EA Forums - Banner

Sea- Atl

It was a very entertaining game...next week is shaping up to be a battle of mediocre QBs....Flacco, Kaepernick, Ryan, and probably Schaub since all the teams with the better QB have lost this weekend.

Replies

• keslover17
    60 posts
    edited January 2013
    Kaepernick is looking pretty good for a rookie though, and he can be deadly due to his ability to mix up the run and pass. Hoping that Brady can pull it out to break the trend though
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    What now?
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    keslover17 wrote:
    Kaepernick is looking pretty good for a rookie though, and he can be deadly due to his ability to mix up the run and pass. Hoping that Brady can pull it out to break the trend though

Green Bay's run defense makes most people look good...not saying he won't be good at some point, but he's got a ways to go, even for a 2nd year player. I do trust that Harbaugh will get the best out of him, but at least he's exciting to watch! Brady is so good, but their offense is SO BORING since Moss left. Mad respect for being able to continually and efficiently **** and dunk down the field, and I'd definitely prefer that over Matt Schaub since he can barely make 2 reads on a single play. I'm routing for Houston, though. Boston fans perceive themselves as superior based on their sports teams, so anything that deflates the most egos makes me chuckle. The only team I really wanted to win was Seattle. * is a STUD, and its sad that he was a 3rd round pick when he most likely would have been #1 or #2 overall if he were 3 inches taller.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    What now?

lol...Football....American Football....not Canadian Football (does that still exist?)...and not FOOTball....

For those that don't know, American Football is our most popular sport. Mainly because it gives a chance for men to get away from their women on Sundays. It's probably reached it's peak of popularity: more women are watching to have another "common experience" with their men, and so men will probably start to resent it and find something else to do on Sundays. Especially as more women start to know more about football than their significant others! There have always been great women fans of football, but the number of those "fringe" fans (both men and women) has increased recently with the popularity of Fantasy Football.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ryan is a really great QB, even under insane pressure. Just getting in FG range with 30 seconds left to win his first playoff game ever today shows he is moving beyond the ranks of rooky QBs and he can really keep it together.

SF-ATL should be an awesome game next weekend, but I've got my money on ATL. Well, I would if it weren't all tied up in TSTO!
  • Silverteach
    13 posts
    edited January 2013
    I hope Brady loses!
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    What now?

lol...Football....American Football....not Canadian Football (does that still exist?)...and not FOOTball....

For those that don't know, American Football is our most popular sport. Mainly because it gives a chance for men to get away from their women on Sundays. It's probably reached it's peak of popularity: more women are watching to have another "common experience" with their men, and so men will probably start to resent it and find something else to do on Sundays. Especially as more women start to know more about football than their significant others! There have always been great women fans of football, but the number of those "fringe" fans (both men and women) has increased recently with the popularity of Fantasy Football.

OH! I thought josh was having issues spelling Seattle! :lol:
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited January 2013
    I really want the SB matchup I wanted last year. The Harbaugh bowl
  • imfkool
    1111 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm not really into football at all. just don't understand it :? But anyone excited for the NHL to start up?
  • greggarber21
    8 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    Ryan is a really great QB, even under insane pressure. Just getting in FG range with 30 seconds left to win his first playoff game ever today shows he is moving beyond the ranks of rooky QBs and he can really keep it together.

SF-ATL should be an awesome game next weekend, but I've got my money on ATL. Well, I would if it weren't all tied up in TSTO!

* >>> Matt Ryan.

Give RW some receivers like White and Jones and he'd be even more incredible.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:

Your location gives your opinion very little validity; you are most likely an Atlanta fan. That was a great drive to finish off the game. I sort of agree with you; I think he's a really solid player, but I'd probably put their offense should be UNSTOPPABLE with Julio Jones, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, and Turner/Rodgers. 5 years and 1 playoff win--not too great. I'd take Luck or Wilson in a heartbeat over Ryan...and I don't think it's even close. Maybe he'll start to emerge after a really good season and the change at OC. (You should be VERY happy that I'm criticizing Ryan; it most likely means that Atlanta will win the Super Bowl! I have an amazing track-record of reverse-jinxing people when I talk semi-negatively about them. Even though I'm not really talking bad about him; I just don't think he's great. )
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:

Your location gives your opinion very little validity; you are most likely an Atlanta fan. That was a great drive to finish off the game. I sort of agree with you; I think he's a really solid player, but I'd probably put their offense should be UNSTOPPABLE with Julio Jones, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, and Turner/Rodgers. 5 years and 1 playoff win--not too great. I'd take Luck or Wilson in a heartbeat over Ryan...and I don't think it's even close. Maybe he'll start to emerge after a really good season and the change at OC. (You should be VERY happy that I'm criticizing Ryan; it most likely means that Atlanta will win the Super Bowl! I have an amazing track-record of reverse-jinxing people when I talk semi-negatively about them. Even though I'm not really talking bad about him; I just don't think he's great. )
    To be continued here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9251001.page
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!