EA Forums - Banner

Patented Springfield Designs.

*theft

I honestly wouldn't care if a design was taken or whatever. Just delete them if it bothers you so much.

Replies

• elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
  • jehenyen
    129 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've seen some stuff that is a direct lift from my town, but it doesn't bug me. It gives me a nerdy good feeling because it means someone liked my idea enough to do it themselves. It's like getting feedback in the absence of a way to leave comments for someone in game, which I really hope they do sometime.
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    elsie_d wrote:

This!
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    elsie_d wrote:

This!

Absolutely. It's not 'theft', it's a compliment. If you don't want the possibility of anyone 'stealing' your designs, delete all your friends. You'll have a lot more fun if you loosen up a little though.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Or you could have a poorly designed town, then no one would copy your designs.
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013

Yep make It look like a regular town like you can find 100s in europe or the US
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    arnoutVI wrote:

You won't find many towns in Europe with those sorts of rigid grids. It's more of an American thing. The sort of improvised, organised chaos that's built up over thousands of years you find in your average European town or city is harder to replicate in a game though.
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    sonny1618 wrote:
    elsie_d wrote:

This!

Absolutely. It's not 'theft', it's a compliment. If you don't want the possibility of anyone 'stealing' your designs, delete all your friends. You'll have a lot more fun if you loosen up a little though.

If it seemed like I was complaining in your perspective, I wasn't - rather just found it interested the guy copied the exact design and format and had written this to spark some humorous stories that apply to others.
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    I tried it partiallywith a lot of water. My little Amsterdam... Didn´t work out so well.... :oops:
  • Wait4lt
    196 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've seen a couple of my neighbors borrow my ideas, doesn't really bother me.
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    sonny1618 wrote:
    arnoutVI wrote:

You won't find many towns in Europe with those sorts of rigid grids. It's more of an American thing. The sort of improvised, organised chaos that's built up over thousands of years you find in your average European town or city is harder to replicate in a game though.

True, But even with streetcorners of 90° you can make your town organic and not planned.
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I tried it partiallywith a lot of water. My little Amsterdam... Didn´t work out so well.... :oops:

Would have looked cool, But it isn't always easy to work with water and make It look good.

So no Amsterdam or Venice Springfield for me.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    Wait4lt wrote:
    I've seen a couple of my neighbors borrow my ideas, doesn't really bother me.

I not one of those am i?? I dont think i've ever "borrowed" an idea from a neighbour lol

Had my neighbours use some of my ideas which personally dont mind....think it a complement to be honest :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • gchelf01
    239 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I plan to steal many designs from this board when I redesign but just think of as a tribute to u. I def can't come up wit half the stuff I seem on here haha
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!