EA Forums - Banner

Assault.

emmcee1
8388 posts Member
Wow, that's a tough spot for you to be in the middle of friends fighting. If they are serious about staying together sounds like couple therapy with a good dose of anger management or those two are going to end up in jail at best. No one should be hitting anything.

Replies

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Wow, that's a tough spot for you to be in the middle of friends fighting. If they are serious about staying together sounds like couple therapy with a good dose of anger management or those two are going to end up in jail at best. No one should be hitting anything.

I've even seen her spit in his face, there both as bad as each other and yes they need therapy.
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Bad news.
    Your friend is making some bad decisions.
    "He would never hit a woman" but he did...

I'm sorry, I'm not so PC that I think it's okay for a guy to hit a woman because he's defending himself(men and women aren't equal in every way, fact). What your friend did was wrong and if they don't split up or get some serious help, it'll just get worse.

She may be the problem but he doesn't exactly sound like Prince Valiant.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Bad news.
    Your friend is making some bad decisions.
    "He would never hit a woman" but he did...

I'm sorry, I'm not so PC that I think it's okay for a guy to hit a woman because he's defending himself(men and women aren't equal in every way, fact). What your friend did was wrong and if they don't split up or get some serious help, it'll just get worse.

She may be the problem but he doesn't exactly sound like Prince Valiant.

Ohh no like i said there just as bad as each other and you completely right.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Sounds like they should split up, they're as bad as each other and bad FOR each other.
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Sounds to me like she is evil. I think that she's hit him and he's hit back, and she's using it against him. Some people are horrible.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:
    Sounds to me like she is evil. I think that she's hit him and he's hit back, and she's using it against him. Some people are horrible.

That's exactly what I rekon to, he told me before things get pretty violent and I asked why he stays with her and he said because he loves her and people do crazy things for love. Righto I said, I've been with my partner for 13 years and not once have I or she raised a hand or been psyical towards each other and he said " good on ya, everyone is different"
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't think ANYONE should hit ANYONE, but honestly domestic violence is awful and men are victims too ! He should have left her or vice versa. I've been there, lived it and learned from it. I've stayed when I shouldn't. I do agree everyone had their point to break, you either fight back or die if you don't leave. I don't feel bad that he fought back, if she wants to fight like a man WITH a man then she can get punched like a man when he defends himself. I know that men don't want to seem like victims against women to look weak (and same for women), people are ashamed and embarrassed and they promise to never do it again. Then a few beers or whiskies later or you say the wrong thing or smile at a stranger just being polite or want to go see you sister or ANYTHING that can anger the other person and it's YOUR fault you got hit its YOUR fault you are hurt and usually physical violence doesn't stop there.. emotional abuse (which hurts me so much more, personally) is usually there as well. No one deserves to be hit and told they are worth less, disgusting, pathetic, etc.. if you experience this or know someone who is reach out and get help. Leave. Asap. It won't stop. It wasn't one time. Your friends and family can help and if you don't have that, then there are a LOT of people who will help you. Man or woman.
    Sad part is most men and women who experience these things will accept it, live with it and if they do leave they will go back (I'm one of them) over and again because they feel all those things, helpless , worthless, no one will love them and they go back to the abuser. Many times. Don't give up on the ones you care about, they need support!
    I'm really glad there are no children involved and I sure hope your friend seeks help and leaves her for good.
    Love is not a reason to stay, so much more is needed in a relationship: friendship, RESPECT, understanding, loyalty and most of all patience.
    I know.
  • moxxee
    7716 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Wow. Heavy stuff right here.

Sounds like things will continue to escalate until one or both of them ends up in prison, the ER, or worse.

Time to get help today. Not tomorrow.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote:
    I don't think ANYONE should hit ANYONE, but honestly domestic violence is awful and men are victims too ! He should have left her or vice versa. I've been there, lived it and learned from it. I've stayed when I shouldn't. I do agree everyone had their point to break, you either fight back or die if you don't leave. I don't feel bad that he fought back, if she wants to fight like a man WITH a man then she can get punched like a man when he defends himself. I know that men don't want to seem like victims against women to look weak (and same for women), people are ashamed and embarrassed and they promise to never do it again. Then a few beers or whiskies later or you say the wrong thing or smile at a stranger just being polite or want to go see you sister or ANYTHING that can anger the other person and it's YOUR fault you got hit its YOUR fault you are hurt and usually physical violence doesn't stop there.. emotional abuse (which hurts me so much more, personally) is usually there as well. No one deserves to be hit and told they are worth less, disgusting, pathetic, etc.. if you experience this or know someone who is reach out and get help. Leave. Asap. It won't stop. It wasn't one time. Your friends and family can help and if you don't have that, then there are a LOT of people who will help you. Man or woman.
    Sad part is most men and women who experience these things will accept it, live with it and if they do leave they will go back (I'm one of them) over and again because they feel all those things, helpless , worthless, no one will love them and they go back to the abuser. Many times. Don't give up on the ones you care about, they need support!
    I'm really glad there are no children involved and I sure hope your friend seeks help and leaves her for good.
    Love is not a reason to stay, so much more is needed in a relationship: friendship, RESPECT, understanding, loyalty and most of all patience.
    I know.

Very very good post and I couldn't agree more.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!