EA Forums - Banner

****? My store lost all the wild west stuff to buy?!?!

Prev1
maybe because the event is over?

Replies

• happyone2323
    1496 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The event ended at 7pm CST.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • LPNintendoITA
    11622 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    the timer clearly said Limited Time ..h ..m ...s left
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • SlitherWhisp
    174 posts
    edited May 2016
    Damn. So used to the, ending in the wee hours of Tuesday morning that I neglected to properly look at the clock. :oops: :cry:

Thanks all
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Damn. So used to the, ending in the wee hours of Tuesday morning that I neglected to properly look at the clock. :oops: :cry:

Thanks all

Yes this was a peculiar end time.
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Was crafting rocks right to the end. Shut off two minutes early according to my phone time.
  • vjmmartino
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I am so sad that I missed the deadline too. I saved all my items for crafting tonight, but got home late. I worked hard on crafting and learned now, never to save, spend right away.
  • Surfcitygal
    1244 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It stopped at 5pm Pacific daylight time, which I'm sure caught many off guard, especially since our daily event tasks started being available at 1am.

Ok,EA, you've got us all speculating!

• spyder1952850
    1077 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    And yet you can still collect said tokens, send prospectors, collect from other Springfields, raid hideouts, and see what tokens you still have. Can it be just for the daily challenges? Inquiring minds want to know! Maybe they will have a 1/2 off sale first thing tomorrow.
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Ugh ? Same here. I knew it ended today, and was going to unload all my extras. Got home and event was over. End time sucked.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm sure you're not the only one expecting to be able to finish off spending their currency. Due to event history EA had set an expected standard that post final prize deadline that you would be able to spend the event currency to obtain items aside from the prize track. But even then I think there was more than one event that the final acts end wasn't set in stone by the timer. As long as the take down update wasn't forced you had time to finish off things. I personally was all done with all the prizes and didn't want to buy any extras of the stuff however I was surprised to see that the stuff was all shut off abruptly with the timer. I had considered taking one last look at the stuff and sending out the last of my prospectors to continue to help those who were close but shy of what they needed. So I was disappointed to see that I could not.
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    And yet you can still collect said tokens, send prospectors, collect from other Springfields, raid hideouts, and see what tokens you still have.

Yeah, this is the kinda weird thing.

But it's a trade off from being able to "craft" via the store. Lots of people liked the ability to easily buy multiple barrels, rocks, etc. Woo. But the trade off is that there's a hard end date with store items, unlike the event crafting that usually ends when the takedown happens.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Thanks all
    Same. Wow, this sucks. I hadn't spent any of my extra currency so I just wasted the last week of playing. Why after so long would they suddenly make a change like this? I know it's my own fault but it's still very disheartening. :(
  • LPNintendoITA
    11622 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    the timer was there all along since event start though it never was hidden
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • 74hands
    449 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    the timer was there all along since event start though it never was hidden

I think what people are surprised about is the fact that for the first time, an event has actually ended at the advertised time! No chance to do extra for several hours while we awaited a takedown update.

However, the one thing that hasn't changed is the fact that us TSTO players get to have a "it's so unfair" whine - which it isn't, of course, but it makes us feel better. :lol:
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • Big82S
    565 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Grimes was a great character. Bought him right when he came out. Wish he had more tag lines when tapped though.

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm kinda annoyed they ended it so early. I had a lot resources saved for rocks and all of it went to waste.

I call **** on that! :evil:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • 07abesimpson
    35 posts
    edited May 2016
    Regardless what EA is doing people complain :
    If an event ends on time they complain because it ends on time and if we are able to purchase things after the countdown is down there are complaints why the event isn't over when it should be.
  • tilycoclem
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ^^^ Yep! Thinking the same thing!
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited May 2016
    If an event ends on time they complain because it ends on time and if we are able to purchase things after the countdown is down there are complaints why the event isn't over when it should be.
    This time we even get to complain about both, since half of the event has disappeared while the other half is still going!
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Mirality wrote:
    This time we even get to complain about both, since half of the event has disappeared while the other half is still going!

Ikr? :lol:
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.