EA Forums - Banner

Update! Update! Update! LEVEL 60

Replies

• ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm completely confused at this point.

Got here late to the party - had to delete a bunch of stuff on my iPad to even get the update.

Is there a good summary of Best Practices?

I've started building the Googolplex. I guess the next step is to charge the XP Collider and wait or rush the building and then also do the ratmobile stuff?

What is likely to break everything?

For the time being though I'm heading outside to enjoy the wonderful outdoors.

I started the Googleplex, then bought a week of XP bonus, then started buying bloodmobiles.

I'm somewhere north of Level 420 right now.
  • matt777jam77
    243 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I maxed out at Level 939 and then a MASSIVE amount of bonus donut boxes came up that took over 45 minutes to clear. I gained well over 1,000 sprinkles. Exited my town and had absolutely no trouble going back in and everything is working fine. Hope that's the case the others as well![/quote]

I seem to be in this MASSIVE amount of bonus donut boxes. Just keep picking and picking
  • Petrozza87
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    So this is what I understand. Level 60 is the last as we know it. From now on every time you fill the xp bar, you move to the next level and you get extra donuts. That's it. But there seems to be an error and only costs 40.000xp for level, so people are reaching levels of type 950 in no time, getting thousands of donuts. But doing this you can trigger some type of bug that can destroy all your game :shock:

I think I prefer to stay without donuts for now :lol:
  • 1louisobyrne
    93 posts
    edited May 2016
    Times like this, I wish I had a B town to test it out
  • 1louisobyrne
    93 posts
    edited May 2016

EDIT: Trip post?!
  • 1louisobyrne
    93 posts
    edited May 2016

EDIT: Sorry
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Petrozza87 wrote:
    So this is what I understand. Level 60 is the last as we know it. From now on every time you fill the xp bar, you move to the next level and you get extra donuts. That's it. But there seems to be an error and only costs 40.000xp for level, so people are reaching levels of type 950 in no time, getting thousands of donuts. But doing this you can trigger some type of bug that can destroy all your game :shock:

Close, but not quite. The new max level is 939, at which point instead of getting 1 donut per level, you go back to the bonus boxes. The game shattering glitch seems to be at least somewhat separate from this as most got locked out of their games at lower levels (less than 100). In any case, they really boned this update!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Petrozza87 wrote:

No, if you reach Level 939 you're probably alright. The bug is something else. Seems to affect people with very old games. But there is a huge risk trying.
  • samfn13
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I updated, everything seemed fine. Rushed the Googleplex, then the XP took me up to level 74. Everything seemed fine there, then all of a sudden I got the Bart screen.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The Bart screen is understandable... I'm sure the servers are taking a massive hit right now. Probably why it took so long to get a level update. I'm certain lots of players were just like me and planned to take advantage of the XP bonus and tons of cash to get bonus donuts. And now that this new system is taking place, it's that much busier.
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    anaquarind wrote:
    OK, good to know I'm not the only one staying put until this is sorted out. On one hand this looks like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to convert cash into mass donuts... on the other hand one could lose their entire town permanently.

Stakes seem to high for me.

Exactly. I'd have maybe done the normal XP donut box thing, but this is so obviously glitched I wouldn't want to touch it. People getting 100's of levels ? That's a snarl up and not worth the chance.

EA should take responsibility however and not punish people by resetting the towns to zero, which seems to be happening in some cases. A days roll back would suffice.
  • Petrozza87
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Close, but not quite. The new max level is 939, at which point instead of getting 1 donut per level, you go back to the bonus boxes. The game shattering glitch seems to be at least somewhat separate from this as most got locked out of their games at lower levels (less than 100). In any case, they really boned this update!
    petehd14 wrote:
    No, if you reach Level 939 you're probably alright. The bug is something else. Seems to affect people with very old games. But there is a huge risk trying.

Thanks :) Hope they fix soon, for the moment it seems a dangerous update :lol:
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I've now got the Bart screen. I'm assuming from trying to go over Level 939.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ...A days roll back would suffice.
    NOOOOoooooooo! I was clearing income from buildings when I started leveling up like crazy, then came here to see what was going on. I was tapping like normal until then. I don't want to lose a day's "honest" tapping. :?
  • boldbhoy
    277 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Level 939, a shedload of donuts and a fleet of stored Bloodmobiles. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead :D
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Had a feeling this might hit today. I spent all my hoarded cash to upgrade the IRS building last night.
  • matt777jam77
    243 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    boldbhoy wrote:
    Level 939, a shedload of donuts and a fleet of stored Bloodmobiles. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead :D

You know you can sell those bloodmobiles back and keep the process rolling and rolling longer and longer right?
  • Oatmeal832
    570 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    All the people who say this has to be a mistake/glitch - if so, why would EA create "bonus level dialogue" for each level? Wouldn't a "glitch" just register as a level up on the bar without fanfare?

And why would there be a task at Level 97?
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Oatmeal832 wrote:
    All the people who say this has to be a mistake/glitch - if so, why would EA create "bonus level dialogue" for each level? Wouldn't a "glitch" just register as a level up on the bar without fanfare?

Well it isn't new dialogue, it is just previous levels recycled. And you get 1 donut instead of 2. And the dialogue just cycles through the same 20 or so characters. You know this is a glitch. EA's not tryna give up this much.
  • starstrucsims
    345 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Oatmeal832 wrote:

EA has stated it is a glitch and they are currently working on fixing it. That's how you know it's a glitch.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.