EA Forums - Banner

Episode Tie-In Suggestion

yeah did you see that episode! haahah was well funny! especially the bit with the moleman family and the exploding homer.

Replies

• Deadshot_DCU
    6356 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Usually the tie-ins have always added a new thing to the game and not just a new task for a character. A tie-in for this episode wouldn't have added anything new. I really hope they continue to do these tie-ins while adding new characters, buildings, decorations & storylines.

1. Duff Racer
    2. Fat Tony with exclusive story line
    3. Cool Brown House with Cool Homer & exclusive story line
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    Usually the tie-ins have always added a new thing to the game and not just a new task for a character. A tie-in for this episode wouldn't have added anything new.
    That was my point. I can understand if they don't want to create a new storyline/character/building for every episode. That would be really expensive. But just adding a limited-time task would be fun and relatively easy to pull off.
    I really hope they continue to do these tie-ins while adding new characters, buildings, decorations & storylines.

1. Duff Racer
    2. Fat Tony with exclusive story line
    3. Cool Brown House with Cool Homer & exclusive story line
    I wouldn't want them to take these away either! But adding subtle tie-ins in between these major ones would be a nice way to keep the show/game interesting and relevant.
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited January 2013
    As soon as I saw the parking meter in the show I thought there might be a tie-in with the game, but nope.

The interesting thing is how they are mixing the game and TV show. I missed the Race Car but saw the Fat Tony and Brown House integration, which was very cool. Has any TV show done this successfully before? I've been waiting for a really good marriage of TV and online life, seems long overdue.

Some do the "story sync" but it is not interesting stuff, mostly Q&As and "what would you do," and it seems you also have to watch TV live, which I have not done in 13 years. Everything I watch is recorded. Lost had the separate story lines and videos and billboards and stuff that they incorporated into the show but it was very minor and only huge fans would know about it. It wasn't something as interesting as this game.

This game seems like the absolute perfect way to intersect TV and computers.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.