EA Forums - Banner

Time to Drop prospectors

Prev1
MaxxSpider
5465 posts Member
MaxxSpider wrote:
Act 3 is upon us. Now i can start to drop my 780 prospectors.
:lol::lol::lol:

Replies

  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You may want to wait a day or two. After act 2 started I dropped 300+ prospectors and received zero guns. I don't know if it was because most of my friends hadn't started yet or what. I'll be dropping my 400+ in a couple of days just in case.
  • mystery2mi
    2353 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I didn't hoard prospectors. I used them to help my neighbors that were close to getting the final prize from Act 2.
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, I went on a spree this morning - more to come neighbors!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You may want to wait a day or two. After act 2 started I dropped 300+ prospectors and received zero guns. I don't know if it was because most of my friends hadn't started yet or what. I'll be dropping my 400+ in a couple of days just in case.

    All my drops yield me all of one kind of material - mostly pick axes... see how the pick-up later is
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • kymagirl
    155 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I kind of do an inverted help on the first day of the new act:
      [li]if you're a geek like me & you're playing right at the start of the event, then you get five prospectors;[/li] [li]if it's @four hours in, then you get four prospectors;[/li] [li]@eight hours in, you get three prospectors;[/li] [li]twelve hours in or more, you get two prospectors.[/li]
    After that it's whoever's returning prospectors, though there are some days when everybody gets 1 or 2 prospectors cause I'm feeling nice.

    Last days of an act, most of my prospectors go to those near a prize level.
  • BirdFlower
    13 posts
    edited May 2016
    How did you benefit from hoarding?

    Everyone benefits from sharing. If the recipient picks off the prospectors within a certain time frame - I think 8 hours - the sender gets additional resources. And people who understand that appreciate the drops and reciprocate as best they are able. But that's a nicety. I do it as much as I can. But I give more to players who are still trying to reach their target at the end each act.

    Tip #1: if you want to know who is giving you prospectors resync right after you log in. it fixes EA's programming omission.

    Tip #2: check your friends list when you're giving. Chances of your prospectors being received are better if your friend is still logged in.
  • BirdFlower
    13 posts
    edited May 2016
    You may want to wait a day or two. After act 2 started I dropped 300+ prospectors and received zero guns. I don't know if it was because most of my friends hadn't started yet or what. I'll be dropping my 400+ in a couple of days just in case.
    It doesn't matter. You just send your characters on the other tasks to even things up. There's plenty of time to do that if you don't hoard.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Act 3 is upon us. Now i can start to drop my 780 prospectors.

    Question: Will you drop them like they are hot?
  • MonsterMazh
    296 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    mystery2mi wrote:
    I didn't hoard prospectors. I used them to help my neighbors that were close to getting the final prize from Act 2.


    And me - however, since Act 3 started all that I have dropped have given me gold coins.
  • TwigletStyx
    1039 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Act 3 is upon us. Now i can start to drop my 780 prospectors.

    Question: Will you drop them like they are hot?

    Hot Rocks? Potatoes? Tacos?

    (PS ~ No room @ the Inn)
    mystery2mi wrote:
    I didn't hoard prospectors. I used them to help my neighbors that were close to getting the final prize from Act 2.

    +1

    Sent most out as soon as I got them.
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Act 3 is upon us. Now i can start to drop my 780 prospectors.

    Question: Will you drop them like they are hot?

    Hot Rocks? Potatoes? Tacos?

    (PS ~ No room @ the Inn)

    Potatoes, usually....

  • Lancemountain37
    258 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    mystery2mi wrote:
    I didn't hoard prospectors. I used them to help my neighbors that were close to getting the final prize from Act 2.

    thanks neighbor!

    I did the same- once I get them I spread them out to my regulars.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    due to the lack of bonuts you might as well not bother
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • kymagirl
    155 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    BirdFlower wrote:
    How did you benefit from hoarding?

