EA Forums - Banner

Turn on XP collider 24/7

Prev1345
I'm experimenting with the exact same idea. I bought the 7 day XP collider just to see how many donuts I could generate (although right now I'm only at level 118 or so). Basically I started and ended today with 5 million in cash, buying bloodmobiles with whatever cash I generated, and I produced 9-10 donuts. Presumably I would have produced around 2 donuts without the collider, so I generated an extra 7-8 donuts, and if you multiply that by 7 days I will have produced around 50 extra donuts. If you subtract the 20 donuts I paid for the collider, then the net is positive 30 donuts for the week.

So, for me, its an extra 30 or so donuts a week by having the collider on 24/7. However, most of that is probably due to buying bloodmobiles, so if I just stocked up on a ton of cash, I could do all the bloodmobiles at once and save on the 20 donut per week fee. But then I'm not generating the extra XP I'm getting just by tapping, which is probably accounting for somewhere between an extra 10-20 donuts a week. My guess I'm losing out just slightly by having the collider on 24/7, but it's kind of more fun this way.

My multiplier is about 270% not counting SH and I generate close to $1 mil in cash daily, probably just short of it. I would think if you're a little higher than me, you would probably benefit from going all collider, all the time.

Replies

• jamesj9371
    101 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I've done this, and it is totally worth it.

Remember at level 939 donuts get cheaper, which just gives you more incentive to race there.

The only issue I see with buying long xp collider runs is when EA nerfs the collider.
  • Lancemountain37
    258 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    what do the bloodmobiles do?
  • Psdance
    150 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    These and the Rat Trap Truck provide a large amount of XP per $ spent. And with the XP Collider running it resulted in a 5X the XP for the same $ spent.

I've bought the 10 day XP and have toyed with the idea of continuing it along. I've still got tons of cash and a really good multiplier.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Psdance wrote:
    These and the Rat Trap Truck provide a large amount of XP per $ spent. And with the XP Collider running it resulted in a 5X the XP for the same $ spent.

I've bought the 10 day XP and have toyed with the idea of continuing it along. I've still got tons of cash and a really good multiplier.

The bloodmobiles and Rat Trap trucks give you 10% XP (base amount) of the purchase price. If you have a high multiplier and turn on the XP collider, Gina's prison bus can generate several cycles of bonuts rounds, in 1 shot, or you can buy multiple bloodmobiles and Rat Trap trucks to do the same thing. There are other items that give you more than 10%, but you'll have to do a lot of clicking compared to bloodmobiles or Rat Trap trucks.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    If you have a high multiplier and turn on the XP collider, a single bloodmobile or rat trap truck can generate several cycles of bonuts rounds.

The phrase "high multiplier" is very vague nowadays. For some people 200% is a high multiplier, for others it's a meh multiplier.

If I have my math correct, to get two rounds of donuts from leveling up twice with the purchase of a single rat trap (if you're still at 500K XP per level) during Collider times then you would need to have about a 1300% multiplier, no? That seems very high, not just high. Or maybe I have my numbers all messed up again.

This is way there should be an online calculator where one can put in Cash on Hand, Multiplier, What Level They're At, etc. and see the results of various scenarios (i.e. buying 10 rat trap trucks). Or maybe that already exists, who knows!
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    If you have a high multiplier and turn on the XP collider, a single bloodmobile or rat trap truck can generate several cycles of bonuts rounds.

The phrase "high multiplier" is very vague nowadays. For some people 200% is a high multiplier, for others it's a meh multiplier.

If I have my math correct, to get two rounds of donuts from leveling up twice with the purchase of a single rat trap (if you're still at 500K XP per level) during Collider times then you would need to have about a 1300% multiplier, no? That seems very high, not just high. Or maybe I have my numbers all messed up again.

This is way there should be an online calculator where one can put in Cash on Hand, Multiplier, What Level They're At, etc. and see the results of various scenarios (i.e. buying 10 rat trap trucks). Or maybe that already exists, who knows!

I meant to say Gina's prison bus, not bloodmobiles or Rat Trap truck. I can't remember who, but one of the forum members claimed to have a 1000% multiplier.
  • PowellSurfer
    19 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    jamesj9371 wrote:

Remember at level 939 donuts get cheaper, which just gives you more incentive to race there.

The only issue I see with buying long xp collider runs is when EA nerfs the collider.

Cheaper donuts? How much cheaper?
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    jamesj9371 wrote:

Cheaper donuts? How much cheaper?

