm
    42 posts
    edited April 2016
    CamelRama wrote:

I've sent two characters that were grinding for me in SH back into Springfield, and each on entered the tunnel, took a few steps straight in, then made very deliberate right turn for several paces then left to align with the other half.

Just as I suspected...
  • stephtog
    493 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I had noticed but tried to ignore it as it really grates - thanks!! :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.