EA Forums - Banner

Scary

Prev1
Yeah me too.. I am hoping for seasonal updates and new events as well!

Replies

• notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This is odd. With the new content many old players with billions of hundreds of millions to spare will get thousands of donuts in no time... That plus all the recent glitched donuts for those lucky enough to bypass the lockout, will there be a massive inflation in the future prices? Or is it the end of the game? With monopoly hotels and some other EA games that's what they did a few months before the game ends (making currency very accessible)... Are we near the end here too? I have spent real money on boatloads that I really hope they won't end soon...

Wow, someone else here actually gets it. If you have a lot of saved cash this game has become FREE. That's the bottom line.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Wow, someone else here actually gets it.

Not you.
  • iain51269522
    762 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You'll never stop the simpsons.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This is odd. With the new content many old players with billions of hundreds of millions to spare will get thousands of donuts in no time... That plus all the recent glitched donuts for those lucky enough to bypass the lockout, will there be a massive inflation in the future prices? Or is it the end of the game? With monopoly hotels and some other EA games that's what they did a few months before the game ends (making currency very accessible)... Are we near the end here too? I have spent real money on boatloads that I really hope they won't end soon...

Wow, someone else here actually gets it. If you have a lot of saved cash this game has become FREE. That's the bottom line.
    The game has always been free...
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • aSkydude252
    168 posts
    edited May 2016

Not *quite*. I decided to just save everything since the last level, not even buying the new land, and I had about $133M when this update hit. Turned on the XP collider and spent it all. Gained 1100-1200 donuts. Which is a lot, yes, but that's from a LOT of saving, and there are a *lot* of donut items. So while I can buy a number of new things, there's a lot more content to be bought. Players who didn't save up quite as much, who bought the land to expand, or didn't get as many tennis courts/spooky walls as possible when those were available (those bumped my multiplier up from the 100s to the 300s), wouldn't have nearly as much. And there are new players coming in too.

I've got some of the same fears about the future of the game as you do, but even if the game isn't in the very highest top earners, if it earns a net profit they will likely keep it around.

And cheap as I am, I'll probably still wait for deals to spend these donuts.
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I didn't cheat and only got in after the lockout fix. I spent maybe 200 millions levelled from 99 to 693 then continued and got maybe a total of 4000 donuts. I can probably get another 5000 donuts if I have time ... Seriously. I've never had that many donuts in this game. I can buy all the characters now. But it's still scary...
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I didn't cheat and only got in after the lockout fix. I spent maybe 200 millions levelled from 99 to 693 then continued and got maybe a total of 4000 donuts. I can probably get another 5000 donuts if I have time ... Seriously. I've never had that many donuts in this game. I can buy all the characters now. But it's still scary...

Yesterday you used your hundreds of millions in cash to get 4,000 donuts with the new level up system and the day before I used my 5 million in game cash to get 400 donuts, but I cheated and you didn't? That's nice.
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It's nice. I have good multipliers (not as huge as some but decent) and a huge blue house farm. I didn't find out about the cheat and while logged in, bought a prison bus, gained over 400 levels with this one item (that was 40k exp before they fix it) then got locked out after googleplex. a month ago I used 400 millions and got 1500 donuts (10 millions xp each round). It isn't comparable to right now.
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You miss my point by a mile. Why am I a cheater and you aren't based on arbitrary XP levels?
  • Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    So the XP collider/bloodmobile(or whatever) donut thing doesn't work anymore?
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It works fine, you just have to have cash to progress through the level ups. Only thing that changed was XP level up increases to 500,000 XP after level 100 now instead of remaining at 40,000.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Not *quite*. I decided to just save everything since the last level, not even buying the new land, and I had about $133M when this update hit. Turned on the XP collider and spent it all. Gained 1100-1200 donuts.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I spent about $35M and stopped at 3000 donuts. How did you spend $100M more than me and get less than half of what I did?
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Jedihntr wrote:

Not *quite*. I decided to just save everything since the last level, not even buying the new land, and I had about $133M when this update hit. Turned on the XP collider and spent it all. Gained 1100-1200 donuts.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I spent about $35M and stopped at 3000 donuts. How did you spend $100M more than me and get less than half of what I did?
    Spent $160mm and up to 7500 free donuts (after the patches). Careful what you say here as the die hards refute this is possible or only selective to 1-10% of players which is false. This game is now free for many and clearly shows EA's plan for the game. The point is we can keep going and going and going - unlimited free donuts if you have the cash resources. Free for those that do and now the goal of those who don't. Basically EA has created a way to win/beat the game. The end.
  • Snakeyees
    2321 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Jedihntr wrote:

Spent $160mm and up to 7500 free donuts (after the patches). Careful what you say here as the die hards refute this is possible or only selective to 1-10% of players which is false. This game is now free for many and clearly shows EA's plan for the game. The point is we can keep going and going and going - unlimited free donuts if you have the cash resources. Free for those that do and now the goal of those who don't. Basically EA has created a way to win/beat the game. The end.

