EA Forums - Banner

TIP: WILD WEST: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Tulumos wrote:
    Mev03 wrote:
    Should I hand in pick axes and hats to gain clues in the general store when there are no items to unlock or wait until the items are available? Currently waiting for day 6 fence to unlock so hoarding pick axes and hats but am aware I need clues to earn act 1 prizes too so not sure??

Also have read the thread about ratio of handing pick axes and hats to get either small/regular/large amount clues but it was a little confusing for my unmathematical brain!! Is it better to hand in lots of small trades or fewer large trades?

Thanks for your help! :thumbup:

I think its a personal preference. Smaller rewards earns you daily prize in one go (atleast for me) and than you can spend on biggest prizes since the biggest payout gives you better (nothing major) ratio on clues. There is no reason to withhold on spending resources whatsoever.

It's also worth noting if you're gonna hoard, there's a cap as to how many Clues you can get per day. It's on this page in fact! :)
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • honolululu
    111 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Mev03 wrote:
    Rumors and speculation, other characters that will/may have tasks in the future:

Rich Texan here's a pic from the store.
    ftGZ8kG.png?1

Paris Texan (according to another thread)

Belle (cant post pic since i already purchased her last year, secondary town is not the right level, etc.)

I do have Belle and currently i see no task for her may be unlocked later or maybe a non-resource task?

The Rich Texan does have a job, he only produces hats though, not pick axes.

:D

Obviously a typo. Should read

"Hats Town Plaza Job!"

:wink:
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I hit the cap today within 4 hours. I also reach level 5 today and realized I can't level up further until Act 2.
  • ramrod130
    534 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Wiredup11 wrote:
    You're able to tap well over 3 neighbour bandits during your friend visits.

This is how you do it:

You tap the first two times on anything (buildings, bandits). Then, when you're about to tap your last bandit, keep tapping others until the screen won't register taps anymore.

If done right, this can give you 5 to 6 (or even more, haven't gotten over 6) friend actions per neighbour.

Daily Challenges: Even though each new incoming DC will be rewarding event currency, you can still swap them out for a chance on a donut/Heights currency/money DC.

I've only been able to get 1 additional, but thanks!
  • stinkbugger
    1984 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    When you upgrade to Level 5 and unlock bandits at Krusty Burger, know that you can immediately go over to to Krusty Burger and tap on the hat. A hat doesn't appear in the upper-left icon to let you know that it's initially ready.

Since there was no hat in the upper-left icon I thought I'd have to wait 4 hours for the first batch, but I scrolled over there and KB had a hat on it.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    More on these stupid Bandits spawning. First thing this morning, I got a full Springfield after 7 hours 20 minutes, and had an empty Springfield after just 30 Bandits, which is so very pathetic. However I've noticed that with the addition of the Bandit Hideouts, it's normally about 60, which is the typical amount for spawned so during events........

Does ANYBODY else care about this?? Because I'd really appreciate your help, surely I'm not the only one having these issues???
  • Newcastlenia
    796 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So here's my question for the maths whizzes amongst us - is it possible to achieve all prizes when you completely take friends visits out of the equation? I'm invisible to all my friends(thanks for that EA) so will not receive a single prospector in my town. I am able to drop prospectors but I'm not sure if I actually gain anything from doing so?

So far I'm hoarding prospectors in the hope my cloak of invisibility will be lifted before the event finishes, but I'm not holding my breath!
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So here's my question for the maths whizzes amongst us - is it possible to achieve all prizes when you completely take friends visits out of the equation? I'm invisible to all my friends(thanks for that EA) so will not receive a single prospector in my town. I am able to drop prospectors but I'm not sure if I actually gain anything from doing so?

So far I'm hoarding prospectors in the hope my cloak of invisibility will be lifted before the event finishes, but I'm not holding my breath!

There's no maths available right now, because I can't figure out the blooming spawn rates and timings of the Bandits. However, I never visit many friends during events-sometimes only what is required by tasks-because it takes too long, and I always achieve all the prizes.
  • Newcastlenia
    796 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

There's no maths available right now, because I can't figure out the blooming spawn rates and timings of the Bandits. However, I never visit many friends during events-sometimes only what is required by tasks-because it takes too long, and I always achieve all the prizes.

That will do for me! Dropped a few prospectors this morning to test the water-my neighbours say my name doesn't come up when they tap the prospectors but we do seem to be getting craft items so all is not lost!
  • 2montmorency
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    More on these stupid Bandits spawning. First thing this morning, I got a full Springfield after 7 hours 20 minutes, and had an empty Springfield after just 30 Bandits, which is so very pathetic. However I've noticed that with the addition of the Bandit Hideouts, it's normally about 60, which is the typical amount for spawned so during events........

Does ANYBODY else care about this?? Because I'd really appreciate your help, surely I'm not the only one having these issues???

I consistently get 30 bandits as the town max., then with the hideouts (currently another 3x5) so a total of 45.

Spawn rate seems to be 5/hour, maybe 6, it's difficult to measure accurately. 5/hr means the town maxes out after 6 hours; 6/hr means it maxes out after 5 hours.

