No more donuts for visiting friends?

MarkNMo
38 posts Member
Probably not during the event.

Replies

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    no donuts for tapping these hat wearing Western guys. (Cowboys are poor? They don't carry donuts).

we'll see if they turn neighbor-nuts on again after the event.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I have received a donut during the event from visiting an inactive friend who had buildings to click on.
  • TArmada23
    55 posts
    edited May 2016
    vetteeater wrote:
    I have received a donut during the event from visiting an inactive friend who had buildings to click on.

That's correct, you can still get bonuts if you click on buildings instead of the bandits, but as mentioned, you only have the ability to click on buildings for any neighbor that has not been active for the entire event. I managed to get one a week or so ago this way. But, if you still need to collect event currency or materials, you should wait to visit inactive friends until after you've collected everything you can for the day from active neighbors.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    MarkNMo wrote:
    I've noticed that it's been a month or two since I've last received a donut for visiting my friends' towns. I've been maxed out on my Friendship Level since level 20 was released. Are friend donuts a thing of the past?

There's been no donuts given out for neighbor visits since the event started. If you are at maximum friendship points, the only reason to visit neighbors is to drop off prospectors and get additional crafting currency.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Given there are so many other ways to earn more premium currency I'm not sure this warrants much attention.
  • MarkNMo
    38 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for the clarification. It does make sense that the bandits haven't been programmed to chance donuts like the buildings have been.
    Given there are so many other ways to earn more premium currency I'm not sure this warrants much attention.

There are other ways to earn premium currency? Gee, please do tell me more.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    MarkNMo wrote:

leveling up
    railyard
    find maggie
  • MarkNMo
    38 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    MarkNMo wrote:

leveling up
    railyard
    find maggie

I was being sarcastic ;)
  • maggiesmob
    226 posts
    edited May 2016

I'm a mostly freemium player, friend visits gave me on average 1 donut a day which is about the same as you get from the Maggie game, I'd say it was worth the attention and it gave me the incentive to visit friends.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11578 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    they're only disabled for the event as the bandits don't earn them
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2016

This warrants the upmost attention tapper!
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I mean utmost. Happy tapping.
  • mandiepaxton
    256 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I've not had any for a while but presumed it was because of the task

Mands xxx
  • wadebear
    4140 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    That doesn't make sense as a reason for not getting donuts. In the last event where we were tapping "invaders" (was that gamblers or something else?) we got donuts for tapping them in neighboring towns.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    wadebear wrote:
    That doesn't make sense as a reason for not getting donuts. In the last event where we were tapping "invaders" (was that gamblers or something else?) we got donuts for tapping them in neighboring towns.
    Making sense and disabling are two different things.

I wonder if EA even cares if we visit neighbors anymore. I can't be bothered since there's no random donut and because tapping a bandit means I have to wait like 2 seconds each tap.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Johnny2bd
    678 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    wadebear wrote:
    Making sense and disabling are two different things.

I wonder if EA even cares if we visit neighbors anymore. I can't be bothered since there's no random donut and because tapping a bandit means I have to wait like 2 seconds each tap.

Do they care? Probably not.

Should they care? Yeah, they really should.

The best thing they could do to make the game more user friendly for new users at this point is to give some actual significance to our neighbor visits. It says we're helping our neighbors, but we're not - unless their crops were whiting and we helped save them (and we used to be able to help our neighbors harvest their boardwalk tiles quicker - but they killed that).

Clicking on their buildings should speed up their collection rate. A visit where you click a 24 hour building should allow them to harvest that building immediately. That little bit of money doesn't matter to a long time player, but it would be a HUGE boost to a beginner.

Just like clicking some bandits in their towns should both give us a chance at donuts (incentive to visit) AND give our neighbors some event currency - to make it easier for lower levels players to hit their goals. Hitting their goals makes happy players, happy players keep tapping, and the longer they play - the better chance there is of them buying donuts and supporting the game.
  • wadebear
    4140 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Better idea: instead of mucking with the timing on the buildings, tapping them in a neighbor's town should increase the payout. With a limit of course - only so many increases allowed.

And actually we HAVE been helping our neighbors, just not by visiting. If you tap the Prospectors they drop in our towns they get a better payout than if they weren't tapped.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.