You statement is false, Seeing how i have a email in my inbox that clearly states this as a glitch that the studio is aware of and are trying to find a solution. but i know that you wont believe me and i have no need to justify myself to you.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:

You statement is false, Seeing how i have a email in my inbox that clearly states this as a glitch that the studio is aware of and are trying to find a solution. but i know that you wont believe me and i have no need to justify myself to you.

Not false. Simple math. Have the cash, 200%+ bonus multiplier, turn on the collider, and buy/sell bloodmobiles and anyone can do the same (post patches).
    Lvl 60 - 1mm XP
    61-99 = 40,000 XP
    100-939 = 500,000 XP
    940+ = 1mm XP

Now calc buying a bloodmobile @ $133k and what XP is generated from that and determine how many would need to be purchased to get to X. Then calc the $33k you get returned for each one sold or basically have a starting point of $100k. If this doesn't add up to people there's nothing more to do. Too many are simply emotionally upset by this idea and fearful this could mean the end is near. I get it and that's fine but no business would have implemented this if they have a long term vision for this game.
  • Snakeyees
    2321 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:

Not false. Simple math. Have the cash, 200%+ bonus multiplier, turn on the collider, and buy/sell bloodmobiles and anyone can do the same (post patches).
    Lvl 60 - 1mm XP
    61-99 = 40,000 XP
    100-939 = 500,000 XP
    940+ = 1mm XP

Now calc buying a bloodmobile @ $133k and what XP is generated from that and determine how many would need to be purchased to get to X. Then calc the $33k you get returned for each one sold or basically have a starting point of $100k. If this doesn't add up to people there's nothing more to do. Too many are simply emotionally upset by this idea and fearful this could mean the end is near. I get it and that's fine but no business would have implemented this if they have a long term vision for this game.

If that's the case why is my xp set at 1,011,464 to level to 61?

From EA customer Care.

Dear xxxxxxx (Removed my Name)

I have looked a little further into the situation and found that this a known issue that the studio is currently looking into. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do personally, to which I do apologize. We do, however, have our development studio currently looking into it. When it comes to the studio fixing these problems, they can take quite a bit of time so I can't provide a solid ETA. I would, however, check the EA forums for an update on the situation.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that you have to go through but I do hope that the studio fixes it relatively soon.

Regards,
    Nick.C
    EA Customer Experience

• notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:

Lvl 60 - 1mm XP
    61-99 = 40,000 XP
    100-939 = 500,000 XP
    940+ = 1mm XP

Did you read what I wrote? To get to 61 it is 1mm, then 40k thereafter to 99, then to 500k to 939, then back to a mil thereafter.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:

Lvl 60 - 1mm XP
    61-99 = 40,000 XP
    100-939 = 500,000 XP
    940+ = 1mm XP

From EA customer Care.

Dear xxxxxxx (Removed my Name)

I have looked a little further into the situation and found that this a known issue that the studio is currently looking into. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do personally, to which I do apologize. We do, however, have our development studio currently looking into it. When it comes to the studio fixing these problems, they can take quite a bit of time so I can't provide a solid ETA. I would, however, check the EA forums for an update on the situation.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that you have to go through but I do hope that the studio fixes it relatively soon.

Regards,
    Nick.C
    EA Customer Experience

After 2 patches the same figures I provided stand. It use to be 40k to 939 and since adjusted per my above. I'm sure many are happy to see you pushing EA to further adjust the XP levels higher - very nice of you.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    rh-875_4z.jpg
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    There are two groups of players, bear with me for simplicity, I know we can identify more, but these are the two main ones. Those who have been around long enough to hoard millions (group 1) and those who have not (group 2).

Group 1 players will likely have all premiums and the only earning potential from them is new content in events. If they are freemium die hards, they are likely to stay freemium die hards at this point, and only bite at smaller cost offers like barney deal etc, scratchers. EA has already made enough money off these players and future money making options are new content from events, and bonus deals. I'm at the point where I no longer need to buy a boatload for events i.e. they have reached the max earning potential from me already. My purchases have been getting increasingly smaller.

Groups 2 players are newer players who are still potentials to move over to the dark side, if they haven't already. A couple thousand donuts is no where near enough to get all premium level content. Lots more purchasing potential when compared to group 1.

EA may be focusing on keeping group 1 happy with new content from events, while trying to entice group 2 players to spend more.

One BIG assumption being made by this forum is that EA has simple contracts with Google, Amazon, Apple etc. For example the dollars you spend in game go to EA. Business contracts are rarely that simple, there are likely factors built in to benefit both businesses and to encourage benefits to app stores. Things such as active players, number of downloads, i.e stuff that would attract people to their app stores or give them metrics to show their stores rank higher. With that logic, EA makes money off of freemium players - perhaps why they don't shut down well known ways to boost freemium play and even mention their awareness of those groups in game....

Just my two cents.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!