EA Forums - Banner

Holy Foreshadowing Radioactive Man! (spoilers)

Prev134
Johnny2bd
680 posts Member
Did you get an update?

Replies

• Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Did you get an update?

Not yet. Tried to force it manually but for some reason tapped out has disappeared from my store ><
  • Betterrunegg
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've got the splash screen and the changed logo. Kindle may have prematurely updated.

edit:I have the bloody screen in photo*ucket if someone can help me load it up.

89b03689-e663-402c-86e1-2949b6ffdcf5_zpshm1culij.png

7351d706-d820-49e6-a40a-bab0e55316ac_zpsp0s6zwde.png[/URL]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    These were the old ones to compare.

ICON
    TSTO_Superheroes_Icon.png

Splash Screen:
    300px-TSTO_Superheroes_Splash_Screen.png
  • Wiredup11
    343 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Sweet! A return of the Superheroes event has been wanted for a while. I hope they'll use a soundtrack again and make it a different one than last years (which was great).
    Hopefully Plopper returns as I can now afford to get him.

One thing though OP; Please don't put spoilers in the title then mark it (spoilers). Kind of defeats the purpose.
  • frigidiceman
    139 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I hope they re-release the tar pits. It'll look great with the sand tiles and toss it in my wild west outskirts as an evil lair with doctor colossus!
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Wiredup11 wrote:
    Sweet! A return of the Superheroes event has been wanted for a while. I hope they'll use a soundtrack again and make it a different one than last years (which was great).
    Hopefully Plopper returns as I can now afford to get him.

One thing though OP; Please don't put spoilers in the title then mark it (spoilers). Kind of defeats the purpose.

Thought about it but, come on, we all know we're getting a superhero event. The teaser for the English versions are a little less specific, but the French teaser pretty much flat out says it's coming. The only information I'm giving is it might be sooner than later. I was expecting it on the 14th (and it still might be on the 14th) but it looks like there might be the possibility of it hitting this Friday (since they have been releasing things later in the week lately instead of the traditional Tuesdays).

@nissa - I haven't got the splash screen yet but the icon is different than that one.
  • Betterrunegg
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    See above for splash screen and update details.
  • barryriddl474
    4855 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've got the splash screen and the changed logo. Kindle may have prematurely updated.

edit:I have the bloody screen in photo*ucket if someone can help me load it up.

6e97fbe0-27da-4904-b677-91231b9c9a7c_zpsxil97i0n.png89b03689-e663-402c-86e1-2949b6ffdcf5_zpshm1culij.png

So cool. Thanks for sharing this photo!

Also, thanks OP!
  • LawrenceCohen
    3793 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Exciting!
    :thumbup:
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I guess Gary and his computer came back from vacation. Can't wait, looks fun.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • Betterrunegg
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Comic book writing for tasks has returned!
    As for tasks, etc. I've got nowt, so far.
  • DrumminBeard
    182 posts
    edited June 2016
    I am very interested to see how they're gonna proceed with this. ALL of the character alter-ego skins (Pie-Man, Bartman, The Collector, etc.) plus the never-out-of-super-hero/villain-mode characters (Radioactiveman, Fallout Boy, The Collider, etc.) were all released during the first Superhero event. So how are they going to allow for people who missed that event to participate in this one?

That is SOOOOOOOO much content that will likely be relevant during this new event, that they couldn't possibly just dump it all on new players for free and set 'em loose. Likewise, they couldn't possibly charge donuts for ALL that stuff; as how could a new player participate at all?

I know they have a plan going into this, but I have thought about this problem on several occasions over the last year and I am very curious to see how it will play out. Will the people that participated in part one have an advantage? Will brand-new players get free goodies that a lot of us had to work hard to obtain? Will this be the event that inflames those who keep saying the EA has been setting us up to charge an exorbitant amount of donuts for every little thing?

Stay tuned...
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    A bit of both. The usual pool of characters for events is mostly core basic ones + a couple premiums. The switch here is maybe a pool of entirely superhero characters, with some being free plus others pay. The usual, but with masks. I've cancelled my v1agra order as it's no longer necessary. The important thing to remember is to find the fun in all this and punch it in the face using some kind of laser hopefully.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    774 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I am very interested to see how they're gonna proceed with this. ALL of the character alter-ego skins (Pie-Man, Bartman, The Collector, etc.) plus the never-out-of-super-hero/villain-mode characters (Radioactiveman, Fallout Boy, The Collider, etc.) were all released during the first Superhero event. So how are they going to allow for people who missed that event to participate in this one?

That is SOOOOOOOO much content that will likely be relevant during this new event, that they couldn't possibly just dump it all on new players for free and set 'em loose. Likewise, they couldn't possibly charge donuts for ALL that stuff; as how could a new player participate at all?

I know they have a plan going into this, but I have thought about this problem on several occasions over the last year and I am very curious to see how it will play out. Will the people that participated in part one have an advantage? Will brand-new players get free goodies that a lot of us had to work hard to obtain? Will this be the event that inflames those who keep saying the EA has been setting us up to charge an exorbitant amount of donuts for every little thing?

Stay tuned...

EA could just give them out for free as part of the story line, just like they gave Kang and Kodos to everybody for free that didn't already have them
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Awesome. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get something new.
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    josebot533 wrote:
    Awesome. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get something new.

Tomorrow?

The Chili event doesn't even end until June 15.
  • lotusmantisx
    164 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ah man now I'm super anxious... I've only been playing since Halloween last year, I don't recall ever seeing a splash screen and icon released prior to the content.... Have they done this before? If so, can anybody remember what is the longest period they had to wait to get content after getting the screen and icon?
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    cool!

it happened once, and it happened on kindle too:
    1st Easter event
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • hudd24
    328 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    So then guys tomorrow?? Next week?? Next year?? When is this coming?? I doubt they would have put the splash screen on kindle if this isn't coming till 15/6!!!
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I loved how everything had a comic book look to it last time, hope they have that look again.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.