EA Forums - Banner

Banned from forum message

it switched on april 1st. nice april fool. disabling your access to ea forum :(

Replies

• cskelton
    4 posts
    edited April 2016
    1VolMan wrote:
    For the last few weeks I've gotten a message saying I'm banned when I try to visit this forum / site. Obviously I'm not, or I couldn't post this thread.

"You have been banned from this forum. If you have any questions, please contact the Administrator. Thank you."

I spoke with EA and they were not able to fix the situation, saying they were not showing an issue. Fast forward to yesterday and I opened my phone browser when not on wi-fi and the site opened just fine. After some detective work, I've figured out that the issue appears to be isp related. On April 1st my isp switched from Verizon Fios to Frontier communications. I'm able to access the forum on any network except Frontier. Why it says I'm banned, I have no idea. I'm contacting them now and will let you know what I find out.

If you're having issues, this may be part of the problem.

I think this is fixed now. From some poking around similar to yours I think the IP the forum thinks you were coming from was incorrect for a while.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited April 2016
    1VolMan wrote:
    For the last few weeks I've gotten a message saying I'm banned when I try to visit this forum / site. Obviously I'm not, or I couldn't post this thread.

"You have been banned from this forum. If you have any questions, please contact the Administrator. Thank you."

I spoke with EA and they were not able to fix the situation, saying they were not showing an issue. Fast forward to yesterday and I opened my phone browser when not on wi-fi and the site opened just fine. After some detective work, I've figured out that the issue appears to be isp related. On April 1st my isp switched from Verizon Fios to Frontier communications. I'm able to access the forum on any network except Frontier. Why it says I'm banned, I have no idea. I'm contacting them now and will let you know what I find out.

If you're having issues, this may be part of the problem.

I think this is fixed now. From some poking around similar to yours I think the IP the forum thinks you were coming from was incorrect for a while.

I think you're right. Seems to be working again.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!