EA Forums - Banner

Can't complete Wild West acts

Definitely add friends. Look at the friends thread in the sticky at the top of the page or post that you want friends.
You'll get your visits that way and your friends will drop prospectors for you.
Other than that just tap as much as you can.....but dont sweat about it, its a game and just get the prizes that you can.

Replies

• geekbyknight
    656 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm logging in three times a day, haven't bothered with friends other than dropping prospectors, and I'm ahead of schedule. Don't really know how people are struggling as much as they are.
  • drprimo
    259 posts
    edited May 2016
    How many badges do you have so far? How many General Store trades are you doing a day, the minimum 5 or are you doing more after you get the daily prize? What size trades are you doing?
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    breekasey wrote:
    I am not able to complete the Wild West acts because there isn't enough time given. Plus I have no friends to get extra points/pieces. The acts should have more time, increase the qty received or lower the qty's needed. Anyone have any suggestions.

You need to exchange hats, guns, and pickaxes at the General Store until it tells you the General Store is exhausted for the day. Don't just get the prize and stop. This is where you should get most of your badges.
  • tfrnk
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm logging in three times a day, haven't bothered with friends other than dropping prospectors, and I'm ahead of schedule. Don't really know how people are struggling as much as they are.

I'm with you....max out the general store every morn when I log-on. Am only a few hundred away from completing Act 2...then have to wait for over 5 days for Act 3 to begin. Ugh.

TO THE PERSON WHO BEGAN THIS THREAD: Feel free to add me - tfrnk - as I visit my neighbors regularly. I always have room after events because I drop dead weight if they haven't played in 8+ weeks.
  • someonewashere
    1769 posts Member
    edited May 2016

In act I i only tapped twice day and still managed freemium town 0 friends.

Suggestion: Use those Prospectors...get rid of em.... even if friends dont tap em youll still get a nice chunk of resources.

With neighbors visiting the max amount (first 30 taps right?) 10-14 days (is act II 14 days?) should be 300-420 badges basically the amount of one trade.

Premium town is on the last prize, about 6k away from last prize (i could force it but what will i do until monday?)

So its quite doable but there are difficulties, especially if you havent unlocked the characters needed for the event.
  • breekasey
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I am tapping, clearing the store and also added a friend. I log in every 4 hours or less. Doing jobs to create items and everything else that's is available until it's no longer available. Still not getting very far in a decent amount of time to complete an act. Have 5 days to go and will be lucky to get the 2nd to the last prize of act 2.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Definitely add friends.

Look at the friends thread in the sticky at the top of the page or post that you want friends.
    You'll get your visits that way and your friends will drop prospectors for you.
    Other than that just tap as much as you can.....but dont sweat about it, its a game and just get the prizes that you can.

Link to Friends thread:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10392870.page

Link to Wild West Q&A Strategy thread:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10410249.page
    Insanity Laughs. Under Pressure We’re Cracking.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    breekasey wrote:
    I am tapping, clearing the store and also added a friend. I log in every 4 hours or less. Doing jobs to create items and everything else that's is available until it's no longer available. Still not getting very far in a decent amount of time to complete an act. Have 5 days to go and will be lucky to get the 2nd to the last prize of act 2.

It sounds like you may be doing something wrong then.

How many badges do you currently have?
    How many do you generally get each day?
    How many axes/hats/guns do you have?

• alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Just wanted to throw my "hat" in this thread

Add me too! LVL 59 player, playing daily.

Playing every 4 hours while awake- finished act 1 with 3 days to spare and will be finished act 2 today, no donuts used.

Threads like this one crop up during each event- I'm always surprised-- this one has been especially easy. Hopefully you just missed something (like being able to trade until the store is exhausted)

Good luck!
  • sk3tched0u158
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Lost 3 days due to internet issues sent out the 150 prospectors I had and was able to jump right back today. This has been probably the least demanding update I've seen. 2 taps a day is all I did before I lost WiFi and haven't had one issue with this event since glitches stopped.

Edit:typos
  • breekasey
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Subject: Wild West stats
    I have 19479 badges, 29472 axes, 84 hats and 518 guns.
    I'm not sure how many badges I get every day. I do the list of actions with apu, marge, homer and all them. I clear all the bandits everytime I play and clear the store until there is no more. Plus do the big bandit every day. This is as of this morning.

