EA Forums - Banner

CG Format - all interested please read.

Prev1
I can attest that there is an inconvenience to remembering which forum account with which to sign. On the other hand, it's a little bit inconvenient to check two forums, especially if your habit is to log off.

IMHO, a big benefit to using another forum is that this EA forum is archaic in structure. Other forums (fora? ) would allow a much better thread-structure, and the "search" features are (relatively) phenomenal.

I'm curious -- if we hold the game elsewhere, you seem amenable to a password-controlled DMP. But you don't seem to want that if the game is held here. (DMP is on freeforums) I'm sure you have a reason for that difference, but can't think of what it would be.

Just because Our Resident Jerkweed with his stupendously successful fantasy life has a long established history of handling 'losing' by throwing tantrum, taking his ball and going home, or blowing up the entire game because he can't accept that he's a lousy conspiracy game player, doesn't mean that the rest of us are. Even our very youngest players are proof of that. To give him some sense of fulfillment in his desperate life, we may want a preset reply to his genius posts. "." comes to mind.

Anyway, if your game DOES end up on this forum, if you're unable to get 20 players, how about allowing players to play dual characters -- with two accounts. ... The players would be able to post under both their pseudonym and their regular forum name, at their own discretion, and at their own risk. (If they end up signed in on the wrong name at the time they post, and realize after they post that they made a mistake, and catch it quickly enough, they could go back and edit. (Which is, in itself, a different type of risk. ) )

(No matter how we do this, I'm gonna need to train myself to stop speaking in parentheses).

Replies

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't mind using another forum, you can just have both open in separate tabs or whatever - no big deal :-) I do think you shouldn't give the DMP password out to any non players though, cos... Well, you know. And that all happened WITH a player :? Maybe DMP shouldn't be used altogether, I don't know.

I'm honestly happy doing any of the three options :D I'll just go with the flow.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I voted for Option 1, but I would play in any format.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • Taco_BeIIe
    2376 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Really don't think non players should be able to access DMP.....
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I picked option 1 too, but I could care less how the CG is hosted since I would play anyways. :mrgreen:
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Spectators would be able to access DMP if and only if they PM me on this board, and if their account ISN'T new. This is because I know Sue said she liked following along with the game, and this would allow her and others like her to view the roles if they want. Also, if anyone isn't up for playing on a different forum (like yourself, TB) but they wouldn't mind visiting to see the game play out, they could see the roles also.

@Annette, my reasoning for not using DMP if the game was held here would be that if people are unwilling to visit another board to play, they'll likely be unwilling to visit another board for any reason, and I think it'd be a waste of time setting it up.
    Edit, also @Annette
    At least 12 players will work, if but 16-20 would definitely be preferable. If I had 12-14 I *think* the roles would be as they were in the very first game Urlaub hosted, with a single villain team of two.
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    When do you plan on starting?
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    josebot533 wrote:

You sound awfully eager.
    (You DO realize that the goal in these games is to slaughter one another, right? ) :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    josebot533 wrote:
    Probably some time during the last week of June/first week of July, and sign up will probably be up before a week from now.
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    josebot533 wrote:

You sound awfully eager.
    (You DO realize that the goal in these games is to slaughter one another, right? ) :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm hooked now. Lol. Slaughtering eh? Now I'm really looking forward to it.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited June 2016
    I'd play wherever, however....another one hooked on the cg's.
    I like the idea of a DMP haven't been in a game where I got to use one yet.
    I can see the possible confusion using another account here...I can see me forgetting and using the wrong one :roll:
    I think I 'd prefer another forum if we are using pseudonyms..it will definitely add a element of fun.
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Id prefer not to have to go to a different forum because the mafia championship is starting tomorrow so I've already got an extra forum to check on, so that might make it three. If that's what it's got to be then so be it, but I'd rather keep it here than take it elsewhere, although I'd still play wherever it is to
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Spectators would be able to access DMP if and only if they PM me on this board, and if their account ISN'T new. This is because I know Sue said she liked following along with the game, and this would allow her and others like her to view the roles if they want. Also, if anyone isn't up for playing on a different forum (like yourself, TB) but they wouldn't mind visiting to see the game play out, they could see the roles also.

@Annette, my reasoning for not using DMP if the game was held here would be that if people are unwilling to visit another board to play, they'll likely be unwilling to visit another board for any reason, and I think it'd be a waste of time setting it up.
    Edit, also @Annette
    At least 12 players will work, if but 16-20 would definitely be preferable. If I had 12-14 I *think* the roles would be as they were in the very first game Urlaub hosted, with a single villain team of two.

Barry - I do like to follow along, but I honestly think letting non-players access DMP is not a good idea. Too much could go wrong with that.
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    As long as it's mobile friendly I'm fine with whatever. I HAVE a laptop and I HAVE a desktop, but I just don't use them unless I'm doing something good like ancestry.com or something.

*mobile friendly please*
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote:
    As long as it's mobile friendly I'm fine with whatever. I HAVE a laptop and I HAVE a desktop, but I just don't use them unless I'm doing something good like ancestry.com or something.

*mobile friendly please*

Yep, freeforums let's you toggle between a mobile and desktop site.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I haven't voted. I have no real preference. Whatever works for the majority is good to me.
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    I picked option 1, but I would play regardless.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    meinaz wrote:
    I haven't voted. I have no real preference. Whatever works for the majority is good to me.
    This. I haven't voted, either.

++Wilki
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    meinaz wrote:

++Wilki

I'm going to keep my eye on you.

tumblr_n2pg2k3bfq1ql56ddo1_500.gif
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    meinaz wrote:

++Wilki

Which one?
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    meinaz wrote:

++Wilki

Which one?

Just the left one, the right one is needed for other things and stuff.

++Moxxee
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!