EA Forums - Banner

Why did you choose your avatar?

Replies

• kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ahhh Peru, my love for you has grown, now I know you are a fan of banksys work.
    What an artist!
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Fantastic! I'm assuming the Bansky prints are photographs of actual "installations" (for lack of a better word)? How neat would it be to see the real thing? I'll have to put that on my wish list for an upcoming visit to the UK. Now to google "Banksy Map"...

I would strongly recommend a trip down to Brighton on your trip. It's only an hour on the train from London and it is a very bohemian, arty and creative place. It's very cool and I think that from the little I know of you, you'd really like it. Also if you make it up to Scotland, you must go to Edinburgh. A beautiful city if I say so myself and the capital of the country of god's own people. What more could you want?
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Lady gaga in a meat dress. Need I say more?

Think I'm going to change it though, but all the 150x150 pics I find are damn blurry. I might go for a hot Lisa.

Just did a quick google images search for 'hot Lisa'. Clearly, I forgot to add the Simpson surname. Still, I'm no worse for the experience.

This is the best of the bunch:

image_zpsb2e325e7.jpg

Yes, now that Kymie is hot Marge again, a hot Lisa would be most welcome :D

Shall we start a pool for when the moderator catches this? :D
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    dhort1985 wrote:
    I chose mine because Pink Floyd is my favorite band. Also, the DSotM is my favorite album.

Do you have the widows cursor icon set?
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    Need to resize it; but it should be self explanatory.

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o644/Bmccl99/DoubleChocolateXmasSprinkled-w_zps085f5cec.jpg

And it was as good to eat as it looks.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Need to resize it; but it should be self explanatory.

And it was as good to eat as it looks.
    DoubleChocolateXmasSprinkled-w_zps085f5cec.jpg
  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited January 2013
    I all ready have mine picked out and uploaded to my profile, just waiting to be promoted to display it. It's the cast of the Big Bang theory that have been simpsonized. This is my favourite show in the world.

• JAMVAN5150
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    I picked mine not only because of the silliness of it, but hey, not that far off the mark of how I sit around the house. I also enjoy the art work of Bob Kane, Frank Miller and Stan Lee.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks to zuzupj pointing out Simpsons Doctor Who drawings I was able to mesh the two great worlds.
  • Jimbeeze
    278 posts
    edited January 2013
    I drop my pants for food...
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Because I love all things Doctor Who. I used to have a weeping angel which is my favorite from the series, but I switched it out to the cute blobs of fat instead.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    Because I love all things Doctor Who. I used to have a weeping angel which is my favorite from the series, but I switched it out to the cute blobs of fat instead.

I do miss the Weeping Angel, but the fat is very cute
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:
    I picked mine not only because of the silliness of it, but hey, not that far off the mark of how I sit around the house. I also enjoy the art work of Bob Kane, Frank Miller and Stan Lee.

Ummm....I'd love to see some artwork by Stan Lee.

While I've read loads of what he's written (Excelsior!), I've never seen anything that he's drawn.
  • JAMVAN5150
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    You weren't supposed to call me out on that!
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I was conflicted. On the one hand there was my quintessential Simpson's moment: Homer Goes to College and the I Am So Smart song. I imagine if I could have figured out how to make my avatar the little dancing Homer I'd have that.

As it is I went with plan B: find a relatively obscure old school character. I was a huge fan of Phil Hartman and considered all his characters, in the end the charlatan Lyle spoke the most to me. Now when I post I try to think a little bit about what Lyle might say. After all, we're all characters here right?
    peruhomer wrote:
    ...Banksy, who I don't know that you'd be aware of in the US.

Of course we know Bansky, except in the States we call him Shepard Fairey.
    homerdope_zpsd1bf5026.jpg
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm a big Bond fan and absolutely loved the parody that they did of the genre in "You Only Move Twice" with Hank Scorpio.

I was going to use this photo initially:
    Scorpio_with_Mr._Bont.png

But then I found this gif and just had to use it. He looks so enormously pleased with himself using that flamethrower.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Homer as a hummer... Come on its funny! And it goes with my name (sort of, I realize he's an H2 & not an H1).
  • dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited January 2013
    Jimbeeze wrote:
    I drop my pants for food...

i actually LOL'd really hard when i scrolled past this.

and mines from one of my favorite episodes and because of my job.

• SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited January 2013
    I just love to see Homer's belly jiggle!!

It's like mine at the moment after all the christmas food!!
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    I just love to see Homer's belly jiggle!!

It's like mine at the moment after all the christmas food!!

C'mon -- we saw the photos you posted! You can't be implying that you purposely chose the absolutely most flattering ones.

An accurate representation of yourself is what the internet is made of!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!