EA Forums - Banner

my update keeps timing out and starting over. why isnt the method of update from where left off used

Go into settings>general>about to see how much room you have left on it. Also, kill the app from the multitasking bar and restart it. See if that helps.

Replies

• mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    Last resort is to delete and install the game again. But please make sure you have you're not playing anonymously. :)
  • Nogard0
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    i am on an iPad 2 iOS 6.0.1

space left 390 mb out of 32 gb.

this is a fresh install have not played it yet ... still updating and start over and updating and start over and ...

i deleted BEFORE the xmas update. and downloaded again about jan 8th.
    how much room are the 42 updates ? i have never been able to get past #1 ,
    and how much time would it take so i can keep lock from happening ? got it set to 5 minutes now.

i played a few times BEFORE the holidays. then deleted and can t play since.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm, I think it was 80plusmb worth of updates. Perhaps try installing it again? But looking at the space you have, I'm not sure about this but it could be too little space left? IDK.

With regards to how long it should take to download all the updates, I really don't know. But I think your estimate of 5 minutes should be pretty accurate.
  • Nogard0
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    yeah could be too little pace left esecially when the system told ne a 63 mb game couldnt dwnload with 1+ gb space left ... why all the download overhead ??? crazy !

give me. the days when download meant it could be done in that amount of space with little overhead !
  • Nogard0
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    got it to finish ... finally.
  • Nogard0
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    i finished this update a few days ago and started playing a few days. ... why does it look like i am downloading the same one right now ???
    its enough to make me say goodbye !

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!