EA Forums - Banner

So mad!!!

emmcee1
8388 posts Member
Contact Platinum Motorsport in Los Angeles. They always wrap my cars for me (matte) and have been told they can find any part for any car. Highest quality. Better than Count's Kustoms in Las Vegas.

Replies

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Contact Platinum Motorsport in Los Angeles. They always wrap my cars for me (matte) and have been told they can find any part for any car. Highest quality. Better than Count's Kustoms in Las Vegas.

Thanks for the info but travelling to the states from Australia for a set of tail lights is a tad to far lol.
  • NickyD841984
    2623 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    That's crap that mate and I hate when people do things like that. Why not go to a local parts dealer and buy from them or buy from a parts dealer online. That way you will know exactly what condition the part you want is in.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    That's crap that mate and I hate when people do things like that. Why not go to a local parts dealer and buy from them or buy from a parts dealer online. That way you will know exactly what condition the part you want is in.

yeah but I want to get them as cheap as possible and if I do that I might as well get them brand new from Nissan and pay the friggen $400 they want for them.
  • NickyD841984
    2623 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    emmcee1 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:

yeah but I want to get them as cheap as possible and if I do that I might as well get them brand new from Nissan and pay the friggen $400 they want for them.

Fair point mate. That being said you might find a site offering deals on parts.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:

My brother lives in Japan and he said he would send over whatever I need if only the lazy bugger replied to his emails lol.
  • NickyD841984
    2623 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    emmcee1 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:

My brother lives in Japan and he said he would send over whatever I need if only the lazy bugger replied to his emails lol.

It's good that he can do that for you.
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    I run into this issue all the time. When I was shopping for my CBR 600 RR I went the craigslist route instead of going to the dealership. People will lie straight to your face to try and sell their junk. I had a guy email me and tell me his bike only had 12k on it. When I got there I checked to odometer and it read 23k. His excuse was that he rebuilt the engine but didn't have receipts.

Another guy had a bike that was in great condition but the Title was a little off that led me to believe it was a stolen bike. People suck sometimes.

Luckily not everyone is like that but it does take a lot of "ground work" to find something worthwhile. Good luck in finding your lights mate. Japan is where to go, I got an integrated tail light and flush mount front turn signals for my CBR from Japan for 1/2 the cost with shipping of what I'd pay in the states of equal quality.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    emmcee1 wrote:

Thanks for the info but travelling to the states from Australia for a set of tail lights is a tad to far lol.
    Nobody suggested you travel to the US. Technology has advanced so much you can actually order something from your house! Japan is the way to go - purchasing from the country of origin is always cheapest though the AUD conversion will likely have you paying 20-30% more.
    RIP Tapped Out 2017 - It's Over Folks!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited June 2016
    Emmcee drop me a DM bro i know a few companies that will ship out to you from the UK bro, stocks are good as well, price should be ok too, although not sure about the shipping costs. Owning a * car myself i know quite a few places to get good spares
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • NickyD841984
    2623 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    emmcee1 wrote:

Nobody suggested you travel to the US. Technology has advanced so much you can actually order something from your house! Japan is the way to go - purchasing from the country of origin is always cheapest though the AUD conversion will likely have you paying 20-30% more.

not really say for instance if he was looking at a part for AUD50 in Japanese yen it's 3,900. It Also may be free shipping. I've brought things from China through eBay and got free shipping.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I just don't trust buying anything unless I can see it first or get it brand new, the last few days have really made me think that people interpretation of "well looked after" is totally different to my own.
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I just don't trust buying anything unless I can see it first or get it brand new, the last few days have really made me think that people interpretation of "well looked after" is totally different to my own.

Yeah some people are just trying to unload their junk on you while making a buck in the process.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Then they get all offensive and are like "well what do you expect for second hand" I simply expect the truth when asked about its condition that's for sure.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Maybe tell them to snap a picture of it and text it to you?

I have no idea whether or not this is a spectacularly stupid idea in your case ... but ... well ... when my son goes to rent a car, he takes pics of any scratches and dings so he doesn't get charged for the damage when he returns it. Is that a feasible solution for you?
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    That's the thing, Here's the story, I saw them as a set on a local classified site and he only wanted $70 for the set compared to $400 brand new from Nissan. So I asked for pics, he sent, they looked really good and I even asked him, do they has any cracks in the corners, lenses clear? Otherwise I'll keep what I got. He said yep there immaculate, so I said if I like them I'll take them and took the hour drive to see them. Got there and they weren't what I saw in the pictures, one, the left one which I don't really need was immaculate but the right one had a dull sort of appearance like it was cleaned with the wrong chemical and it has clouded the lense. I wasn't buying that and he got all upset and I said why would I buy that, I've will have two different looking tailights, he called me a time waster and I said if he simply told me the truth when I asked him the night before it would've saved us both time. This is the issue I have, moisture in the indicator and reverse lamp section.
    6ykrd0.jpg

But after a closer inspection after moving all the trunk linging I found that the right tailight wasn't sealed aswell as the left, as it has a sealant and it and bolted into place, so I might just re seal it and see how that goes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!