EA Forums - Banner

Abrupt End to Crook & Ladder

dclegal138 wrote:
I was playing along waiting for some characters to finish tasks so I could start them on new (required) tasks when suddenly I got a message that the event was over and I was awarded the fire station. Seemed odd the way it ended - I still had tasks, but once I got the fire station, the event was done with me!

I too was a little surprised at the so-called conclusion — we’re simultaneously told that the event has ended but that tasks/storylines that clearly relate to Crook & Ladder continue. Not really complaining; just struck me as odd.

Replies

• 4junk3000
    6187 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Most of the time I'm reading complaints about events taking too long to end. Refreshing to read one about event ending too quickly.

No matter how anything is done, there WILL be a complaint about it here.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited April 2016
    Almost to he end myself
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Is the event over, or just over for those who finished it?
  • jhojnacki248
    203 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Most of the time I'm reading complaints about events taking too long to end. Refreshing to read one about event ending too quickly.

No matter how anything is done, there WILL be a complaint about it here.

And no matter how nicely put and true the complaint is, there WILL always be someone complaining about people complaining.
  • jimmyw31
    214 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I just realized that after unlocking the fire station, you can no longer set fires in neighbors' towns. Even though I don't need medals any longer, it would be nice to help out some neighbors who might still be working towards prizes ...
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm more disappointed that the "Fight fire" tasks at the Fire Station post-event:

*requires all firefighter characters you have to be free, and
    *payout is the same as combined job totals for those characters (i.e. 2x freemium, or 2x freemium + 2x premium if you bought Apu/Homer skins).

So those tasks are never gonna be used by me - have Stonecutter skins for all (+ other premiums for Apu & Homer), so I'd actually make less money/XP. :(
  • heyababy47428
    1041 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Linkwick wrote:
    I'm more disappointed that the "Fight fire" tasks at the Fire Station post-event:

*requires all firefighter characters you have to be free, and
    *payout is the same as combined job totals for those characters (i.e. 2x freemium, or 2x freemium + 2x premium if you bought Apu/Homer skins).

I didn't know this!
    This is actually one of my biggest "wants" in the game is for more group related tasks!

If the group task is animated I might change my mind about buying the Homer/Apu skin pack. If for nothing else than to show that I want some more character group based stuff. My dream is to have a group task for all my "Toughies" kids to ride their bikes around town and maybe stop to throw eggs at buildings or some other vandalism!!
  • mandiepaxton
    256 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Mine just naturally finished this morning as I got the full medals.

Mands xxx
  • stephtog
    493 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I've always thought that events - big and small - end very flatly, I'm sure someone will remind me of a whizz bang spectacular ending if there was one!!
  • ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I too was a little surprised at the so-called conclusion — we’re simultaneously told that the event has ended but that tasks/storylines that clearly relate to Crook & Ladder continue. Not really complaining; just struck me as odd.
    As I understand this:
    You have completed the event then you have unlocked the Fire Station.
    The Ralph quests that starts after you have build the Fire Station is not directly related to the event but started because of the competition of the construction of to the Fire Station building itself, just like building (the first of) some other buildings will unlock new quests.

The Ralph quests are only indirectly related to the event by the fact that the building that starts them is only unlockable doing the event
    You can wait with those quest until after event has officially ended if you want
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I got the skins and am happy with them. I can set a fire at the Kwiki Mart, Grammar School, and the Fire Station, and all 3 except Moe fight the fire from the outside. Moe always goes inside the burning buildings.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    you won tapped out!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2016
    Gary_A_D wrote:
    I got the skins and am happy with them. I can set a fire at the Kwiki Mart, Grammar School, and the Fire Station, and all 3 except Moe fight the fire from the outside. Moe always goes inside the burning buildings.

More like Moe would prefer to watch Yoga class instead of being a fire chief (to earn Yoga Mats) ;)

Used Apu and Skinner for the 24 hour task, Moe went back to Yoga Mats. I think I also sent Homer... it's not like he's needed to grind furniture right now (or trash).
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Is that why my Ralph task won't work? Or is there another thread / should I start a thread about that?
  • p3bowman
    524 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    stephtog wrote:
    I've always thought that events - big and small - end very flatly, I'm sure someone will remind me of a whizz bang spectacular ending if there was one!!
    What about when we got Maggie?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.