    Everyone benefits from sharing. If the recipient picks off the prospectors within a certain time frame - I think 8 hours - the sender gets additional resources. And people who understand that appreciate the drops and reciprocate as best they are able. But that's a nicety. I do it as much as I can. But I give more to players who are still trying to reach their target at the end each act.
    Each individual plays this game using their own strategy. Some may choose to give their prospectors soon after receiving them. Some may choose to give their prospectors away at the beginning of an act to give friends a "rush" to encourage them. Some may choose to give their prospector away at the end of an act or an event. Some may choose to have an odd "schedule" as to when they give prospectors (me). Some may choose to give prospectors in a way I haven't thought of. But to me, no one strategy is right or wrong...it's up to each individual how to tap & have fun.

    OP indicated they had 780 prospectors to drop (share) - assuming they earned 390 each in Act 1 & 2 (& not counting any to be earned in Act 3), and that they have 100 friends to allocate their prospectors to, then we're talking 3.9 prospectors per friend for act 1 & act 2 or 7.8 prospectors per friend for act 3 (yes, I know you can't give a fraction of a prospector away).

    Individually, 3.9 (or even 7.8) prospectors doesn't result in a large number of resources for someone, but collectively within a group of 100 friends sharing with one another, that impact is much greater.

    Everyone does benefit from sharing - sharing in-game resources, as well as sharing their game play in a public forum. As long as players continue to share with one another, I'm not sure that it matters overly much at what point in the event someone shares prospectors.

    As Leonard Nimoy put it in one of his poems & final tweets: "The miracle is this - The more we share the more we have."
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    kymagirl wrote:
    BirdFlower wrote:
    How did you benefit from hoarding?

    Everyone benefits from sharing. If the recipient picks off the prospectors within a certain time frame - I think 8 hours - the sender gets additional resources. And people who understand that appreciate the drops and reciprocate as best they are able. But that's a nicety. I do it as much as I can. But I give more to players who are still trying to reach their target at the end each act.
    Each individual plays this game using their own strategy. Some may choose to give their prospectors soon after receiving them. Some may choose to give their prospectors away at the beginning of an act to give friends a "rush" to encourage them. Some may choose to give their prospector away at the end of an act or an event. Some may choose to have an odd "schedule" as to when they give prospectors (me). Some may choose to give prospectors in a way I haven't thought of. But to me, no one strategy is right or wrong...it's up to each individual how to tap & have fun.

    OP indicated they had 780 prospectors to drop (share) - assuming they earned 390 each in Act 1 & 2 (& not counting any to be earned in Act 3), and that they have 100 friends to allocate their prospectors to, then we're talking 3.9 prospectors per friend for act 1 & act 2 or 7.8 prospectors per friend for act 3 (yes, I know you can't give a fraction of a prospector away).

    Individually, 3.9 (or even 7.8) prospectors doesn't result in a large number of resources for someone, but collectively within a group of 100 friends sharing with one another, that impact is much greater.

    Everyone does benefit from sharing - sharing in-game resources, as well as sharing their game play in a public forum. As long as players continue to share with one another, I'm not sure that it matters overly much at what point in the event someone shares prospectors.

    As Leonard Nimoy put it in one of his poems & final tweets: "The miracle is this - The more we share the more we have."

    I am playing this game for myself and my benefit. The reason i hoarded prospectors was because when i send out the first 5 or so i had i noticed that i got picks and hats back. I also noticed that there were 2 other categories that we were not collecting for yet. (Guns and Coins). So my logic was that if i wait until we can get all 4 currencies and drop my prospectors in act 3 then i have more chance to get the rarer currency of coins. I am still helping my neighbors at this time because they are getting prospectors now. better late then never. I do not try to give them evenly. I drop as many as i can in each town as i go by. some get 10 and some get 0 as they are already full.
  • BirdFlower
    13 posts
    edited May 2016
    Okay, I've heard your explanations. Here's my point:

    Sharing resources helps you and your friends reach prizes faster. Conversely: there is no point in sharing your prospectors with people who have already completed the act/event. I started Act 1 late. If people like you had shared more with me earlier 1) I wouldn't have been consumed the last few days of the first act. I was close to the finish, trying to find enough resources to complete it (I did, at the deadline - stressed out) and 2) my B game would also have been completed: not done.

    I did better in act 2. I'm grateful for all the prospectors I got until I'd claimed all the prizes. After that, resources couldn't be used to generate anything - like donuts in Las Vegas event. Some of the people who gave me prospectors anyway weren't done yet themselves and they needed the rewards. That's okay. They believed I'd come through for them. I did. At the end, some people like me gave prospectors just to friends who badly needed them. With any event, after I've finished I have no use for your (3.4 prospectors.) You can give (seven prospectors) to someone else who's still working at it. Whether real life or game: donate to those in need, not the wealthy and successful.

