EA Forums - Banner

Why can't I trigger "the price of donuts" quest?

Just checking, but are all your previous level tasks completed - everything before level 55? If not, it might be that you've unlocked level 55 but the game isn't ready to let you move on until some earlier task is done.

Maybe try & store CBG? Sometimes storing the triggering character & then taking back out of storage does the trick. Keep in mind that storing CBG will also store Android Dungeon - this will probably reset your bandit release/cash collection for the Android Dungeon, so you might want to do this right after collecting from the Android Dungeon.

Replies

• 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The quest needs you to be on level 55, needs the level 54 questline (Ruth Powers) complete (or at least started), and needs the hotel built. If you've got all that, make sure CBG and Declan are free.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Have you built the Seething Sisters? Do you have Jimbo?
  • edited May 2016
    I'm level 59, and I'm missing a lot of quests. But nothing is highlighted yellow. The ONLY quest I have active that is not completed(besides the normal ongoing ones) is one in krustyland.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    If you are talking about the Princess Penelope quest, you will have to complete it before you will be able to move on to the next quests. You generally have to have the building completed for the level in order to get to the next level quest to start.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Princess Penelope's quest in Krustyland is the main questline for level 43. You'll now need to develop Krustyland past the Duff Pavilion and the Giant Wheel in order to progress in regular Springfield. On the plus side, you've got 16 levels of quests to look forward to after Princess Penelope :)
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I have heard of a few quests that didn't start for people, but they involved the hospital and you are probably way past that. Try to finish everything in your task book. You have to finish Level 43 (Princess Penelope) to go further. That may take some time if you haven't worked on Krustyland.
  • edited May 2016
    00becker wrote:
    Princess Penelope's quest in Krustyland is the main questline for level 43. You'll now need to develop Krustyland past the Duff Pavilion and the Giant Wheel in order to progress in regular Springfield. On the plus side, you've got 16 levels of quests to look forward to after Princess Penelope :)

Crap. I didn't know that was a main quest. I don't ever do krustyland. I felt as if it was a pointless addon. I have no way to get the tickets needed to do it.
  • edited May 2016
    So since it was going to take me months to get the tickets needed for the quest...I bought them...

so in 24 hours maybe then I can proceed.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    If you're looking to progress Krustyland you should:

1. Send characters on quests there instead of in Springfield. If you're also working on the event, the monorail, and Springfield Heights, I would suggest prioritizing the event over Krustyland until you've completed the prize track and the monorail over Krustyland until you've got your weekly bonuts. But prioritize Krustyland over Springfield Heights until you've got enough tickets for Princess Penelope and the Giant Wheel. Homer, Krusty, Cletus, Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, Martin, Skinner, Comic Book Guy, Wiggum, Nelson, Lenny, Carl, Gina, and Marge all have jobs in Krustyland. Have a look at the walkthroughs for when they unlock.

2. If your XP is at level 59, purchase Gina and the Prison Bus. Her questline won't start until the level 58 character is placed but you should be able to unlock her immediately upon your XP reaching her level. She has tasks in Krustyland.

3. Increase your Krust-o-meter to as many stars as you're able (five stars if possible). The number of Krustyland visitors you have is tied to the Krust-o-meter and they generate revenue every four hours. Don't worry if you can't make it back to collect every four hours though - they'll keep generating tickets for 24 hours.

4. Do not buy extra Krustyland Burgers or Gift Shops while you're trying to increase revenue - only the first one pays out tickets. If it's the cheapest way to bump your Krust-o-meter, ok. But otherwise wait 'til you're not needing the tickets to buy the rides if you want more to decorate.

5. Don't buy decos past what you need for the Krust-o-meter impact. This can wait until after you've unlocked Princess Penelope.

6. Consider buying a premium character who has jobs in Krustyland: Sideshow Mel, Otto, Kearney, Moleman, Squeaky-voiced Teen, Jessica Lovejoy, and Sherri & Terri can all go to Krustyland. If you're wanting one of them anyway it might be a good time to buy. Check the walkthrough for when their tasks in Krustyland unlock before you buy though. But don't pay full price for Kearney or Squeaky-voiced Teen - they're available through the mystery boxes. I do not recommend spending doughnuts on Krustyland-specific items (ie. rides) if you don't like Krustyland though. Unless you enjoy Krustyland make sure any doughnut purchases have a use in regular Springfield too.

7. Check your $/XP multiplier items in Springfield - some of them are placeable in Krustyland and will bump your ticket revenue. The Itchy & Scratchy billboard from the mystery boxes and the Valentine's pond are two multiplier items that will go in Krustyland.

8. Play the Sideshow You game in Krustyland every eight hours. It'll pay out tickets, and as a bonus you'll get five doughnuts every 100 or so games (every 300 or 360 balloon pops - not completely sure of the number but it's about this).

Also, note:
    If you felt the same way about Springfield Heights as you did about Krustyland and decided not to work on it, you'll end up in the same boat once you reach the level 58 questline. The Springfield Country Club is a required build for level 58 and it costs yoga mats (a Springfield Heights currency).

[edit: typos, and adding tips 7 and 8]
  • edited May 2016
    Thanks for the info. I did work on heights some, but not much. Can't ever get enough coffee.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    A bit of research will probably get you some info on the quickest path to yoga mat production and upgrading yoga mat storage. If you're not interested in the heights in general you should still be able to progress enough for the country club purchase.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.