EA Forums - Banner

Level 60 147 290 979? What?

Replies

• DaoudX
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Arbok9782 wrote:
    I assume people have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game with no success?

Want to ask before I attempt it.

don't do it. I tried it myself and it changed nothing...
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Just read this. What an emotional roller coaster ride! This had me pretty scared. Glad they're working on it.
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Back in my game... :D
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DaoudX wrote:
    don't do it. I tried it myself and it changed nothing...

Thanks for the fast reply, saved me quite a bit of time which I appreciate.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    chris6271 wrote:
    lox73 wrote:
    Still, can't login, anyone else too?
    +1

+me

+1

Me too.

Never ending Bart screen loop on two different iOS devices.
  • pizza-high
    7 posts
    edited May 2016
    This has been over an hour now and I still can't log in either.

I contacted EA via chat and the person told me the developer team is aware of the problems and it would be maybe a couple hours before anything is fixed. Sigh*
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    chris6271 wrote:

Any more info to offer? Do anything in particular to get back in?
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited May 2016
    Ok so those that levelled up then got locked out after getting a ton of donuts, were they still there when you got let back in?
  • DaoudX
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    leeana69 wrote:
    Ok so those that levelled up then got locked out after getting a ton of donuts, were they still there when you got let back in?

I got locked out and didn't get a ton of donuts. I leveled up to 63, which means I got like 3 donuts...
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    That sucks for those that lost their towns. Maybe a solution will be found in the coming hours.
  • barryriddl474
    4855 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Also locked out. It auto leveled up about 4 times in a row, then looping Bart screen.
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Locked out at Level 481. If I reinstall I can see my game for about 3 seconds and it all looks perfectly normal. Wife was able to access my town and even drop a prospector, so town still exists. Just need a patch for the Bart loop to let us back in so we can finish leveling up!
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I just hope they don't reset EVERYONES game back to fix this glitch. I got 3,000 donuts and my game is fine...
  • DaoudX
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I wonder if it's just a misconception or if EA's programmers just really suck on what they are supposed to be doing.

It feels like whenever there is an update coming out, there is always at least one major bug...

But like I said, it might be a misconception (like when you think you're always standing in the slowest line at the supermarket).
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    zutroy69 wrote:
    chris6271 wrote:

Any more info to offer? Do anything in particular to get back in?

Only contacted EA. After a while it was possible for me to get in my town again.
    Now I'm on Level 939.
  • starstrucsims
    345 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DaoudX wrote:
    I wonder if it's just a misconception or if EA's programmers just really suck on what they are supposed to be doing.

It feels like whenever there is an update coming out, there is always at least one major bug...

But like I said, it might be a misconception (like when you think you're always standing in the slowest line at the supermarket).

But it IS always the slowest line. :)

From what I've heard about EA, they don't pay their programmers the greatest, so they probably don't have the best programmers. And EA is probably always on their bums about getting things out FAST without being tested properly (or at all by the looks of it) and they figure they will fix up the patches later. From what my husband tells me, (he has been a programmer for a long time) that is like the new method for programming. It used to be a big deal to have to patch things so things were more thoroughly tested. Now everyone is always online and it's easy to roll out patches everyday if you need to. We have seen this pretty consistently with EA lately.
  • zackaryjm
    42 posts
    edited May 2016
    Bought 5 donuts worth of the XP Collider and then spent my 7.5 million on Bloodmobiles. Leveled up to 598 (I'm glad there isn't an ever expanding number of xp neded to level up again and again) and collected my 500+ donuts.

I think I deserve a week off from grinding the rail road bonut train.

At one point it crashed and I got the Bart screen... but I let it load and all was fine.

My Gil deal has disappeared tho. I was actually interested in that.
  • Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    EA are clowns. Can't get anything right.

As bender would say in this situation " Hey EA bite my shiny metal a.ss"
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • DaoudX
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DaoudX wrote:

But it IS always the slowest line. :)

From what I've heard about EA, they don't pay their programmers the greatest, so they probably don't have the best programmers. And EA is probably always on their bums about getting things out FAST without being tested properly (or at all by the looks of it) and they figure they will fix up the patches later. From what my husband tells me, (he has been a programmer for a long time) that is like the new method for programming. It used to be a big deal to have to patch things so things were more thoroughly tested. Now everyone is always online and it's easy to roll out patches everyday if you need to. We have seen this pretty consistently with EA lately.

I don't expect them to be the best. All I demand is to let an unpaid intern test it...
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    EA are clowns. Can't get anything right.

As bender would say in this situation " Hey EA bite my shiny metal a.ss"

Hey Homer! Are you locked out too?
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.