I didnt finish the first act. I missed the last prize. Don't know what else I could be doing wrong.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    breekasey wrote:
    I'm not sure how many badges I get every day. I do the list of actions with apu, marge, homer and all them. I clear all the bandits everytime I play and clear the store until there is no more. Plus do the big bandit every day. This is as of this morning.

I didnt finish the first act. I missed the last prize. Don't know what else I could be doing wrong.

That's an awful lot of axes. You do realize that you can also produce hats and guns to trade at the store?
  • lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ForumNerds has posted a similar "how to" that may be a little easier for you to use.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10410249.page
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    bette3900 wrote:
    breekasey wrote:

That's an awful lot of axes. You do realize that you can also produce hats and guns to trade at the store?

THIS!! The stats are pretty clear; you've been making axes all along and not switching to the other currencies. I can't imagine any other way to wind up with such a disparity. You will find it far easier if you start producing the resources you need and stop producing axes!!
  • breekasey
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It's possible I'm not moving very fast because according to the other forum list, I don't have all the characters, the only ones I have are apu, moe, snake, bart, Cletus, marge, homer and gummy joe. Which all pay out axes and badges. I also have chief wiggum which I have noticed the apostrophe on the saloon goes away when I send him on a job. I figure he is some how connected to the wild west game but I don't have jobs for him that pertain other than locking himself in jail and that pays out in cash.

So if I need to switch to other currencies how is that done?

I really appreciate everyone's help on this.
  • lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    breekasey wrote:
    It's possible I'm not moving very fast because according to the other forum list, I don't have all the characters, the only ones I have are apu, moe, snake, bart, Cletus, marge, homer and gummy joe. Which all pay out axes and badges. I also have chief wiggum which I have noticed the apostrophe on the saloon goes away when I send him on a job. I figure he is some how connected to the wild west game but I don't have jobs for him that pertain other than locking himself in jail and that pays out in cash.

In order for Wiggum to earn currency, your Town Plaza(Saloon) has to be leveled up to level 9 or 10.

Read down this list til you see the member named ForumNerds. This will give you the information you seek.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10410249.page

Hope this helps you :}

• alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    breekasey wrote:

I don't know off hand what the labels are called but, when all your characters are free, go to the town plaza. You should have two blue buttons that say 'Start', I think, but again, I don't remember what the headings are, I'll have to check my game when it's free....

So anyway, you click the bottom one, and it 'll let you send each of your characters on the axe task. If you click the other one, it'll let you send one of three characters out- one for hats, one for guns and one for axes. You can only pick one. So if you pick 'axes', then you have to wait 4 hours before you can switch again. So, pick hats or guns. THEN, go to the town plaza, and all of your characters there will have a task to build hats (or guns) depending on what you chose..

Sorry for the guessing above-- if I had screenshots or something, I'm sure they're somewhere on the forum.
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Alright to clarify my response

When all your characters are free
    Go to the town plaza, click on "Start a craze". Pick one (hats, guns, or axes).
    Then, you can send all available plaza characters on their tasks, they'll all produce whatever you chose in "Start a craze"

• breekasey
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Many,many, many thanks to all of you who helped me understand this game. Now that I know what to do i have to admit it should be easy from now on. I know it's too late for act 1 but hoping I will make a speedy recovery with act 2. I have to confess I just didn't slow down enough to figure out the way the town plaza worked. I really do appreciate everyone's help. I have gained two neighbors thru this process and will possibly add more as this journey continues. Again thanks so much to each and everyone for your help.
  • TWoods826
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Act 2 has been impossible for me, and I have no idea why or what I'm doing wrong. I see most of my friends have already reached the final prize days ago. I'm no where near the last prize, still haven't even unlocked the hats. I'm at around 23,000, I've done everything that I can with my resources. I've switched to ones that are lacking, then at the end of the day I spend all of what I have on what I can and accumulate again for the next day. Act 1 wasn't as bad, but I couldn't seem to get ahead in this act and I was on frequently each day. Plus sending prospectors when they got to a good number but I never got much back from them. I almost wonder if there was something keeping me from getting much resources, cause I've been finding it extremely hard to even hand in projects.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!