    You do what you think is best. I accept that. But there are other ways of approaching the game. It's lonely at the top of the mountain and I feel good when I've helped other people get there too. In TSTO it doesn't cost me a penny.
  • BirdFlower
    13 posts
    edited May 2016
    mystery2mi wrote:
    I didn't hoard prospectors. I used them to help my neighbors that were close to getting the final prize from Act 2.
    Mystery2:
    "I taw I taw a puddy tat." Nope, a human being. Good for you. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    chrisgyo wrote:
    due to the lack of bonuts you might as well not bother

    truth
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    BirdFlower wrote:
    Okay, I've heard your explanations. Here's my point:

    Sharing resources helps you and your friends reach prizes faster. Conversely: there is no point in sharing your prospectors with people who have already completed the act/event. I started Act 1 late. If people like you had shared more with me earlier 1) I wouldn't have been consumed the last few days of the first act. I was close to the finish, trying to find enough resources to complete it (I did, at the deadline - stressed out) and 2) my B game would also have been completed: not done.

    I did better in act 2. I'm grateful for all the prospectors I got until I'd claimed all the prizes. After that, resources couldn't be used to generate anything - like donuts in Las Vegas event. Some of the people who gave me prospectors anyway weren't done yet themselves and they needed the rewards. That's okay. They believed I'd come through for them. I did. At the end, some people like me gave prospectors just to friends who badly needed them. With any event, after I've finished I have no use for your (3.4 prospectors.) You can give (seven prospectors) to someone else who's still working at it. Whether real life or game: donate to those in need, not the wealthy and successful.

    You do what you think is best. I accept that. But there are other ways of approaching the game. It's lonely at the top of the mountain and I feel good when I've helped other people get there too. In TSTO it doesn't cost me a penny.

    I agree, I got loads of prospectors sent after I'd got all the prizes, really I needed them before to help me. I only hoard up to about 50 ish the last couple of days before the act ends to give me a good start for the next This works for me.

    I like to help neighbours who are nearly finished, and I stop sending to neighbours who I know have all the prizes.

    I've deleted a lot of neighbours who haven't sent me anything back, I don't like doing it but there's no point in
    Keeping them if they don't send me anything, either because of hoarding or whatever. Yep it's everyone's choice how they play, my choice is I don't like hoarders. I'm down to 40 friends now and I like it. :D
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    BirdFlower wrote:
    Okay, I've heard your explanations. Here's my point:

    Sharing resources helps you and your friends reach prizes faster. Conversely: there is no point in sharing your prospectors with people who have already completed the act/event. I started Act 1 late. If people like you had shared more with me earlier 1) I wouldn't have been consumed the last few days of the first act. I was close to the finish, trying to find enough resources to complete it (I did, at the deadline - stressed out) and 2) my B game would also have been completed: not done.

    I did better in act 2. I'm grateful for all the prospectors I got until I'd claimed all the prizes. After that, resources couldn't be used to generate anything - like donuts in Las Vegas event. Some of the people who gave me prospectors anyway weren't done yet themselves and they needed the rewards. That's okay. They believed I'd come through for them. I did. At the end, some people like me gave prospectors just to friends who badly needed them. With any event, after I've finished I have no use for your (3.4 prospectors.) You can give (seven prospectors) to someone else who's still working at it. Whether real life or game: donate to those in need, not the wealthy and successful.

    You do what you think is best. I accept that. But there are other ways of approaching the game. It's lonely at the top of the mountain and I feel good when I've helped other people get there too. In TSTO it doesn't cost me a penny.

    I agree with you on that it would be better to help people in need. But i was able to complete the first acts so easily without sending any prospectors out so i don't see why anyone else should not be able to complete the acts easily either. Why should i waste my time trying to help people that are too lazy to try to do it for themselves.
    This game takes up too much time of my life as it is. I am not going got go through my list and see who needs the prospectors the most as it will take too much time. I go through my neighbor visits and hit next and next until i can drop them.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!