EA Forums - Banner

How many 'Fremium' players made it to Wes Doobner?

Replies

• edited May 2016
    I'm 3200 clues short with 7hrs left.. Been logging in 3-4 times per day for the majority of the event, I admit at the beginning I only managed to log in 2-3 times per day but I didn't think it would hurt me that much. Logging in 4 times per day at 4hr intervals is too much in my opinion. Oh well, they gotta make money somehow.
  • DrumminBeard
    182 posts
    edited May 2016
    ojbee wrote:
    I got it today. I deliberately did it slowly since all the posts pointed to reserving picks and hats for next acts.

Same. I'm in good shape for next round as well, with about 7K each of pickaxes/hats.

There were a few days that I struggled to log in more than once, due to phone issues; but even so, I was never worried about not getting him.

I'd planned to wait until the last possible moment, but I handed in too many post-daily challenge bundles early. I didn't account for the TEN REQUIRED BUNDLES for today's set of donuts. If it weren't for that, I would have quite a few more axes/hats.
  • Big82S
    565 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You think it would make sense to add a msg option to actually click on a friends town and send them a message. Maybe it could even come up with a text icon from a friend like a character in the game. You can only send a message every so often though so it doesn't cloud up the inventory. Like 5 every ten or 15 mins.

Just something to communicate.

I'm pretty sure there's no option like this.

KrCvFAiiUPTwY.gif
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Nowhere near to getting that final prize. Haven't been able to play half the time because every time there's an update, the update won't load because it thinks there's no room left no matter how much space I clear on my phone. I can't keep uninstalling and reinstalling this game every few days. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Thanks EA. This may be the end of the road for me.
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I am gonna get it on my freemium board before the time expires, prob within the next hour or so, I only need 20 more clues.
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    12:47 am the day act 2 will be read and I finally got him.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I made it yesterday with my freemium account. FWIW, I think I must have played more frequently than I usually do for events because my freemium account also finished 3rd on my neighbourhood leaderboard.
  • cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I completed a week ago. I made sure I was collecting the currency I needed and now have 8,000 axes and 5,000 hats for the next round. I would have had a lot more but my father had a stroke at the weekend so I've been otherwise engaged. Not sure how I'm going to do for the rest of the event now. Some things are just more important.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • laurapound81
    217 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    maggiesmob wrote:
    OP - laurapounds asked you: Have you claimed all your clues via the shop, I know that sounds silly to ask but my friend came over & she didn't realise that they were giving you clues as well, just that you had to use the hats & pickaxes to unlock the daily prize!
    hughejars wrote:
    Yep claimed all prizes :?

Erm, y-e-a-h you claimed the prizes, but did you continue to trade in/hand in the pick axes and hats after you claimed the prize?

How many pick axes and hats do you have right now?

Because just as Laura said there have been many many peeps who didn't realize you get clues from the General store, you just trade trade trade for more after you've gotten your daily prize.

I got the Rib Hut on Friday. I did have the Rich Texan, but I think I would have gotten Wes just as easy with out him.

Does anyone know if the original poster made it? Just wondered if he had carried on trading his pickaxes & hats for clues!?
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    In my opinion I have noticed that this event has been a tad more "grindier" than other events, no? Usually with other events I would finish with ease on my freemium board with 3 days or so to spare. This time however I finished with just 2 hours to spare but on another freemium board I finished this morning, playing the same amount, every 4 hours, with the same amount of characters. On my premium board I finished 3 days ago when I usually finish 5-6 days ahead of schedule. Granted, I started the event a day late, I had no idea there was an update and could not access the forum at the time. I've also noticed that atleast half my neighbours did not get the last prize, most didn't even come close. My husband is pretty peeved, I think he got as far as 20,000 clues and played 3-4 times a day and is also premium. He told me it was asking 365 donuts to rush. As if. I hope the last prize of act 1 is offered up at some point for those who missed out.
  • itzipg
    51 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I got him yesterday, but I could have got him maybe 1-2 days sooner.
    The first days I only completed 4 projects because I didn't see the point in turning in more since I couldn't get another daily prize till the next day. I saved the pickaxes-hats to complete more projects the last week or so of the first act (didn't reach the cap, not sure if there was one).
    I sadly didn't have much time to visit neighbours, but I saved many prospectors and let them loose in the last 3 days.
    All in all I didn't feel it was too grindy (Terwilligers felt grindier to me) I logged 3 or 4 times a day and didn't have any premium characters to help with pickaxes/hats.
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I usually manage to get all the prizes in events, but this time I didn't make it to Wes Doobner. I'm not quite sure why this one was different. I spent 65 donuts to get the Rib Hut three minutes before the cutoff, because I do like anything to do with Sideshow Bob.
  • ness382
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes, I got him on the last day. If I hadn't had three days away from game last week, it would have been even easier.

I log on three times a day, totally freemium 8)
  • philong67
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    maybe this event requires a little more grinding because i got the last prize a day before deadline. i usually finish 3+ days early on most events.
  • AztecSquirrel
    5 posts
    edited May 2016
    Missed out by 300 clues. Was a bit disappointed but wasn't gonna spend 35 hard earned donuts on speeding it up. Hopefully the next one I will get to the end.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Made it in 2 of my towns, but was short in my 3rd town. I would have to spend 100 donuts to finish there and not worth it.
    I did tap a lot though but no donuts used in any town.
  • chud3
    143 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    missed it by a couple of hundred clues. i was in new orleans at jazz fest all week so couldn't grind as much as usual, but it was REALLY frustrating to get that close. : /
  • Annathewicked
    4721 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Ended up paying about 70D
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • 4junk3000
    5741 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yep, i missed it.

But it looks like I'll be missing more prizes. This second act has only been live for a few hours, and i just collected all i could to get to around 450 badges. Meanwhile dozens of my neighbors already have over 2000 badges.

It seems the preference towards premiums is obvious this event.

Oh well! Just a game collecting pictures. Of rocks, this time. No biggie.
  • Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You don't need premium characters at all. I didn't have any for the first Act.

I'm not sure what people are doing to come up short. I just collected all the bandits and prospectors in my town, sent all characters to the town square, made the largest trades, and clicked neighbor bandits.

The only thing I can figure is not making trades even after you get the daily prize.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.