From level 100 to 939, you need 1,500,000 to get 3 donuts, at level 939, you need 1,000,000 XP to play the bonuts game for 3 donuts.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The bloodmobiles and Rat Trap trucks give you 10% XP (base amount) of the purchase price. If you have a high multiplier and turn on the XP collider, Gina's prison bus can generate several cycles of bonuts rounds, in 1 shot, or you can buy multiple bloodmobiles and Rat Trap trucks to do the same thing. There are other items that give you more than 10%, but you'll have to do a lot of clicking compared to bloodmobiles or Rat Trap trucks.

What is the highest cash to xp ratio ?? with the new feature of group sales it doesnt take a crazy amount of time to sell items. Especially if your collider is on 24/7 as you can keep selling of items with every housefarm collection instead of building up big cash reserves.
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited May 2016

What is the highest cash to xp ratio ?? with the new feature of group sales it doesnt take a crazy amount of time to sell items. Especially if your collider is on 24/7 as you can keep selling of items with every housefarm collection instead of building up big cash reserves.

Kwik E Marts give 2000XP per build. Best ratio by a mile even at top price of 14,400. I cleared most of levels 61-100 yesterday just with KEM builds and no collider.
  • Razor049
    156 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I agree with the OP. If your town is generating 200,000XP/day that is 2M in 10 days or 6 donuts. With Collider it becomes 30 donuts. This gives a net loss of 1 donut. Also with the collider running all the time it makes the KEMs more desirable.

Not to hijack this topic, but you may rethink trash. I figure that I lose about $300,000 from my rail yard workers during the week. This equates to about 1.5 bonus ups for 4.5 donuts. I think that the 0.5 donut cost is worth not dealing with the rail yard. I also don't need any more track.
    My town 5/13/20: https://i.imgur.com/GHOIICG.jpg. I accept most neighbor requests.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Sounds like a fun experiment. :D

I just bought the 7 day recharge and will see if how well it pays with just regular play, no buying and selling.

• petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm thinking of doing this too. For some reason I'm bothering with the Rail Yards because I still want more donuts. I leveled up yesterday the natural way and I got two bonus boxes, which didn't happen when I last used the collider.
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Trying to figure out how many donuts I leave on reserve while using the rest on multipliers which should in turn increase my donut return. With the collider on 24/7 I get a few boxes a day so I'm thinking to work on the multiplier, while saving 100 millions for land or other purchases. Any suggestion or input?
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Just wanted to add to this thread.

My multiplier (pre-SH) is 328%. I have no house farms. Having the collider on 24/7 really is a good investment. With the XP from tasks + buying rat trap trucks with income, I'm getting three to four bonuses per day (or about 90 donuts in a "10 day" collider span!)

• MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Funny how much the game math has changed. The multiplier has achieved paramount importance. If you can get that high enough, you can basically break the game wide open. From now on, unless there are major changes with future updates, my plan is to take advantage of any deal on items that increase my multiplier.

I have today discovered Kwik-E-Mart farming, and now I'm very confident that 24/7 XP collider is beneficial with my 270% multiplier. You get 2000 XP for each Kwik-E-Mart, compared to 13,200 XP for the bloodmobile, but Kwik-E-Marts are way cheaper, maxing out at $14,400 after you've bought a bunch. I did the math and even the $14,400 Kwik-E-Mart is a better XP earner (I calculated $7.20 per XP vs $10 per XP for the bloodmobiles). But you can buy the first few Kwik-E-Marts for much cheaper (e.g., $300), which is an exponentially better deal than the bloodmobiles. They take 4 hours to build and then you sell them all off and start again at the bottom price.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I bought a 7 day recharge and have recouped my initial investment after only 28hrs of collider time. I'm level 939 with a 1mil XP requirement for the bonus boxes.

I played normally no buying and selling items just character tasks and rent collections. My base XP multiplier is pretty high and I'm still working on finishing money mountain. Burns' task at money mountain pays a lot of XP. Also during events I collect all of my buildings compared to non-event play when most are left uncollected for neighbor visits.

Your miles may vary. :D
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    jamesj9371 wrote:

I've been doing this since I got back on after a 24 plus hours lock out. :( I missed the big donut run. But, yeah totally worth it for me. I don't have a house farm, but a ton of wailing walls. My level is 716. something not counting SH buildings.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • AAArnie
    65 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Could somebody explains the SH multiplier? I've seen this mentioned a few times but haven't figured it out. Are there specific buildings I need to bring out of storage to obtain it?
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    yes, there's a chart somewhere. must be placed in your town to get the boost, which is not shown on any game screen. someone will post a link, or you can search the forum. I'm just keeping all my major buildings and garages from Act I of Springfield Heights out all the time now during this Donut-Getting Era. It's an eyesore, but whatever. Act II buildings for SH don't have as much benefit to the multiplier.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!