EA Forums - Banner

Past lv. 60, what are we supposed to spend all our money on?

nuts of the doh

Replies

• mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Beer.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The Homalayas are basically the ultimate aspiration building now - provided you're not one of the ones sitting on 100 million plus dollars that allowed them to shoot through all 929 levels during the xp glitch. Buy and sell bloodmobiles, get xp, go up levels, get free donuts, repeat.
  • DrumminBeard
    182 posts
    edited May 2016
    I assume that we can expect more land, more money-sinks like the Money Mountain and World's Largest Redwood, and - with the dissolution of level-dependent building/character combos - more buildings and building/character combos.

The possibility that money will be more or less irrelevant, once we hit Level 939 just doesn't make sense. They have to have a plan in place; we just haven't seen it yet.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The prices for the Googleplex are insane. I assume they want that to become a money drain.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    oh crap, what if the idea is they're going to shut down the other SH factories so only the movie theater remains?!?!?!?!?! That'd be a scary thought, if we HAD TO use those movies. I hope they don't do that to us. As an ex-Catholic I'm going to say several Hail Mary's for normal SH crafting to continue the way it has been. EDIT: done! That should take care of it.
  • stevedilge752
    198 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm thinking that SH is going to be the new currency and in game $ wont be used for much. It is a way around long time players who have big multipliers If I remember right it said something at the end of the googleplex story line about leveling the playing field between new and old players . It's just a thought
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • geekbyknight
    656 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Well there will be other stuff.
    Or you can just turn all that cash into donuts.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    if there's no new expensive buildings coming?

Why do you think there's no new expensive buildings coming?
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The money going to be used for buildings, land, new items, huge inspirational buildings. Just like before EXCEPT it won't be level updates. Just updates. Like Thanksgiving, Space, Tree and many other updates we had that weren't level related.
  • DrumminBeard
    182 posts
    edited May 2016
    josebot533 wrote:
    The money going to be used for buildings, land, new items, huge inspirational buildings. Just like before EXCEPT it won't be level updates. Just updates. Like Thanksgiving, Space, Tree and many other updates we had that weren't level related.

I agree with this.

But to be fair to the OP, MOST themed-update buildings and items have historically had a price of "Free;" which doesn't really help to answer their question. I agree that this will change in the future, though (and I assume that's what you'd meant to imply, josebot??).

Edited to change "his" to the gender-neutral "their."
  • BombayPizza
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016

event buildings has been rather cheap but that may change.
  • BombayPizza
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I can spend money on the Googolplex theatres? I totally missed that.

And I forgot the IRS building. My next upgrade is 5M and I make about 200K/day so I guess I put my money there, I already got plenty of empty lots to place buildings...
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2016

They didn't say all the content they release will be event-based. Only that it will be available to all levels. They could very easily release permanent items available to everyone. (Think of the "early access" stuff they had the last few levels.)

I definitely think more things like the Redwood or Money Mountain are going to be coming. They seemed far more popular than the classic aspirational buildings.
  • toddestan
    179 posts Member
    edited May 2016

If they want everyone to be able to play the events then they'll have to remain relatively cheap. People working through the levels won't have a lot of money. Yeah, they could throw in another building like the Stonecutter's Daycare Center (event building that cost $250k) but $250k is nothing to someone who's gotten through all the levels.
  • TwigletStyx
    1044 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm thinking that SH is going to be the new currency and in game $ wont be used for much. It is a way around long time players who have big multipliers If I remember right it said something at the end of the googleplex story line about leveling the playing field between new and old players . It's just a thought

:shock: Whoa... Easy for you to say? :lol:

Never even crossed my mind 'till now, & hope it's not the case.

*hugs*
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • debihjax2012
    1 posts
    edited May 2016
    When can we buy more land? I thought we could build more, at level 293 right now, but not able to buy more land.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No more levels doesn't mean no more new content. This is one thing that always bothered me about RPGs. People always think they have to level up or somehow that new content isn't meaningful. I'd love to see someone come out with a game that has no level up and you simply just enjoy the content and story. After all it is only a number that if removed doesn't change the game at all. In terms of an RPG where you are fighting monsters and what not it simply means they have to level up the monsters at the same rate you are in order for the challenge to remain the same. A rather pointless thing when the same exact is accomplished by having no level at all and simply content to play and a story you follow and adjusting up and down the challenge according to the baseline. But I digress off the main topic of levels in this game sorry..... My theory is the game will be event driven from here on out. With occasional permanent content added. Or older event content made permanent by way of donut pricing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!