Does that help any?
  • 2montmorency
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

That will do for me! Dropped a few prospectors this morning to test the water-my neighbours say my name doesn't come up when they tap the prospectors but we do seem to be getting craft items so all is not lost!

Has anyone tried visiting you through the medal lists? Saw a post in the Showcase forum that said missing neighbours are still listed in the medal leaderboards and can be visited from there. Happy to test the waters if you'd like.
  • mathumster385
    2420 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

Has anyone tried visiting you through the medal lists? Saw a post in the Showcase forum that said missing neighbours are still listed in the medal leaderboards and can be visited from there. Happy to test the waters if you'd like.
    I just looked for my missing neighbor, Nia, on the leaderboard and I can't find her there either. :(
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

I consistently get 30 bandits as the town max., then with the hideouts (currently another 3x5) so a total of 45.

Spawn rate seems to be 5/hour, maybe 6, it's difficult to measure accurately. 5/hr means the town maxes out after 6 hours; 6/hr means it maxes out after 5 hours.

Does that help any?

It does, thanks. Can I ask some follow up questions?

Do you get on after six hours then? How long is it before you get on again?
    Have you managed to clear a Springfield of Bandits without the Bandit Hideout being full?
  • 2montmorency
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

Does that help any?

It does, thanks. Can I ask some follow up questions?

Do you get on after six hours then? How long is it before you get on again?
    Have you managed to clear a Springfield of Bandits without the Bandit Hideout being full?

I visit my town throughout the day so usually the only time I'm away for more than 4-5 hours is overnight. Overnight is usually 7-9 hours absence. Should I be away for 5-6 hours then I'll do my best to remember to count the bandits and report back.

No, I've never cleared 30 roaming bandits without the hideouts also being ready, i.e. to get 30 bandits takes more than 4 hours in my town.

Ok, off to bed now, I'll be counting and timing bandits again tomorrow! :lol:
  • 2montmorency
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So I left my town alone for just over 5 hours and came back to 30 roaming bandits.

Therefore the bandit spawn rate I'm getting is 6/hr with a max of 30, plus bandits from the hideouts. I'm currently at level 5 so I have 4 hideouts, so my bandit max is 30 + (4x5) = 50

Next question is how long do dropped prospectors have before they disappear from a neighbour's town? All good fun :lol:
  • 2montmorency
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Double post :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Snakeyees
    2344 posts Member
    edited April 2016

For this event I'm not sure, But in Past events i have a 2nd town. This town i have spent maybe $20 bucks on I have 3 friends and the other Springfield i have never bought the card that gives you more friends visit and i have won every prize for free in every event since starting that town. So I'm assuming that it will be possible.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So I should have the last main prize in the next 3 days depending on the trade-in cap. After that I will still need to trade-in hats/picks to get the daily prize even though I won't need clues.

What about the excess hats/picks I'll have before act 1 ends? Since in acts 2&3 there will be guns/coins will hats/picks be used for anything later? Will they disappear with the end of act 1? I know LPN mentioned a "last chance" at the end of the event. Will we get to use our excess then to craft items?

Anyone know?
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So I left my town alone for just over 5 hours and came back to 30 roaming bandits.

Therefore the bandit spawn rate I'm getting is 6/hr with a max of 30, plus bandits from the hideouts. I'm currently at level 5 so I have 4 hideouts, so my bandit max is 30 + (4x5) = 50

Next question is how long do dropped prospectors have before they disappear from a neighbour's town? All good fun :lol:

I can add to this information:
    So 5 hours=30 roaming Bandits
    6 hours=36 Bandits (I actually found 37, but I got back on 5 mins+ late).

This would suggest a spawn rate of 6 Bandits in an hour, 1 Bandit every 5 minutes. Tomorrow I'm going to see how many Bandits are there after 7 hours. Because I've had more than 36 bandits. The most I've had is 45, multiple times, NOT INCLUDING Bandit Hideouts. But my first two was 42, when I likely tapped quicker, and 42 is a multiple of 6. That should be significant, given what we now know. It's entirely possible I was too slow to get a 45 count.

Any thoughts?
    So I should have the last main prize in the next 3 days depending on the trade-in cap. After that I will still need to trade-in hats/picks to get the daily prize even though I won't need clues.

What about the excess hats/picks I'll have before act 1 ends? Since in acts 2&3 there will be guns/coins will hats/picks be used for anything later? Will they disappear with the end of act 1? I know LPN mentioned a "last chance" at the end of the event. Will we get to use our excess then to craft items?

Anyone know?

Please tell me you're using donuts to do so well?!
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

I can add to this information:
    So 5 hours=30 roaming Bandits
    6 hours=36 Bandits (I actually found 37, but I got back on 5 mins+ late).

This would suggest a spawn rate of 6 Bandits in an hour, 1 Bandit every 5 minutes. Tomorrow I'm going to see how many Bandits are there after 7 hours. Because I've had more than 36 bandits. The most I've had is 45, multiple times, NOT INCLUDING Bandit Hideouts. But my first two was 42, when I likely tapped quicker, and 42 is a multiple of 6. That should be significant, given what we now know. It's entirely possible I was too slow to get a 45 count.

Any thoughts?

That would be 1 Bandit every 10 minutes, but yeah, that seems about right.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.